Paintball Mod

EnderDragon8390
In-game: jeff

Paintball Mod

by EnderDragon8390 » Post

This is a work in progress mod, so there isn't very much in this version. I still need to add armor,damage,paintball splats,different colored paintballs and different kinds of paintball guns.
Attachments
paintball.zip
Here's the mod.
(4.43 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

Re: Paintball Mod

by ExeterDad » Post

Thanks for your contribution! Looking forward to checking this out as your development progresses.
P.S. Is there enough built to show screenshots? It would be helpful :)

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

you could make a full automatic paintball gun
https://github.com/HybridDog/nuke/blob/ ... t.lua#L987
Attachments
screenshot_3643005627.png
screenshot_3643005627.png (362.98 KiB) Viewed 697 times

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Jimmy Goo

by Jimmy Goo » Post

Paintball sport is my favorite. Though I do not get much chance to play it physically with my friends, yet I enjoy it very often on my computer. Thank you for developing its mod. I know that not much progress is made but I appreciate your efforts on this work. I hope you will get to complete the mod soon and we will be able to fully utilize it in our paintball games.

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

Which Paintball games are available on computers? I've tried Paintball2, but that's about the only one that I've been able to find.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

Jimmy Goo

by Jimmy Goo » Post

@kaadmy There are a lot of paintball games available for computers. In my opinion Digital Paintball 3 is a nice paintball game. You can download this game by searching on internet.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

I don't remember trying Digital Paintball 3 before, dunno why.
Downloading now to test it out.

Is it made with Unity? I'd guess so.

Pixture

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

ill have you some paint ball guns here in about an hour or so.. just finishing them up .. the models that is ...

Edit :7:18 AM CST:DST

here is the link to the files they are on my google drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97PNB ... sp=sharing

there are 3 PB markers and a co2 cannister that way you can impliment recharging/refilling of canisters.

if you want the blender file is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97PNB ... sp=sharing
if you want i can come up with some paint balls but i figure that pretty basic. in the archive file is inventory images skins and the actual obj models.

PM me if you cant figure it out.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

Looks neat, but are the models for this MT mod? IMO models wouldn't fit, and I don't know if you can even use them as wielditems.

Pixture

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

you can weild mesh items, and really if its that important i can remesh them as voxel looking but seriously just becasue we have blocks in the game doesnt mean that everything should be a block, if the op dont want them then i suppose thats fine, but you know on a completely different gripe i am seriously tired of people asking how minetest is different and better than minecraft and then when stuff comes along that makes it better they scoff at it saying it doesnt fit. look yall are trying to play paintball in a game about surviving mobs and building buildings from blocks of dirt seriously. in my mod i have a weilded item that is a 3d mesh key. so i know it can be done. like i say up to the op , even if you just took a side shot of the model and then reworked the png into a image for the weilded item, I am seriously about to give up on this community and go back to silence and play by myself. this is the only community i know of other than the homebrewers forum (another forum i am a memeber of) where when you try to give peoiple a hand up they piss in your face. seriously. for most of the new modders (im not saying the op is new to modding) the hardest part is decent graphics, and with access to the power of the machine i run, and being half ass decent at graphics i figure that i could lend a hand. How exactly do you figure the Minetest game of tommorrow will be if we dont push the envelope as modders and give them reasons to make stronger more versitile API, if this dont fit then ya know half of the things we have for mods dont fit. i mean come on. like i say OP wants then they are there, didnt take me loing graphics are really simple once you figure it all out. worst case scenario i have some new models to sell on the internet, :)

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

tbillion, l made a sound out of your text and other stuff, you can use it if you want.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Hybri ... e_shot.ogg

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

@Hybrid Dog, this aintmy mod man, but that sound would be another good addition to this mod. again all up to the op

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

@tbillion: I've tried before, and MT works very poorly as a FPS game engine right now.
First, the wield items always have the same punch animations, which look very strange with guns.
Second, the lag is too high for any decent game.

Pixture

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

Those models are great tbillion. EnderDragon8390 has not commented yet. Lets see what he/she says.
Those models are too nice too ignore.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

well Don between you and TwoElk you guys are the ones who got me started in this whole modeling mess, and then nathan has been a great help, so i figure why not bring some better models to the fold. like i say too id we dont want to go with meshes i can use the wurrent models to make "flat" versions that can be uses as they would notmally be used anyway.

I wish i had a dollar for everytime i heard someone complain about lag. in minetest lag is what it is especially dependant on what server and their connection. on LAN though i have very minimal lag mainly because i have a pure N network. and if we want the animaton for something to be different say a "gun" then maybe we should look at the code for the animation instead of complaining about it like children, probably bad to say but in a little under a year and a half i will be 30, im not a child and when i want something i achieve it. probably wouldnt be that hard to get ahold of the source and change the animation from hitting to a recoil type effect. just saying, hell if someone will point me in the ight direction i will do it myself. i hate C, but im sure i can figure it out , thats what google was invented for.

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

Go on the irc and talk to the devs. If you can improve it then submit a pr. I bet that a lot of people would be happy if the animation was improved.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here