[Mod] Vehicle Mash [1.4] [vehicle_mash]

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

Re: [Mod] Vehicle Mash [1.3] [vehicle_mash]

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

Haha seems its not a in 5 minutes on laptop feature :D
Thank you for spending time on this. Having the same view better than nothing.
My Mods:

Beverage

blert2112
GitHub: blert2112

Re: [Mod] Vehicle Mash [1.3] [vehicle_mash]

by blert2112 » Post

mahmutelmas06 wrote:Haha seems its not a in 5 minutes on laptop feature :D
Thank you for spending time on this. Having the same view better than nothing.
It's something my kids asked for quite a while ago, I just got caught up in porting mobs over to mobs_redo and hardware upgrades.
I can change the view perspective using set_eye_offset() but it looks like swinging a ball on a string around your head (with your eyes attached to the ball). I can't find any other way to change it so I went with it and locked the view to the vehicle yaw (passenger can't look around).
The mod is currently in disarray so I am rewriting it to clean things up and remove some code duplication. A new version should be up in a day or two, given I don't break something.

blert2112

Re: [Mod] Vehicle Mash [1.4] [vehicle_mash]

by blert2112 » Post

updated
Not going to gaurantee backward compatability... you might want to delete any old vehicles in your game or you might have unknowns lying about.

mahmutelmas06

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

Thanks for effort.
Nice job

And a suggestion. I dont know if u look at mobs redo codes but if u use texture code with compatible api like this

textures = {
{"blue_car.png",
"black_car.png"},
},

you dont have to have different lua files for each car such as blue.lue black.lua and mod would be lighter.
( ı am considering nobody cares spesific car color instead of random one )
My Mods:

Beverage

blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

mahmutelmas06 wrote:Thanks for effort.
Nice job

And a suggestion. I dont know if u look at mobs redo codes but if u use texture code with compatible api like this

textures = {
{"blue_car.png",
"black_car.png"},
},

you dont have to have different lua files for each car such as blue.lue black.lua and mod would be lighter.
( ı am considering nobody cares spesific car color instead of random one )
So, is it working to your liking? I did not lock the passenger view after all. Should I?

Yeah, that would make the mod smaller but... when was the last time you walked into a dealership to buy a car, picked one, and then had to settle for a random color? ;) Personally, I would rather sacrifice the small amount of memory in exchange for knowing what color I will be getting. It is very easy to disable any of the vehicles you want gone... just open the init.lua file in the mod folder and comment out (put -- in front of) the corresponding dofile.. lines. I am considering pulling the mod apart and making it a modpack instead, that way you can just delete any vehicle folder you dont want.

mahmutelmas06

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

I am ok with the current version comletely :) Just trying to be useful in that forum :p
My Mods:

Beverage

Panquesito7
GitHub: Panquesito7
IRC: Panquesito7
In-game: Panquesito7

by Panquesito7 » Post

If someone is still interested in this mod, you can use my fork which has more features.
Want to know them? See https://github.com/minetest-mods/vehicle_mash#changelog since v2.1 for more information.

JIGIx
In-game: JIGIx

by JIGIx » Post

Somebody managed to crash a car from that mod into one of my building. It has "Generic CAO, hp=10, armor={immortal=1,}" properties and I don't seem to be able to drive it(?). Do you know how I can get rid of that griefing? I try to dig a hole under but the car doesnt fall. Anything else I could try?

apercy
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy

by apercy » Post

JIGIx wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 18:38
Somebody managed to crash a car from that mod into one of my building. It has "Generic CAO, hp=10, armor={immortal=1,}" properties and I don't seem to be able to drive it(?). Do you know how I can get rid of that griefing? I try to dig a hole under but the car doesnt fall. Anything else I could try?
pistons can move it

JIGIx
In-game: JIGIx

by JIGIx » Post

apercy wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 18:57
pistons can move it
that works lol. a bit fastidious though, but now there's a car hanging in the air in the middle of nowhere 🤷‍♂️ thanks for the suggestion!

apercy
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy

by apercy » Post

JIGIx wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 19:37
apercy wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 18:57
pistons can move it
that works lol. a bit fastidious though, but now there's a car hanging in the air in the middle of nowhere 🤷‍♂️ thanks for the suggestion!
If it is your server, try to install my airutils. The tug tool can move objects. It was designed to move the airplanes to the proper place, but it can move any object: https://github.com/APercy/airutils

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Stay safe out there, don't jump the gates! (Click to watch on YouTube)

/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

blocker

by blocker » Post

In which mod are the barriers/gates? Looks nice.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

The barriers and warning devices are from streets mod (cheapie's fork, roads, in this case).

Also, the explosion code is over at a branch of my GitHub repository and I have sent it to the Advtrains developer mailing list. The sprite and sound are from OpenTTD. It would be nice if Panquesito could let me know if the approach used in my code is good :)
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂