GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: basic_machines

by maikerumine » Post

rnd wrote:updated:
- wiki https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_machines/wiki

keypad: can now work as a keyboard or text writer/setting changer device
enviroment block: can change physics settings & skybox for nearby players
ball_spawner: spawn an energy ball that can activate stuff and bounce around when moved with https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_ma ... wiki/mover mover
Dang! You have been busy!
Thank you for the wiki, all minetest users need this for your awesome mod. I should update esm with this when I return.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

rnd
GitHub: ac-minetest
IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

by rnd » Post

now you can make cannon machine that fires projectiles with user adjustable projectile speed, projectiles bounce of walls and can activate targets

cannon machine itself: left keyboard to adjust projectile speed, right sound emitter, middle cannon ball spawner, below mover to fire projectile, top behind enviroment block to adjust ball gravity

worldedit file with made cannon
cannon.we
(53.83 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Attachments
cannon_machine.jpg
cannon_machine.jpg (117.5 KiB) Viewed 894 times
cannon_fire.jpg
cannon_fire.jpg (81.66 KiB) Viewed 894 times
1EvCmxbzl5KDu6XAunE1K853Lq6VVOsT

aix
IRC: aix
In-game: aix

by aix » Post

Add this around line 34 in protect.lua, otherwise typing anything in the terminal mode crashes everything:

Code: Select all

if not player then
                return end
Lightning Server
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than one's fear.
-Ambrose Redmoon

rnd

by rnd » Post

added check

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

rnd wrote:[...] one mover refuels battery from generator[...]
For the love of it I can't get it to do that. What mode do you have to use, how do you set that up? I tried about everything, but really couldn't get it to work.

Have fun, noob101

rnd

by rnd » Post

there is wiki https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_ma ... wiki/mover:

inventory: useful for moving items between two nodes with inventories. You must select inventories from inventory list dropdown right to source/target fields in setup.

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Thanks, rnd!

OK, then there is something wrong on The sea is my life. While the power cells stack up in the battery (and ofc much free capacity), they are not consumed and do not recharge it. Any ideas?

Have fun, noob101

Beerholder
GitHub: evrooije
In-game: Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Hi rnd, so I tried to create a perpetuum power cell mover mobile using a generator to generate batteries and then move them to the battery underneath the furnace. All the movers are triggered by a distributor, the distributor is on top of a clock generator. For some reason the power cells get stuck in the first battery. It is correctly moving all the power cells from the generator to the first battery until the battery is fully loaded at 25 cells. They are however not transported to the second battery underneath the furnace :-(

I checked all the movers to make sure they are set to inventory, source and target set to "fuel" and that they point to the correct nodes, but everything looks ok....

Have you tried this scenario and got it to work? If so, then it might be a problem with the server (Cash's World) ...

Wonderful mod anyways, even having to do some things manually it still works very well and makes life easier :-)

Many thanks in advance!
Beer

Attachments
perpetuum_factory.png
perpetuum_factory.png (467.42 KiB) Viewed 894 times

Beerholder
GitHub: evrooije
In-game: Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Never mind rnd! Just found out that I just need to finish all the power cells in the last battery and then they are moved. The issue was that (obviously) there were 25 cells in the second battery, and the mover tries to move all of them but cannot as there are still cells in the target (duhuh XD). So looks like it works!

OMG OMG OMG! I have a perpetuum diamond mobile factory thingy yay :-D

rnd

by rnd » Post

hi,

mod always checks if action is possible and wont do anything if its not. Examples:
- moving 3 pieces of cobble into chest with only 2 pieces of space left
- moving 10 pieces of cobble but you only have 7 pieces of cobble available
- trying to place something but that spot is already occupied by non air

Its not the only mod with "perpetuum mobile" stuff... ever asked yourself where all that infinite energy comes from
when using geothermal/water/wind power in technic. If you want to be purist you can grow fuel - like cactus/trees and only use that to power stuff..

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

Wind energy comes from the sun, at least.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

wind energy comes from the rotation and the magnetic field of the earth. The Space Wind comes from stars
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Byakuren

by Byakuren » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:wind energy comes from the rotation and the magnetic field of the earth. The Space Wind comes from stars
Wind is caused by pressure differences, which are caused by temperature differences, which are caused by the sun's heat. The contribution of the rotation of the Earth is marginal and I have never heard of the magnetic field causing wind.

rnd

by rnd » Post

Byakuren wrote:The contribution of the rotation of the Earth is marginal
Its more involved than that [1].

As for "space wind" - if you have charged particles like coming from stars ("solar wind") then yes, magnetic field has a big effect on them [2]

References:
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind#Magnetospheres

Byakuren

by Byakuren » Post

rnd wrote:
Byakuren wrote:The contribution of the rotation of the Earth is marginal
Its more involved than that [1].

As for "space wind" - if you have charged particles like coming from stars ("solar wind") then yes, magnetic field has a big effect on them [2]

References:
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_wind#Magnetospheres
Thanks for the Coriolis effect page. I guess the rotation of the Earth has a more-than-marginal effect, though temperature difference is still the main driver of wind. It's true also that the magnetosphere affects solar wind, but I was talking about air wind in my post. I'm assuming that's also what azekill meant in his post, since he distinguishes solar wind in the next sentence.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

ALways here to help :D
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

rnd

Re: [Mod] basic_machines [basic_machines]

by rnd » Post

Updates:

1.Replaced minetest crafting for machines with Terraria like system, where you simply put materials in inventory and select what you want to craft from list. Machines on the list are sorted in a way to slowly introduce machines to new player.

2. improved help
Attachments
constructor1.jpg
constructor1.jpg (69.86 KiB) Viewed 894 times

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

nice, but theres a problem: you cant make a machine which needs more than 8 different components
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

this is a awesome mod. but can you put a spoiler with the older versions please
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

echosa

by echosa » Post

This mod causes skybox image issues, at least at high altitudes. If I add this mod then teleport to `0,18000,0`, the skybox image doesn't load and these errors occur:

2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_y.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_y.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_y.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_y.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_z.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_z.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_z.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_z.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_x.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_x.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_x.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_x.png"

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

echosa wrote:This mod causes skybox image issues, at least at high altitudes. If I add this mod then teleport to `0,18000,0`, the skybox image doesn't load and these errors occur:

2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_y.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_y.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_y.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_y.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_z.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_z.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_z.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_z.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_neg_x.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_neg_x.png"
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "sky_pos_x.png" while building texture
2016-12-31 16:28:52: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "sky_pos_x.png"
well worked perfectly for me

echosa

by echosa » Post

Here's a short video of it happening. In the video, I create a new world and show that the only mods I have enabled are the basic default mods that come with Minetest Game and basic_machines. I also show that I'm using Minetest 0.4.15.

https://cl.ly/0v3O0Q3W151h

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

echosa wrote:Here's a short video of it happening. In the video, I create a new world and show that the only mods I have enabled are the basic default mods that come with Minetest Game and basic_machines. I also show that I'm using Minetest 0.4.15.

https://cl.ly/0v3O0Q3W151h
you need to add the sky mod ---> viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13775

echosa

by echosa » Post

Ah. Ok. The main post just says "Dependence: default". Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

no, you have to add the textures to the "textures" folder of basic_machines or to another mod textures folder but then you have to add this mod to depends.txt (add a "?" to the end of the mod name to make it optional)
the textures are:
"sky_pos_y.png",
"sky_neg_y.png",
"sky_pos_z.png",
"sky_neg_z.png",
"sky_neg_x.png" and
"sky_pos_x.png"
they should explain themselves
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)