This is a mod to manage ignore lists without having to care about other mods handling chat messages.
Technical Name: ignore
Purpose: This mod was originally created for MinetestForFun's Skyblock Server as a replacement for chatplus, which allowed players to manage ignore lists. Needing an independent ignore mod (for blocking callbacks and code optimization reasons), I assigned myself the task of coding one, and here it is. This ignore mod also blocks actions using /me from ignored players.
Note: I have not tested, but I can tell that if both ignore and chatplus are enabled they will not use the same lists, in case that was not clear.
Compatibility: Works with minetest 0.4.13 ; should work with any minetest version above 0.4.7.
The /ignore chatcommand is the interface for anyone to manage their own ignore list. Here is the set of subcommands available:
- - help: shows you the help
- add <name>: adds someone to your ignore list or tells you why it was not possible. (add can be replaced by a '+')
- del <name>: removes someone from your ignore list or tells you why it was not possible. (del can be replaced by a '-')
- show: shows you your entire ignore list : name of people you ignore, along with the date when you ignored them
- init: resets your ignore list back to empty. There is no return after this (normally)
- check <name>: tells (or at least tries to tell) you whether or not a player is ignoring you
- - ignore.config.save_dir: directory in which ignore lists are saved
- ignore.queue_interval: interval between two queue works (in seconds). Currently used for saving files
- ignore.config.enaled: disabling this will simply disable the ignore callback, thus the entire mod becomes useless
Download: [zip] [tar.gz]
Browse code: View on GitHub...
Report issues: Bug Tracker
Remember to rename the folder containing init.lua "ignore", instead of "ignore-master" or any other name.