Making a program to help making of mods/games

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

sfan5 wrote::) Can you add me on github now?
ASAP :). Is it ok if we work on the forking system? it would be simpler for me
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

cosarara97 wrote:Nice :D (I tried it)
It needs "Browse" buttons to choose pictures, like the ones here:
http://www.text-image.com/convert/ascii.html (just an example)
Later, as this requires a lot of PHP, and the only way we can test it is to always upload it to SF.net, and this would require a lot of time (I am planning on doing this though, but later).

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

jn wrote:It should be output = "c9:Cloud9" instead of output = c9:Cloud9, shouldn't it?
Thanks, I'll change that. Is there any difference between single and double quotes in LUA?

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

cosarara97 wrote:It also needs a "remove block" button :D (Yep, I'm using it for my first mod, despite I could write it manually xD)
I think if I understand, it would be the trash, right? Whenever you drag a block there, it deletes it. If you mean delete a custom-made block, it's just by closing the dialog that contains the block
Last edited by lkjoel on Sat Mar 31, 2012 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Post

lkjoel wrote:
Later, as this requires a lot of PHP, and the only way we can test it is to always upload it to SF.net, and this would require a lot of time (I am planning on doing this though, but later).
Lol. It's just this:

Code: Select all

<input type=file size=50>
Last edited by cosarara97 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
:D

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

lkjoel wrote:
cosarara97 wrote:It also needs a "remove block" button :D (Yep, I'm using it for my first mod, despite I could write it manually xD)
I think if I understand, it would be the trash, right? Whenever you drag a block there, it deletes it. If you mean delete a custom-made block, it's just by closing the dialog that contains the block
So the dialog needs to be open to see the block in-game? I think what that guy ment was there should be like a browser for the blocks that have been made with this program. And a feature to delete them from the game.
Keep calm and code python^_^

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

lkjoel wrote:
sfan5 wrote::) Can you add me on github now?
ASAP :). Is it ok if we work on the forking system? it would be simpler for me
Ok
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Post

Death Dealer wrote:
lkjoel wrote:
So the dialog needs to be open to see the block in-game? I think what that guy ment was there should be like a browser for the blocks that have been made with this program. And a feature to delete them from the game.
Well, I actually meant something like the trash, which I hadn't seen, and doesn't actually work for me. Closing the dialog doesn't remove them from the blocks list either. Maybe I have to clone from git again for an updated version...

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

Oh ok:D

jn

by jn » Post

lkjoel wrote:
jn wrote:It should be output = "c9:Cloud9" instead of output = c9:Cloud9, shouldn't it?
Thanks, I'll change that. Is there any difference between single and double quotes in LUA?
No, not really.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

cosarara97 wrote:
lkjoel wrote:
Lol. It's just this:

Yes, but where and how do we store it?

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Death Dealer wrote:
lkjoel wrote:
Good idea! I'm gonna include that

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

cosarara97 wrote:
Death Dealer wrote:
lkjoel wrote: I think if I understand, it would be the trash, right? Whenever you drag a block there, it deletes it. If you mean delete a custom-made block, it's just by closing the dialog that contains the block
Well, I actually meant something like the trash, which I hadn't seen, and doesn't actually work for me. Closing the dialog doesn't remove them from the blocks list either. Maybe I have to clone from git again for an updated version...
I haven't implemented that yet, but I think I should use Death Dealer's idea, as it seems better

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

jn wrote:
lkjoel wrote:
No, not really.
That's interesting... I think I'm gonna stick with single quotes then

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

lkjoel wrote:
cosarara97 wrote:
Death Dealer wrote: So the dialog needs to be open to see the block in-game? I think what that guy ment was there should be like a browser for the blocks that have been made with this program. And a feature to delete them from the game.
I haven't implemented that yet, but I think I should use Death Dealer's idea, as it seems better
^_^ glad to help in some way.

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Post

lkjoel wrote:
cosarara97 wrote:
lkjoel wrote: Later, as this requires a lot of PHP, and the only way we can test it is to always upload it to SF.net, and this would require a lot of time (I am planning on doing this though, but later).
Lol. It's just this:

Why do you want to store it? The user is the only one who wants to see it, and it's on his computer, so why store it in a server?
This program needs the path to the picture for two things, I think:
1 - Display the picture in the application
2 - Get the filename and use it in the code

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

cosarara97 wrote:
lkjoel wrote:
cosarara97 wrote: Lol. It's just this:

Why do you want to store it? The user is the only one who wants to see it, and it's on his computer, so why store it in a server?
This program needs the path to the picture for two things, I think:
1 - Display the picture in the application
2 - Get the filename and use it in the code
If that's possible, I'll do it, but I think it's forced to store it in some way... Anyways, we will need PHP to generate the whole mod, so it shouldn't matter at all.

LorenzoVulcan
GitHub: aegroto

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

SelfishCar wrote:If you guys make this happen, there will be so many more mods...
You know, only experienced modders create mods for MT right now (right?)! But if lkjoel creates this program, almost anybody will be able to create a mod!

Thank you.
Creating a recipe and a node it's easier than drink water with LUA (And also in c++).
Developer of the BlockForge 2# Project!
Official thread: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 290#p54290

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Post

lkjoel wrote: If that's possible, I'll do it, but I think it's forced to store it in some way... Anyways, we will need PHP to generate the whole mod, so it shouldn't matter at all.
Why?
Isn't javascript alone enough to put some strings together and give you a Save button?
(Yes, I want to run this outside my apache server =P)
Last edited by cosarara97 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

LorenzoVulcan wrote:
SelfishCar wrote:If you guys make this happen, there will be so many more mods...
You know, only experienced modders create mods for MT right now (right?)! But if lkjoel creates this program, almost anybody will be able to create a mod!

Thank you.
Creating a recipe and a node it's easier than drink water with LUA (And also in c++).
And with this it will be as easy as blinking:D

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Post

LorenzoVulcan wrote:

Thank you.
But this program will do more things, right?

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

cosarara97 wrote:
lkjoel wrote: If that's possible, I'll do it, but I think it's forced to store it in some way... Anyways, we will need PHP to generate the whole mod, so it shouldn't matter at all.
Why?
Isn't javascript alone enough to put some strings together and give you a Save button?
Let me explain: The PHP generator will generate a .zip file containing all of the files needed in the correct places. JavaScript is unable to do that :P. Then, PHP will put the uploaded files into the .zip file.
Also, it will be hosted online at sourceforge.net, so you don't need to host it (unless you want to, of course :) ).

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

cosarara97 wrote:
LorenzoVulcan wrote:

Thank you.
But this program will do more things, right?
Yep! It will let you create tools, mobs (if sapier is ok, we will use the animals mod for this), mesecon circuits etc...

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

I'm planning on letting you store your mod into HTML5's wonderful localStorage, so that if you reload the page, all of your changes will still be there.

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Post

lkjoel wrote:
cosarara97 wrote:
Why?
Let me explain: The PHP generator will generate a .zip file containing all of the files needed in the correct places. JavaScript is unable to do that :P. Then, PHP will put the uploaded files into the .zip file.
Also, it will be hosted online at sourceforge.net, so you don't need to host it (unless you want to, of course :) ).
I want a tar, instead of a zip :D