[Mod] D00Med mobs [dmobs]

wwar
GitHub: wwar-XeStro
In-game: wwar

Re: [Mod] D00Med mobs [dmobs] - dragon healing

by wwar » Post

louisecm wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 02:11
Hello, I am pretty new to Minetest so may be missing something obvious aha, but how do I heal my great dragon? She lost some hp when we ran into a wasp nest. :( (I'm not a purist, I don't mind a 'cheat' way lol.) I tried adapting the code from some of the other dmobs but couldn't quite get it to work.
I've not checked the dragon's code yet, but it works with mobs_redo so you can use the 'follow' option

Example:
follow = {"farming:carrot", "default:apple", "default:dirt"},
-- your mob will follow the player when they hold one of these, the player will be able to feed the mob with them also

> cheat way

you can use the immune_to = {} option
If you add an item and a negative number, it will heal the mob, you won't lose that item also.

Example:
immune_to = {
{"default:sapling", -3},
}, -- it will heal by 3 whenever you hit it with a sapling

The 'follow' option is more suitable in this sitiuation, but since you said cheat way is ok, the 'immune_to' will work :þ

You can find all options in mobs_redo here: https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/mobs_redo/ ... er/api.txt

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

Re: [Mod] D00Med mobs [dmobs]

by ronoaldo » Post

Hi! I am trying to disable nyan cats (they are too much everywhere) but they still spawn after I disable in minetest.conf. Is this a bug? I am using the contentdb version.
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The already spawned nyan cats will still be in the world until they despawn or are killed, but no new nyan's will spawn if they are disabled.

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 05:11
The already spawned nyan cats will still be in the world until they despawn or are killed, but no new nyan's will spawn if they are disabled.
Perfect, thanks!

louisecm
In-game: Lilybelle

Re: [Mod] D00Med mobs [dmobs] - dragon healing

by louisecm » Post

wwar wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:46
louisecm wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 02:11
Hello, I am pretty new to Minetest so may be missing something obvious aha, but how do I heal my great dragon? She lost some hp when we ran into a wasp nest. :( (I'm not a purist, I don't mind a 'cheat' way lol.) I tried adapting the code from some of the other dmobs but couldn't quite get it to work.
I've not checked the dragon's code yet, but it works with mobs_redo so you can use the 'follow' option

Example:
follow = {"farming:carrot", "default:apple", "default:dirt"},
-- your mob will follow the player when they hold one of these, the player will be able to feed the mob with them also

> cheat way

you can use the immune_to = {} option
If you add an item and a negative number, it will heal the mob, you won't lose that item also.

Example:
immune_to = {
{"default:sapling", -3},
}, -- it will heal by 3 whenever you hit it with a sapling

The 'follow' option is more suitable in this sitiuation, but since you said cheat way is ok, the 'immune_to' will work :þ

You can find all options in mobs_redo here: https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/mobs_redo/ ... er/api.txt
Thank you!! I will give these a go.

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

ronoaldo wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 18:57
TenPlus1 wrote:
Perfect, thanks!
Does they survive server restarts? There are several still around in the world. Is there a command I can run to clean them up or we must just go and manually kill them all?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Their is a command but it's slow and removes ALL entities inside a world, or you could enable the mob setting "remove_far_mobs" which despawns any mob outside of the loaded areas (apart from tamed mobs).

Lars
Developer
GitHub: lhofhansl

by Lars » Post

Looks like there's also https://github.com/minetest-mobs-mods/dmobs, which has some commits that are missing from yours, TenPlus1.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Lars - Not all of those commits were needed, although I did add the new panda texture and some nil checks :)

LCDev

by LCDev » Post

Hi TenPlus1

Firstly, I would like to say thanks for all of your time and effort to create and maintain so many wonderful Minetest mods, to make the game more enjoyable for many people! Yours are among my favourite Minetest mods, and usually some of the first that I enable on any server or local game that I create, and also recommend to other people. Especially, but not limited to Ethereal, Farming, Doors, Item Frames and Pedestals, Protector, Real torch, Regrow, and of course Mobs. All of the mobs mods... and on my laptop and my servers, I actually put all of your mobs mods (try saying that 10x fast!) together into a "modpack" directory called mobs_by_tenplus1, which makes it way easier to find all of the mobs mods and to enable specific ones or all at once :) So how do you feel about doing the same officially (combining all of your mobs mods into a "mobpack" ;-) ?).

Now the actual reason for my post:

A few days ago, I played with a friend on a server that I created on my ARM64 Ubuntu VPS on Oracle Cloud.

Then after everybody left the server (including me), I noticed in the server console messages, that the dmobs (at that time, in particular the dragons) were still quite active and "punching" other mobs (e.g. waterdragon and tree monster), tree monsters attacking cows,...
Could you perhaps add some code to let the mobs become inactive when no players are in the server? It just seems like a waste of (server) power/electricity, to have what is supposed to be an *idle* server (and using very little power), having to keep mobs interacting with each other... (perhaps it might make sense if the server had artificial intelligence and could actually "enjoy" watching them fighting each other LOL). To me it just seems pointless and wasteful, and probably easily avoidable with a few lines of code.

Also, could you please tell me how to mount dragons to ride them?
I tried (in creative mode) to mount dragons after spawning them from "Tamed ... dragon" eggs, but nothing (right click, sneak click, etc.) got my character to mount the dragons.

Edit: screenshots of the console message:
Spoiler
Minetest server console - dragon attacking waterdragon while NO players on server 2022-09-01_174701.jpg
Minetest server console - dragon attacking waterdragon while NO players on server 2022-09-01_174701.jpg (217.4 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
Mt tree monster attacking cow 2022-09-01_174522.jpg
Mt tree monster attacking cow 2022-09-01_174522.jpg (190.69 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
mobs fighting each other 2022-09-01_173908.jpg
mobs fighting each other 2022-09-01_173908.jpg (249.23 KiB) Viewed 2393 times

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@LCDev - Sadly this is an engine thing itself and nod a mod thing, you would need to change the 'debug_log_level' in settings to 'error' or 'warning' so that the actions won't flood the logs.

You can mount mobs by right-clicking with a saddle item :) Many thanks for the kind words :P

Nordal
GitHub: Nordall

by Nordal » Post

@tenplus1, farming, mobs-animal, mobs_horses and the dragons of dmobs I like most of all mobs. They are the basis mobs of a game to me, honestly. I had to say this one time. :)

You perfected handling of horses, feed-taming, attaching, handling the saddle and that the horse stands still if you leave the saddle on, following...

My question is, if you could make the same handling possible for tamed dragons. That would be wonderful. By now it's possible to fly, but feeding would be an important feature (group meat_raw for example, and something special, maybe mint for good smellling, or vanilla...), making tamed dragons catchable with a lasso and let them stand still.
CFS - still widely unknown

LCDev

by LCDev » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 16:59
@LCDev - Sadly this is an engine thing itself and nod a mod thing, you would need to change the 'debug_log_level' in settings to 'error' or 'warning' so that the actions won't flood the logs.

You can mount mobs by right-clicking with a saddle item :) Many thanks for the kind words :P
@TenPlus1 Thanks for your reply and for explaining about the engine and logs. I understand that now, but still, would it not be possible to add code in the mobs mod to periodically check whether any players are still connected to the server, and if none are connected, for all mobs to become inactive?

Regarding the post by Nordal: I agree about adding a dragon feeding requirement, and that it would be great if there is a way to get dragons to be more "passive" for easier interaction with them (e.g. to "saddle" and mount them and maybe some additional "play" or "grooming" mechanic)... how about some device to "call" them? Some sort of magic crystal / telepathy ability, or perhaps just something as simple as a dragon whistle?

I also had another idea: How about creating (with help from contributors) and adding new mobs based on the "Attack on Titan" anime/manga series? I think that would be very cool... see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Titan and https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/A ... Titan_Wiki if you are not familiar with it.

Lastly (and sorry for being a little bit lazy in not finding and posting this on the regular mobs redo forum page!): How about adding kangaroo mobs in the "regular" mobs mod?

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

interesting idea.. XD but currently new ideas comes into a less "cubic" models.. i guess minetest is now far rom the original way play
LCDev wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 04:59
I also had another idea: How about creating (with help from contributors) and adding new mobs based on the "Attack on Titan" anime/manga series? I think that would be very cool... see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Titan and https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/A ... Titan_Wiki if you are not familiar with it.

Lastly (and sorry for being a little bit lazy in not finding and posting this on the regular mobs redo forum page!): How about adding kangaroo mobs in the "regular" mobs mod?

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
hi Tenplus1 i post here cos its only a question.. you added this commit https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/dmobs/comm ... 6c98a8f0cf and noted self.rb_count but i do not find any refernce in the mobs api or object player api so .. my question:

this change is compatible with 4.0 api, or 5.2 engine api?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@mcaygerhard - Those are just simple counters, no need for references, the first limits the amount of particles the nyan cat produces, the next a 5 second timer before checking time of day for owl.

TenPlus1

Link

by TenPlus1 » Post

The latest DMobs can be found here: https://content.minetest.net/packages/TenPlus1/dmobs/