The Pilbara. Hot and arid. The rocky, gravel surface gets the red colour from hematite in the ground. You won't find much here save for a few Desert Oak trees and iron-ore when you dig.
Download (rename to "australia")
Code on Github
Depends: default, bucket, stairs and minetest 0.4.13-dev with Valleys mapgen.
- Added new corals and sea grass.
- Replaced coral sand with coral stone.
- Added sunken woodships and submarines with variable "loot".
- Fixed an issue with the rainforest tree schematic causing Minetest 0.4.14 to crash on startup.
- Changed ore distribution to use minetest.register_ore function.
- Added uranium in two biomes if technic_worldgen mod is enabled.
- Added 4 new corals to the Great Barrier Reef biome.
- Added Brown and Giant Kelp to some ocean biomes.
- Changed muddy river water opacity. It's now much harder to see underwater in these rivers.
- Removed necessity to use voxel manipulator, voxel.lua file.
- Fixed noairblocks.
- Fixed a naming issue with some fern textures, credit: Napiophelios.
- Added ferns.
- Fixed muddy water bucket.
- 24 biomes.
- 6 new stone nodes, 4 non-stone nodes.
- Muddy river water.
- 48 trees.
- 10 plants.
- 4 corals.
The Australia mod has been designed specifically for the Valleys mapgen, currently in Minetest 0.4.14.
It will work with mapgens v5, v7, flat and fractal, but it won't be as visually appealing.
The rivers and temperature/humidity of the Valleys mapgen play a vital role in getting the feel of the Australia mod just right.
You can enable/disable biomes by opening the *init.lua* file and changing each biome setting to `1` for enabled or `0` for disabled.
This will also disable plants, trees and more that are unique to that biome.
All biomes are enabled by default. Currently, disabling the *Underground* biome will have no effect.
- Redo some tree textures, especially wood. Some of them are great, some are awful.
- Opals in Central Australia biome.
- Work out way to place some tree and plants along rivers.
- Salt lakes in Central Australia biome.
- Adjust tree and plant distribution.
- Adjust tree size and leaf functions.
- Add some rocky beaches.
- Add some river/lake plants, especially to Arnhem land biome.
- Add terra rossa soil and grape vines in the Flinders-Lofty biome. Red/white wine.
- Add more logs.
- Add moss on trees.
- Palm trees in FNQ and Arnhem land beaches.
- Add support for survival mod/game.
- Add support for a mobs mod - Great White Shark, Tiger Shark, Saltwater Crocodile, Brown Snake, Tiger Snake, Emu, Kangaroo.
Feel free to propose improvements or submit pull requests. Contributors welcomes.