[Mod] Technic Tweak collection [tech_tweak]

mtango688

[Mod] Technic Tweak collection [tech_tweak]

by mtango688 » Post

This is a collection of stuff I've been playing around with to make Technic a bit more well-muscled (so to speak). It's all seriously OP (especially the arcane quarry) so I would strongly recommend sticking with singleplayer for this.

This is a lot to take in I know, but I'll work on proper documentation at some point...

Items:

Steel picks. Carbon steel flies through everything at whiplash-inducing speed, but stainless has better durability.

Super Glow Light for when you want serious lighting.

Stone ladders. Seems fairly obvious (and probably conflicts with Ethereal, sorry).

Silver coils and various crafting recipes for making stuff out of them (like transformers and motors).

Advanced Furnace: This straps together two MV grinders and MV furnaces with an autocrafter and gives you a fully automated ore-doubling-smelting solution. Just shift-click your ores into it and wait.

Centrifuge Array: A system for cascading uranium that doesn't put huge amounts of load on your server.

MV and HV Geothermal Arrays: Special generators that provide serious power from your usual water-machine-lava setup.

Advanced Supply Converter: For when you want 45K from 50K rather than having to cable up five supply converters for just 9K from 10K.

Arcane Quarry: For when you want to start seriously digging. Removes a 100^3 block cube from the world (for the low low price of 90K EU/s).

This is a WIP. There's bound to be bugs all over the place, especially since I just lump everything together in one file.
Attachments
tech_tweak.zip
(22.3 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Mod] Technic Tweak collection [tech_tweak]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

just wow.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

+ I always wanted a light source which uses technic power
+ the picks are good
- the stone ladder is not technical and unrealistic
- the geothermal generators are to over powered (they need no fuel)
-- the other machines are not needed, it makes much more fun to build huge complex things with help of other mods, too, like pipeworks than only one block
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

DoyleChris
In-game: DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

Couldnt get quarry machine to work, always says disabled.

mtango688

by mtango688 » Post

I've been thinking for some time that geothermals in general are OP, but mainly because they don't consume their fuel (the way nuclear reactors do, for example). It would be nice to have to resupply those, at some point. Stone ladders are more realistic than quarries or mining lasers, but I don't care too much about realism. If I did, I'd be working on something more like TFC.

As fun as it is to make a huge cascade out of Technic/Pipeworks, I found it to be more tedious and computationally expensive than was worthwhile. Really... If I wanted to spend five hours on a project, I expect it to be a bit more impressive than just that. The Centrifuge Array makes sense from that point of view, and I wouldn't deprive it to anyone wanting depleted uranium (I can't imagine why you'd be insane enough to want enriched uranium).

The picks are good? Hmm... I'm still on the fence about them, myself. The timings seem about right, but I'm not sure about the durabilities just yet.

The Arcane Quarry will always say disabled unless you can give it the juice it needs (90K EU/s). Unless you have that available, don't bother. And unless you have a variety of gold chests and/or caches nearby you won't be able to handle the amount of material it gives you.

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Tempting.... very tempting. But my favorite part about Technic is that it rewards good engineering. It's that feeling of accomplishment in seeing your contraption work.

But, for those of us who arent engineers, this is a nice alternative if your main goal lies elsewhere.

Powerful Lights are in short supply, those are definitely welcome.

As for uranium, depleted uranium is extremely good for making, of all things, radiation-proof walls. It is mildly radioactive itself, but it is most effective at blocking high concentrations of radiation. One layer of just about anything will stop the small amounts of radiation from the uranium.

For geothermal, perhaps you should have to supply it with coolant of some sort?

mtango688

by mtango688 » Post

There already is a coolant. It's water, and water is basically infinite.

I would definitely look at making you supply more lava. I'm thinking that the "proper" way to handle it would be 67.5s of power for one bucket of lava (giving you 9 minutes per lava can). That's sufficiently powerful enough to motivate the player into using pipes or a tesseract (or whatever I can come up with to supply the lava).

Considering you can already power 60 geothermals with one source block of lava within a single mapblock, I think that's pretty generous.

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

mtango688 wrote:There already is a coolant. It's water, and water is basically infinite.

That's what I meant: perhaps the water should not be so infinite. Either lava or water could be turned into the limiting factor. Perhaps the water needs replaced after it gets boiled off by the lava.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

mtango688 wrote: As fun as it is to make a huge cascade out of Technic/Pipeworks, I found it to be more tedious and computationally expensive than was worthwhile.
That's a basic conflict with technic, yes. On one hand, it's fun and challenging to build a technic/pipeworks chain. But once it's been built, it will continue to work as long as a player is next to it. Thus, people tend to place their creations as close to spawn as possible so that they get free runtime when they're not there (else the output wouldn't be worth the effort). And then server and client have to sort it out. Lag is ensured. Rnd's basic_machines try to circumvent that, but they're visually less impressive and not at all intuitive to the visitor (no real way to see on which nodes which mover operates).
mtango688 wrote: Advanced Furnace: This straps together two MV grinders and MV furnaces with an autocrafter and gives you a fully automated ore-doubling-smelting solution. Just shift-click your ores into it and wait.
Very useful machine. I'm thining about writing a mod that would allow to combine furnaces, autocrafters and some of technic's machines into one node. Havn't got the time yet. And it might not be as intresting to players as real arrays of machines. But at least it would allow easier production for those who've progressed enough without causing so many costly moving around of items.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Lejo
GitHub: Lejo1
In-game: Lejo

by Lejo » Post

Very nice Mod I use it on my server Energy Power.

Lejo
GitHub: Lejo1
In-game: Lejo

by Lejo » Post

If the mv furnace is full and the machine take a new item in it if there aren't enough place the mod crashed with the mv centrifuge it's the same.
The machine have to stop if she is full.
Please fix the error!!!!!!!!
Your mod is the best :)

PS:
I only test in Ubuntu

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

suggestion: advanced control logic unit, which pumps faster
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

MrUnderhill89
GitHub: mrunderhill89

by MrUnderhill89 » Post

mtango688 wrote:I've been thinking for some time that geothermals in general are OP, but mainly because they don't consume their fuel (the way nuclear reactors do, for example). It would be nice to have to resupply those, at some point.
Doesn't that apply to all the renewables, though? I think the problem is more that the fuel-burning generators are underpowered. The trade-off with renewables should be that you need more space, time, and up-front construction costs to get the same power that a couple of burners could give you right away. But right now one burner can't even power an LV furnace by itself, so setting up a storage system or a renewable alternative becomes a necessity instead of an option.

lua86

by lua86 » Post

No repo for this? Just a zip?

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Some mods are just zips.
What is SCP-055?

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

Fuel generators are renewable too (at least with pipeworks), it just takes more effort automating a fuel farm. I agree though that fuel-consuming generators should reward the player for either having to gather the fuel or for the logistics of automation. I don't think the nuclear generator is really that underpowered though, since the reactor housing uses lead now instead of stainless steel. Getting a centrifuge array set up and acquiring the power to run it is fairly grindy though. The limiting factor is probably how quickly you can acquire uranium, because mining uranium can't be fully automated.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

TenPlus2

by TenPlus2 » Post

This looks awesome, I might have to give this a whirl and fix those alleged bugs.