davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

Re: [mod]ranged weapons[2018.08.22] [0.3] [rangedweapons]

by davidthecreator » Post

casp3r wrote:
davidthecreator wrote:
casp3r wrote:just the best weapon mod

shot the player and mobs (redo or c.m.e ) (love that), and explosive destroying map , sounds amazing, new texture just incredible,
(but black plastic sheet recipe was better with "plastic sheet"(technic) and not "tree" ?)
really good work i adopt it
but conflict with "explosives" mod : viewtopic.php?t=14720

can you fix it please i really want have the two mod together i don't know how to do that
(or better integred it pleeeeeaaaase)

and it was just perfect :)
I Will keep the plastic sheet recipe the same, as I don't want the mod to depend on techinc, just so players could craft a material for making guns...

And in what way exactly does this mod conflict with "explosives" mod?

I checked the mod out along with rangedweapons, and they both seemed to work just fine...
when i start with ranged weapon + explosives activated
i have this :
2018-08-29 23:48:02: ACTION[Main]: MOD: Explosives loading...
2018-08-29 23:48:02: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from D:\minetest-0.4.16\bin\..\mods\explosives\init.lua:
2018-08-29 23:48:02: ERROR[Main]: D:\minetest-0.4.16\bin\..\mods\explosives\init.lua:12: attempt to index global 'explosives' (a boolean value)
2018-08-29 23:48:02: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-08-29 23:48:02: ERROR[Main]: D:\minetest-0.4.16\bin\..\mods\explosives\init.lua:12: in main chunk
2018-08-29 23:48:02: ERROR[Main]: Voir debug.txt pour plus d'informations.
and if i disable explosives all work fine
Tryed using minetest 0.4.17 ?

casp3r

by casp3r » Post

ok that's work thanks (really basic solution are the best sometime) so go to 0.4.17.1 XD

Isja Krass
In-game: init.lua

by Isja Krass » Post

is one of the best weapons mods I have seen in this forum.

Minetest4Life

by Minetest4Life » Post

This mod is awesome. I don't believe I experienced any real issues with it, and I've been using it as a standard in any of my worlds going forward. Very nice! You can kill mobs with the guns, and nothing beats crafting your own bullets and from resources in the ground.

I did notice that I cannot kill mobs sometimes while I'll I'm moving, so I have to stop and stand still in order for the shots to hurt them. Not sure if this can be fixed, but it's only a minor issue.

Edgy1
GitHub: JamesTobin
In-game: Trump

by Edgy1 » Post

I have problems with the mod. I have tested on 0.4.16 and 0.4.17.1. In both releases, shooting a player on the head does not kill them, but shooting them in the feet OR shooting the block below them kills them. This has even been tested with no other mods installed.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

That sounds like a Minetest issue I've heard about, where the player's nodebox is shifted down by 1 node.
What is SCP-055?

Edgy1
GitHub: JamesTobin
In-game: Trump

by Edgy1 » Post

That started in 0.4.17 and I think it was fixed. This problem occurred in 0.4.16 as well, I tried downgrading my server.

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

Hm, idea: maybe add an ignores protection flag to the api, so faction server owners can make weapons that can damage stuff in claims (like a mortar "gun")

ratmix
In-game: ratmix

by ratmix » Post

Hi davidthecreator. Thank you for the hard work that went into this fantastic mod! I will be using on my server soon once a major variation to Ruben Wardy's CTF game mode is complete.

I have a suggestion to enhance this mod. Currently your bullets are essentially spawned entities with no owner. By assigning an owner to the bullet, you can give kill credit to the owner. I modified your code to achieve this goal. This allows a kill to be credited to the shooter for kill messages and player stats. I have not yet found a way to do this with blast weapons, because TNT is a bit more complicated. This has only been tested on the Desert Eagle, but it should work for most guns in your mod.

Here is what I changed in deagle.lua:

Just below local obj = minetest.add_entity(pos, "rangedweapons:deagleshot"), I added...

Code: Select all

local entity = obj:get_luaentity()
entity.owner = user:get_player_name()
I also needed to add these lined within the on_step call in deagle.lua after if self.timer > 0.065 then...

if not self.owner then return end
local shooter = self.owner
local owner = minetest.get_player_by_name(shooter)
And then finally, each instance of obj:punch(self.object, 1.0, {... was changed to obj:punch(owner, 1.0,{...

These changes will make this mod compatible with Ruben's game mode and several other kill message mods, as well as make is possible to avoid team killing in team based game modes.

Also, I have tested Ranged Weapons with minetest 5.0.0-dev and have not come across any issue apart from the previous mentioned inability to shoot a player above the waist.
King of the Hill :: Modern Warfare Server RATMIX.COM:30000 | King of the Hill Community Site

Honeypot
In-game: Crackpot

by Honeypot » Post

Excellent mod!!

Lars
Developer
GitHub: lhofhansl

by Lars » Post

Some recent comments are gone due to the outage.

As promised here's a functionally identical version of the mod, but with uses of tight loops to checks for right mouse button clicks replaced by on_secondary_use. This should be lighter on servers with many users.

The left mouse button checks (for repeating weapons) are unchanged. This can also be improved.
Perhaps by having one global step call back and allow to be called by that for each weapon.

You can unzip the file a have a look. If you want to compare the two trees side by side on Linux you can do so with diff -Naur old_directory new_directory
Attachments
updated_ranged_weapons.zip
(777.73 KiB) Downloaded 952 times

Lars
Developer

by Lars » Post

Is this still being maintained?

I offer to host this this on github if that's OK with everybody.

davidthecreator

Lars wrote:Is this still being maintained?

I offer to host this this on github if that's OK with everybody.
Idk... Might update it eventually...
Somewhen this year maybe even?...
Just wait... I guess...

rheo
GitHub: fluxionary
IRC: flux fluxflux
In-game: flux rheo

by rheo » Post

This mod seems fatally flawed right now. I shot a gun at an unknown node, and it crashed the server. Now the server crashes immediately if that area is loaded. Some errors:
2020-04-26 02:41:43: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'rangedweapons' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...../worlds/tmp_test/worldmods/rangedweapons/shurikens.lua:730: attempt to index a nil value
2020-04-26 02:41:43: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-04-26 02:41:43: ERROR[Main]: ...../worlds/tmp_test/worldmods/rangedweapons/shurikens.lua:730: in function 'func'

2020-04-26 02:45:54: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'rangedweapons' in callback luaentity_Step(): .../bin/../worlds/tmp_test/worldmods/rangedweapons/ak47.lua:153: attempt to index a nil value
2020-04-26 02:45:54: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-04-26 02:45:54: ERROR[Main]: .../bin/../worlds/tmp_test/worldmods/rangedweapons/ak47.lua:153: in function 'func'

2020-04-26 02:50:25: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'rangedweapons' in callback luaentity_Step(): .../bin/../worlds/tmp_test/worldmods/rangedweapons/init.lua:113: attempt to index a nil value
2020-04-26 02:50:25: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-04-26 02:50:25: ERROR[Main]: .../bin/../worlds/tmp_test/worldmods/rangedweapons/init.lua:113: in function 'func'

Lars
Developer

by Lars » Post

Yep. Looks like this no longer maintained.
The version I attached above still works fine in Minetest 5.3.

Noodlemire
GitHub: Noodlemire
In-game: Noodlemire

by Noodlemire » Post

casp3r wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 21:53
if i have understood something, the probleme is in line 12:
"explosives.i18n = intllib.Getter()"
hummm.....ok what i'm supose to do with that shit ..... XD
You're overthinking the problem. It's no issue with the explosives mod, it's an issue with the rangedweapons mod. Looks in rangedweapons' settings.lua:

-- change "true" to "false" in order to disable a feature, or 
-- "false" to "true" to enable it

explosives = true
javelins = true
shurikens = true
handguns = true
shotguns = true
rifles = true
magnums_and_revolvers = true
machine_pistols = true
sub_machineguns = true
assault_rifles = true
power_weapons = true
glass_breaking = true
door_breaking = true
heavy_machineguns = true
minigun_aswell = true
It sets all of these global variables to true. That's awful practice. Every single one of these settings has a chance to break any mod that happens to have the same name by replacing their global table with a boolean, depending on mod load order. And as it so happens, explosives just happens to be at the top of the list. The proper fix is to replace all of these settings with minetest.settings implementations, especially so that it's possible to automatically update the mod without reverting every single setting.

davidthecreator

Lars wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 21:07
Yep. Looks like this no longer maintained.
The version I attached above still works fine in Minetest 5.3.
I'm just too busy with other stuff to finish the update yet.

But I will eventually.

IFRFSX
GitHub: IceCatX
In-game: IFRFSX

by IFRFSX » Post

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'rangedweapons' in callback luaentity_Step(): .../Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/rangedweapons/awp.lua:193: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
.../Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/rangedweapons/awp.lua:193: in function <.../Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/rangedweapons/awp.lua:127>

seller
In-game: seller bombingspree lockerhead5000 blob5000 thediamondfighter

by seller » Post

I got this error:

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'rangedweapons' in callback node_on_timer(): /home/*********/.minetest/mods/rangedweapons/explosives.lua:0: stack overflow
stack traceback:
	/home/*********/.minetest/mods/rangedweapons/explosives.lua: in function 'on_blast'
	/home/*********/.minetest/mods/tnt_revamped/init.lua:372: in function 'tnt_explode'
	/home/*********/.minetest/mods/tnt_revamped/init.lua:410: in function 'boom'
	/home/*********/.minetest/mods/rangedweapons/explosives.lua:197: in function 'on_blast'
	/home/*********/.minetest/mods/tnt_revamped/init.lua:372: in function 'tnt_explode'
	/home/*********/.minetest/mods/rangedweapons/explosives.lua:197: in function 'on_blast'
	/home/*********/.minetest/mods/rangedweapons/explosives.lua:194: in function </home/*********/.minetest/mods/rangedweapons/explosives.lua:193>
mod list: rangedweapons
tnt_revamped It hapened a little bit after I shot a barrel with an AWP but in a dedicated creative server it hapened when somebody did so with a diferent gun
this is the map I crashed:

seller
In-game: seller bombingspree lockerhead5000 blob5000 thediamondfighter

by seller » Post

I'm sorry but the file wouldn't upload.I found out how to use invisible ink for the minetest forums if you can find this then, good eye

davidthecreator

Re: [mod]ranged weapons[2021.03.05] [0.4] [rangedweapons]

v0.4 update

*now the mod requires MT 5.3.0 v or greater
*the projectiles now use new MT colission detection system, which allows for better projectile velocity, with less colission problems
*guns now have clip sizes and require reloading (click RMB to reload)
*added new guns and ammo
*some guns might now be able to use several types of ammo (guns will be loaded with suitable ammo, that you have closest to your 1st inventory slot. Different types of ammo have different stats that are added up with your gun's stats and in the future, might have some other and more special properties)
*sniper rifles can now zoom in (hold Z)
*damage dealt by your projectiles now counts as damage dealt by you
*rockets/grenade bullets now deal more damage on direct hit
*players can now be headshotted
*added blood particles and block hit particles
*projectiles that hit nodes with "level" group of 2 or more (such as obsidian and some mineral blocks) will ricoshet
*using a ranged weapon has a chance to increase your efficiency with that type of weapons and your efficiencly will degrade over time.
*guns can now ignite TNT and make falling nodes fall on hit
*reduced the amount of entities and globalsteps that this mod uses to function
*javelins now lose durability when thrown, instead of having a chance to instantly break
*added anti-gun block, that prevents players from using guns in 10 node radius around the anti-gun block
*added forcegun, that puches enemies or yourself away, instead of causing direct damage (use it for rocket jumping or to kill your enemies by fall damage)
*guns now have durability
*rebalanced damage of ranged weapons
*reduced stack sizes of ammunition
*change some crafting recipes
*now power particle generator stores power particles in it's meta instead of just spawning them as items on top and you can harvest those power particles from the generator, by punching it.
*Shooting unknown nodes / using explosives mod shouldn't cause crashes anymore

pevernow
GitHub: pevernow
IRC: pevernow
In-game: pevernow

by pevernow » Post

I suggest you add multilingual translation support, so that those users who are not good at English can use it more easily.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Could you update your ContentDB page? https://content.minetest.net/packages/d ... edweapons/
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

thunderdog1138
GitHub: thunderdog1138
In-game: thunderdog

by thunderdog1138 » Post

The update just made this great mod even better! Thanks!
Check out my Star Wars subgame.

davidthecreator

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 18:09
Could you update your ContentDB page? https://content.minetest.net/packages/d ... edweapons/
Done.