[Mod] Carpets [carpets]

bell07
GitHub: bell07

[Mod] Carpets [carpets]

by bell07 » Post

This mod adds 15 wool carpets and an simple API to add further carpets.

License: LGPL-2.1+.
Dependency: wool (optional, but without the API only is loaded)
Download and Sources: https://github.com/minetest-mods/carpets

The mod is based on Rui's carpet_api was enhanced by me and now back to the basics.
Spoiler
INFO: 18.01.2018: The described functionality to generate carpets is moved to the customnode mod. This mod contains the API only with some wool carpets for now.
If you need more carpets, use customnode or write own small mod that registers additional carpets.

My version reads the own depends.txt and create carpets for all compatible nodes of them. No hardcoded carpets, generic generation only. Some mods preferred by me are set currently as optional in this file so I get 3 pages of usable carpets in unified_inventory. If you need more carpets, just add other mods to the depends.txt to get new carpets based on nodes of them. If you don't wont some carpets just remove the template mod from depends.txt.
there are 3 parameters in settings.txt:
NoFlyCarpet: was implemented in carpet_api, I don't know what it does. Default: true
FallingCarpet: was implemented in carpet_api, I don't know what it does. Default: false
WoolFeeling: if disabled the carpet inherit some attributes from original node. (as it was implemented in carpet_api). If enabled the carpet inherit allways the attributes from wool:white so that the carpet feels like wool. Currently the wool sound is silence so the default value for this setting is false

To avoid overlapps to other mods in generic approach of this mod the craft for the carpets are:

Code: Select all

output = name.." 32",
		recipe = {{"group:wool", "group:wool", "group:wool"},
			       {"group:wool", recipe, "group:wool"}}
Dependencies:wool, Mods with nodes you like to see as carpet
Source / Download: https://github.com/minetest-mods/carpets
License: The carpet_api is LGPL-2.1, To appreciate the initial developer my mod is LGPL-2.1 too
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (184.96 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
screenshot_20161104_171259.png
screenshot_20161104_171259.png (301.13 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
screenshot_20160904_172858.png
screenshot_20160904_172858.png (812.88 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
Last edited by bell07 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 22:35, edited 2 times in total.

bell07

Re: [Mod] Carpets bell's version [carpets]

by bell07 » Post

I found a critical bug in the mod and fixed them. The bug overrides the group parameters "leafdecay" and "falling_node". If anyone uses this mod please update to the latest version.

By the way, does anyone use this mod? I am surprised no one did found and reported the bug before me

Samthecool5098
In-game: Samthecool5098

DanTDM's Lab

by Samthecool5098 » Post

is this compatable with the DanTDM'S Lab Map ??

Samthecool5098
In-game: Samthecool5098

by Samthecool5098 » Post

bell07 wrote:I found a critical bug in the mod and fixed them. The bug overrides the group parameters "leafdecay" and "falling_node". If anyone uses this mod please update to the latest version.

By the way, does anyone use this mod? I am surprised no one did found and reported the bug before me
I guess i am a Bug finder [Because i always crash the game twice before playing]

bell07

by bell07 » Post

INFO: 18.01.2018: The described functionality to generate carpets is moved to the customnode mod. This mod contains the API only with some wool carpets for now.
If you need more carpets, use customnode or write own small mod that registers additional carpets.

bell07

Re: [Mod] Carpets [carpets]

by bell07 » Post

This mod is in minetest-mods now: https://github.com/minetest-mods/carpets
The mod is back to the basics: Small API and 15 wool carpets only.
If anyone like to get more carpets, just create a small mod that creates more carpets using carpets.register()
For more complex and huge generic way, look to my customnode mod I moved the functionality.