[mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

User avatar
Phoenixflo44
Member
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 15:01
In-game: EvilPhoenix
Location: Behind my PC, in Germany

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

You've written the city vehicles are also there but there are no
+ Spoiler

User avatar
D00Med
Member
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
GitHub: D00Med
Location: Australia...somewhere

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by D00Med » Post

There should be some; the cars, the firetruck, the ambulance etc.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

User avatar
krokoschlange
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 08:33
GitHub: krokoschlange
In-game: krokoschlange
Location: get_author_pos() ~= get_viewer_pos()

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by krokoschlange » Post

I noticed two bugs in multiplayer:
If two people are driving in two different cars and one of them isn't pressing W, then his and the other one's vehicle's timer variable are getting reset which means that the other one can't accelerate.

Also, if you are connected to a server as a client you can't drive small curves.
This effect does not appear in singleplayer or if you host a server via the gui and you are the host (still happens to clients then)

User avatar
D00Med
Member
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
GitHub: D00Med
Location: Australia...somewhere

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by D00Med » Post

Ok, thankyou for pointing this out.
I'm still trying to rewrite this thing, it's quite tricky.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

User avatar
Andrey01
Member
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 15:18
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01
Location: Russia, Moscow

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by Andrey01 » Post

DOOMed, are you preparing new update with that you promised me before?

User avatar
D00Med
Member
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
GitHub: D00Med
Location: Australia...somewhere

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by D00Med » Post

Yes I am, I'm sorry I'm taking such a long time. I have been chipping away at that list of vehicles.
Unfortunately it's becoming more and more important that I fix the messy api.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

PbbP
New member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 09:53
In-game: PbbP

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by PbbP » Post

Hello D00Med,
I have a few questions about dmobs api.lua? I try to modify the api.lua that the Dragon Rider is displayed smaller. I have in the function object_attach ...
player: set_properties ({visual_size = {x = .5, y = .5}})
changed but the rider is 1.5 nodes above the dragon. I have tried
player: set_attach (entity.object, "", attach_at, {x = 0, y = -1.5, z = 2})
but without effect. How can I adjust the height of the rider over the Dragon?
Many Thanks

User avatar
D00Med
Member
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
GitHub: D00Med
Location: Australia...somewhere

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by D00Med » Post

Did you try using a table for "attach_at" to modify the player's position?
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

PbbP
New member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 09:53
In-game: PbbP

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by PbbP » Post

Thanks, now I changed piloting.lua form
object_attach(self, clicker, {x=0, y=12, z=4}, {x=0, y=0, z=4}) to
object_attach(self, clicker, {x=0, y=8, z=4}, {x=0, y=0, z=4})
and it works fine.

In api.lua don't forget change player size after detach in

function object_detach(entity, player, offset)...
player:set_properties({visual_size = {x=1, y=1}})

User avatar
AccidentallyRhine
Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 05:43

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

I wonder if it might be a good idea to separate the vehicles into sub-mods since there are some vehicles server owners may want to exclude. I know I can just go and comment out the register entities but this mod continues to grow.

User avatar
D00Med
Member
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
GitHub: D00Med
Location: Australia...somewhere

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by D00Med » Post

I wonder if it might be a good idea to separate the vehicles into sub-mods since there are some vehicles server owners may want to exclude. I know I can just go and comment out the register entities but this mod continues to grow.
I hate it when mods that should be one are separated, so I probably won't do that.
However I will make it easier to remove certain parts when I next update.
Last edited by D00Med on Tue Dec 19, 2017 05:20, edited 1 time in total.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

User avatar
Phoenixflo44
Member
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 15:01
In-game: EvilPhoenix
Location: Behind my PC, in Germany

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

D00Med wrote:Image

This mod adds some very fast vehicles, with an api for adding more. Instead of using the keyboard to turn, the vehicles are controlled using the mouse. There are cars, planes, a boat, a tank, a firetruck, and a gun turret.
The cars can increase their speed for a bit if the sneak button is held(nitro), and the tank, jet and gun turret will fire their weapons when sneak is pressed. Also the ute's can carry passengers, and the fewawi (deliberate misspelling) turns on it's lights when right-clicked whilst sneaking, and the fire truck will fire water when sneak is pressed. There are also a few nodes for decoration, and a missile launcher.

There is also a parachute and wings, but these don't work very well at the moment.

Todo:
>Hovercraft and more boats
>wings
>Submarine
>Truck/Lorry
>Bus
>Passengers in all cars
>Add the old driving function to replace the simple driving
>Spaceships
>Police siren
>Mining/digging capability for vehicles
>Camaro
>Those tiberium things xD
>Better jump
>split the mod into a modpack
>Possibly redo the api so that velocity and acceleration are only applied on one line (idk how to word this, no seperate set_velocity/acceleration for each event).


If anyone has any requests or models they'd like to see in the mod, it would be greatly appreciated
I'm kinda busy lately, got enough on my plate for now.

Image

Screenshot:
+ Spoiler
Crafting:
+ Spoiler


Updates:
+ Spoiler
License(code): LGPL 2.1+
License(textures and models): CC BY-SA 3.0 UNPORTED

depends:
default, tnt, stairs?, intilib?

download: https://github.com/D00Med/vehicles/archive/master.zip
Github: https://github.com/D00Med/vehicles

screenshot:
Image
You wrote it trucks, buses...
But I only see the old vehicles.
+ Spoiler

User avatar
Andrey01
Member
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 15:18
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01
Location: Russia, Moscow

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by Andrey01 » Post

Phoenixflo44 wrote:
D00Med wrote:Image

This mod adds some very fast vehicles, with an api for adding more. Instead of using the keyboard to turn, the vehicles are controlled using the mouse. There are cars, planes, a boat, a tank, a firetruck, and a gun turret.
The cars can increase their speed for a bit if the sneak button is held(nitro), and the tank, jet and gun turret will fire their weapons when sneak is pressed. Also the ute's can carry passengers, and the fewawi (deliberate misspelling) turns on it's lights when right-clicked whilst sneaking, and the fire truck will fire water when sneak is pressed. There are also a few nodes for decoration, and a missile launcher.

There is also a parachute and wings, but these don't work very well at the moment.

Todo:
>Hovercraft and more boats
>wings
>Submarine
>Truck/Lorry
>Bus
>Passengers in all cars
>Add the old driving function to replace the simple driving
>Spaceships
>Police siren
>Mining/digging capability for vehicles
>Camaro
>Those tiberium things xD
>Better jump
>split the mod into a modpack
>Possibly redo the api so that velocity and acceleration are only applied on one line (idk how to word this, no seperate set_velocity/acceleration for each event).


If anyone has any requests or models they'd like to see in the mod, it would be greatly appreciated
I'm kinda busy lately, got enough on my plate for now.

Image

Screenshot:
+ Spoiler
Crafting:
+ Spoiler


Updates:
+ Spoiler
License(code): LGPL 2.1+
License(textures and models): CC BY-SA 3.0 UNPORTED

depends:
default, tnt, stairs?, intilib?

download: https://github.com/D00Med/vehicles/archive/master.zip
Github: https://github.com/D00Med/vehicles

screenshot:
Image
You wrote it trucks, buses...
But I only see the old vehicles.
"Todo" list means what the mod`s author has planned for the future. Not what adds the mod currently.

User avatar
Phoenixflo44
Member
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 15:01
In-game: EvilPhoenix
Location: Behind my PC, in Germany

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
Phoenixflo44 wrote:
D00Med wrote:Image

This mod adds some very fast vehicles, with an api for adding more. Instead of using the keyboard to turn, the vehicles are controlled using the mouse. There are cars, planes, a boat, a tank, a firetruck, and a gun turret.
The cars can increase their speed for a bit if the sneak button is held(nitro), and the tank, jet and gun turret will fire their weapons when sneak is pressed. Also the ute's can carry passengers, and the fewawi (deliberate misspelling) turns on it's lights when right-clicked whilst sneaking, and the fire truck will fire water when sneak is pressed. There are also a few nodes for decoration, and a missile launcher.

There is also a parachute and wings, but these don't work very well at the moment.

Todo:
>Hovercraft and more boats
>wings
>Submarine
>Truck/Lorry
>Bus
>Passengers in all cars
>Add the old driving function to replace the simple driving
>Spaceships
>Police siren
>Mining/digging capability for vehicles
>Camaro
>Those tiberium things xD
>Better jump
>split the mod into a modpack
>Possibly redo the api so that velocity and acceleration are only applied on one line (idk how to word this, no seperate set_velocity/acceleration for each event).


If anyone has any requests or models they'd like to see in the mod, it would be greatly appreciated
I'm kinda busy lately, got enough on my plate for now.

Image

Screenshot:
+ Spoiler
Crafting:
+ Spoiler


Updates:
+ Spoiler
License(code): LGPL 2.1+
License(textures and models): CC BY-SA 3.0 UNPORTED

depends:
default, tnt, stairs?, intilib?

download: https://github.com/D00Med/vehicles/archive/master.zip
Github: https://github.com/D00Med/vehicles

screenshot:
Image
You wrote it trucks, buses...
But I only see the old vehicles.
"Todo" list means what the mod`s author has planned for the future. Not what adds the mod currently.
Oh
I didn't know
+ Spoiler

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
Posts: 7497
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
Location: OMICRON
Contact:

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Guys just stop quoting that immensly long post!

User avatar
D00Med
Member
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
GitHub: D00Med
Location: Australia...somewhere

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by D00Med » Post

I was about to say xD
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

User avatar
AccidentallyRhine
Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 05:43

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

From a game design standpoint, being able to break down a car back into a carryable item encourages players to keep their cars in their pockets which, let's be honest, is a bit broken and a balancing issue. I think that once a vehicle is placed it should remain an entity.

Also, now that the nifty skeleton key has been pulled into default, maybe this would be a good starting point for building out a locking functionality?

User avatar
Andrey01
Member
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 15:18
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01
Location: Russia, Moscow

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by Andrey01 » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:Guys just stop quoting that immensly long post!
If no quoting, then how to define who do we reply in the post to?

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
Posts: 7497
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
Location: OMICRON
Contact:

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
+ Spoiler
Quote it but do like i did!

User avatar
Andrey01
Member
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 15:18
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01
Location: Russia, Moscow

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by Andrey01 » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:
+ Spoiler
Quote it but do like i did!
If the post is really very big then probably you`re right. Else we don`t need to write posts in these "spoilers" if the post is small indeedly.

User avatar
D00Med
Member
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
GitHub: D00Med
Location: Australia...somewhere

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by D00Med » Post

AccidentallyRhine wrote:From a game design standpoint, being able to break down a car back into a carryable item encourages players to keep their cars in their pockets which, let's be honest, is a bit broken and a balancing issue. I think that once a vehicle is placed it should remain an entity.

Also, now that the nifty skeleton key has been pulled into default, maybe this would be a good starting point for building out a locking functionality?
That is true, but I think it's good to be able to move a car if it gets stuck.
And that's a good idea!, thanks.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

User avatar
Cross_over
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 18:28
In-game: Cross_over

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by Cross_over » Post

it's possible to set which vehicles appear ingame?

User avatar
AccidentallyRhine
Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 05:43

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

Not without commenting out the various register_entity/register_crafts. Which is the issue I was addressing here.

User avatar
D00Med
Member
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
GitHub: D00Med
Location: Australia...somewhere

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by D00Med » Post

Not going to happen.
What I might do though, is put each vehicle into a different lua file. then it will be really easy to comment out or delete the vehicles you don't want.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

User avatar
christoferlevich
Member
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 23:44
GitHub: ChristoferL
Location: Athol, Massachusetts

Re: [mod] Vehicles [vehicles]

by christoferlevich » Post

So we love this mod on our server but we have an issue. Whenever we are all on and playing (this class is 27 kids), they can get into cars, drive them, and get out, but they can't pick them up and put them in their inventory. Normally, left shift click does the trick, but not when we are loaded.

Is this a memory issue? Maybe its got something to do with permissions I am missing?

Not sure. Hoping someone else may have had and solved this issue already.
everything can be a learning experience...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests