[Mod] More creeps and weirdoes [amcaw]

ph8jPf9M
GitHub: 22i

[Mod] More creeps and weirdoes [amcaw]

by ph8jPf9M » Post

a bit of creep history:

Creeps were mostly made by freakstritch in 2012 and not updated over minecraft 1.2.5 for quite a while. Since then a reboot was started by Astromojang he made it open source but quit working on it year later. Now the mod has gotten picked up by RickWeek84 and seems to be updated to the latest version.

But these weirdo creeps should be everywhere thats why they are coming to Minetest.

This mod is still far from complete. Feel free to contribute code, improve the models, suggest new creeps and features.

Things to do:
-creep animation
-creep abilities
-item functions

download

github

depends on default & mobs redo

Links blendmodels

Credits origin , website & wiki
Last edited by ph8jPf9M on Sun Nov 06, 2016 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

Re: [Mod] More creeps and weirdoes [amcaw]

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Nice work! I've been waiting for this for a long time! Nice to see it finally here
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

I love those alien floobs. Lots of imaginative stuff in this, really good to see this coming to Minetest.

ph8jPf9M

by ph8jPf9M » Post

Here is the big baby update!
-changed the collision box so that it is harder for you to enter its head.
-Added super baby food with no use yet to drop table.
-Added sounds for baby.
-Changed the model a bit including the uv texture that covered a bit of transparency outside of the texture
-exported model with the dedicated minetest b3d exporter instead of old exporter i mistakenly been using
Attachments
bigbabyupdate.png
bigbabyupdate.png (132.03 KiB) Viewed 1102 times

u19503

by u19503 » Post

ph8jPf9M wrote:Image

Here is the big baby update!
-changed the collision box so that it is harder for you to enter its head.
-Added super baby food with no use yet to drop table.
-Added sounds for baby.
-Changed the model a bit including the uv texture that covered a bit of transparency outside of the texture
-exported model with the dedicated minetest b3d exporter instead of old exporter i mistakenly been using
This is a really amazing I had a Lot of fun with it but there's only one thing I really don't like thers no animations for pretty much all the models are animations pland? If not please consider it

ph8jPf9M

by ph8jPf9M » Post

yes! there will be animations. I will try to completely animate 1 creep or more per day - will take a while since there are atleast 37 creeps that will take aproximetly a month or less depending on how quick i get. You can help out with the animation here you will need blender for it.

other than that jordan4ibanez noticed that there are to many creeps spawning making bad performance so will play around with spawn stuff https://youtu.be/sxq60qahYOI

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Haha, this is an interesting mod.

Should I ever pick up the Weird subgame again (no promises!), I might use this mod, at least partially. It seems to fit perfectly.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Ha! Glad to see this hilarous mod ported to minetest!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

> Creeps were mostly made by freakstritch in 2012 and not updated over minecraft 1.2.5 for quite a while. Since then a reboot was started by Astromojang he made it open source but quit working on it year later. Now the mod has gotten picked up by RickWeek84 and seems to be updated to the latest version.

I tracked through the versions to find licensing information. The original author asks for permission for redistribution.
The person who made it 'open source', Astromojang, did so without permission:

"The original mod author of Creeps and Weirdos [freakstritch] has been inactive for 1 year 6 months 30 days as of this post. I sent him a message about my plan to update his mod months ago but received no reply. If he disapproves I ask him to PM me and tell me to remove this thread. Otherwise I will continue to work on my updated version."

It seems debateable whether this has been made open source with or without the original author's permission.

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

paramat wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 16:55
> Creeps were mostly made by freakstritch in 2012 and not updated over minecraft 1.2.5 for quite a while.
I just fired up the homage to freakstritchs mod to see if it was still alive. that is some freak show going on .
Its staying in the mix for sure . some of those entities have a certian style that i see featured in a few of the mob packs .the same type of design theme . thanks for highlighting it here and giving us an insight into the history.
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

runs

by runs » Post

Oh my, I grab that baby model. It is the perfect child for the perfect couple :-)

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

This mod sound files have more than 50 Mb, is there any way to make them lightier?
cdb_894a100ddd76