The goal of this modpack is to make using Minetest and mods easier for both newcomers and advanced users.
It makes it easier for newcomers by making help more accessible.
It makes life easier for advanced user by making it more convenient to use, by centralizing the help where you most need it: Inside the game.
This modpack will also make modder's life easier by allowing them to add help texts directly into mods (see more about this below).
- Basic Help [doc_basics]: Help entries about Minetest, controls, gameplay and other basic topics
- Item Help [doc_items]: Help entries for items (blocks, tools, weapons, crafting items, other items)
- Encyclopedia [doc_encyclopedia]: Item to access the help
- Lookup Tool [doc_identifier]: Tool to identify and show entries for pointed things
- Documentation System [doc]: User interface and core API. Allows mods to add help entries and categories of practically anything
The help is very simply organized:
- The help is organized in entries which can be formatted quite freely
- Categories group multiple entries together
- For gameplay reasons (e.g. to avoid spoilering), certain entries can be hidden to be revealed later
To open the help, …
- Use the encyclopedia item,
- or click on the question mark button in one of the mods Unified inventory, Inventory++, or Simple Fast Inventory Buttons.
- Or use the command “/helpform”.
In the list of entries, entries which you haven't viewed yet are in cyan. Some entries may be hidden and could be revealed later. Whenever you revealed a new item, a sound is played. Players with the help_reveal privilege can use the command “/help_reveal” to reveal all entries instantly.
Help pages for items are revealed as soon as you: Punch them, mine them, craft them, carry them in your inventory, or use the lookup tool on then.
A simple item to open the help. Just wield and leftclick.
The lookup tool is a simple tool which shows an appropriate help entry for all or almost all pointable things. It will also automatically reveal the help entries of previously unknown items.
- Download: https://www.load.to/ohbqZQWKrC/doc1.3.0.zip (for Minetest 5.0.0 or later)
- Modpack folder name is “doc”
- Dependencies: None.
- Optional dependencies:
- Unified Inventory [unified_inventory] (for a button)
- Simple Fast Inventory Buttons [sfinv_buttons] (for a button)
- Inventory++ [inventory_plus] (for a button)
- Central Message [central_message] (for notification messages when you reveal entries)
- [default] from Minetest Game (for optional crafting recipes)
- License of everything: MIT License
- Author of all mods: Wuzzy
- Repository command for developers: git clone http://repo.or.cz/minetest_doc_modpack.git --recurse-submodules