Tmanyo
GitHub: Tmanyo
IRC: Tmanyo
In-game: tmanyo

Re: [Mod] Bank Accounts [1.1][bank_accounts]

by Tmanyo » Post

christoferlevich wrote:
I didn't want to see buildings made out of ATMs
Rofl. You're right! And your PC would be everywhere! At least with my students.
Yeah on my Realism server I am starting, I have the bank builders placing the ATMs so that we don't have tons of them all around.
Tmanyo
http://www.rrhmsservers.ml
Servers I Host:
Tmanyo-Realism
Mods of mine that I don't totally hate:
Bank Accounts
T-Rating
Tmusic Player

luizsab

by luizsab » Post

Hello.
I'm testing the mod Bank Accounts in local game with lan network and I found error and server shutdown. See the log of debug.txt:
2017-08-21 00:12:07: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '' in callback item_OnPlace(): /home/luiz/.minetest/mods/bank_accounts/card_swipe.lua:71: attempt to compare string with number
2017-08-21 00:12:07: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-08-21 00:12:07: ERROR[Main]: /home/luiz/.minetest/mods/bank_accounts/card_swipe.lua:71: in function 'on_rightclick'
2017-08-21 00:12:07: ERROR[Main]: /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:347: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:340>
2017-08-21 00:12:07: ERROR[Main]: Access denied. Reason: This server has experienced an internal error. You will now be disconnected.
I realized that if a player put items at card_swiper and dig it he lost the items.
Luiz
[luizsab]
cdb_20c854aafd61

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Post

luizsab wrote:Hello.
I'm testing the mod Bank Accounts in local game with lan network and I found error and server shutdown. See the log of debug.txt:
2017-08-21 00:12:07: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '' in callback item_OnPlace(): /home/luiz/.minetest/mods/bank_accounts/card_swipe.lua:71: attempt to compare string with number
2017-08-21 00:12:07: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-08-21 00:12:07: ERROR[Main]: /home/luiz/.minetest/mods/bank_accounts/card_swipe.lua:71: in function 'on_rightclick'
2017-08-21 00:12:07: ERROR[Main]: /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:347: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:340>
2017-08-21 00:12:07: ERROR[Main]: Access denied. Reason: This server has experienced an internal error. You will now be disconnected.
I realized that if a player put items at card_swiper and dig it he lost the items.
I will look into that.
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Tmanyo-Realism
Bank Accounts
T-Rating
Tmusic Player

luizsab

by luizsab » Post

Hello!
I'm testing Bank Accounts with my students. We found something wrong, when I put itens in the card_swiper the buyer can gets how many iten he wants for one price.
Example: I put some pick_stone for 5 Minegeld, when the buyer gets 2 or 3 it debit out only 5 Minegeld.

There are another problem, I already posted it, I don't know if you had time to look that. If I digs the card_swiper I lost the itens.

(Sorry my mistakes, my English is rusty)

Thank You! We like a lot this mod.
Luiz
[luizsab]
cdb_20c854aafd61

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Images need replacing.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Fixerol wrote:Images need replacing.
They still exist and may work fine on Chrome but OP doesn't care about other browsers and keeps them in the .webp format.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Post

luizsab wrote:Hello!
I'm testing Bank Accounts with my students. We found something wrong, when I put itens in the card_swiper the buyer can gets how many iten he wants for one price.
Example: I put some pick_stone for 5 Minegeld, when the buyer gets 2 or 3 it debit out only 5 Minegeld.

There are another problem, I already posted it, I don't know if you had time to look that. If I digs the card_swiper I lost the itens.

(Sorry my mistakes, my English is rusty)

Thank You! We like a lot this mod.
I have been busy with work and school lately. I don't fully understand your issue. I will take a look at the card swipe digging issue today.

Edit:
I made a change that should fix the deleting objects issue when digging a card swipe. You will need to get the latest commit from github. Locate the repository and then there should be a green clone or download button. You will need to use that.
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Tmanyo-Realism
Bank Accounts
T-Rating
Tmusic Player

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

My students have started using the ATM feature for storage of their US Currency funds. I managed to get the ATM to accept 10, 20, 50... your code is awesome to troll through. I think Im actually learning something. lol.

Its only a matter of time before they go through the other features. Just dropping a line thanking you! They love it. All my kids are grades 1-5, so their imaginations are huge!
everything can be a learning experience...

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Here is small collage of his screenshots from the first post so anyone can see (not just those chrome users):
Attachments
bank_acc.png
bank_acc.png (552.96 KiB) Viewed 862 times

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Post

christoferlevich wrote:My students have started using the ATM feature for storage of their US Currency funds. I managed to get the ATM to accept 10, 20, 50... your code is awesome to troll through. I think Im actually learning something. lol.

Its only a matter of time before they go through the other features. Just dropping a line thanking you! They love it. All my kids are grades 1-5, so their imaginations are huge!
In my opinion, my code is easier to understand than a lot of other people's. I am glad they are learning!
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Tmanyo-Realism
Bank Accounts
T-Rating
Tmusic Player

casp3r

by casp3r » Post

hi, really good job, first :)

but can you please add something for using "enter" (keyboard) to validate PIN in the ATM.
maybe add readable receipt (like "signed letter" i imagine)
and lastly maybe 2, 3 lines for card swipe for 2,3 different price like all item put in the case are solde at the same price on the line

but it's already awesome

question what's happen if a player enter "set_pin XXXX" twice or more ? (like an idiot there are sometimes :) )

i don't know if it's normal but when i enter / unseize "" the player have a seized account and can't use debt/cred card
and when i enter /seize "" the player can buy

TommyTreasure
IRC: TommyTreasure
In-game: TommyTreasure

by TommyTreasure » Post

Tmanyo: A player on my server found a possible exploit bug. Rather than explain it here, I sent you a PM.

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Post

casp3r wrote:hi, really good job, first :)

but can you please add something for using "enter" (keyboard) to validate PIN in the ATM.
maybe add readable receipt (like "signed letter" i imagine)
and lastly maybe 2, 3 lines for card swipe for 2,3 different price like all item put in the case are solde at the same price on the line

but it's already awesome

question what's happen if a player enter "set_pin XXXX" twice or more ? (like an idiot there are sometimes :) )

i don't know if it's normal but when i enter / unseize "" the player have a seized account and can't use debt/cred card
and when i enter /seize "" the player can buy
I will take your suggestions into consideration.
Thank you for the compliments!

I don't think that there is an issue with the seize and unseize commands. What version of the mod are you using?

If set_pin is used twice, the pin is only updated if the number changes. Therefore, nothing will happen if the same pin is set twice. Also, multiple players can have the same pin.

Also, I fixed the problem with the deposit page. I suggest that if you actively use this mod that you update to the latest version that is on GitHub. By the latest version I mean clicking the green drop down and getting a .zip file.
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Tmanyo-Realism
Bank Accounts
T-Rating
Tmusic Player

TommyTreasure
IRC: TommyTreasure
In-game: TommyTreasure

by TommyTreasure » Post

Tmanyo, thanks for the quick work. I do have a feature request -- an option to disable the credit card/card swipe. Long story, but it opens a can of worms in my particular case.

My bad. Just realized I could just comment out the 'dofile' line for card_swipe.lua.

vtwindsurfer

by vtwindsurfer » Post

Looks like this Mod has been left alone for quite some time. I'm trying to use this mod to help teach my kid about money, banking, and credit cards. However, the card swipe is BAD. It's too easy to steal stuff and too easy to lose money. Is there any way to combine the account checks and money transfer feature of the card swipe with the functions of "Shop" from the "currency" mod?