[mod]Mute annoying players[mute]

red-001
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

[mod]Mute annoying players[mute]

by red-001 » Post

This mod allows players to ignore spammers with /ignore and admins to mute a player without informing the player with /mute, stopping them from rejoining with a different nick to continue spamming. /unignore and /unmute can be used to undo do the other commands

TODO
  • Document API
  • Stop admins form being muted/ignored?
  • Write a better post
Licence
This mod is licenced under CC0
Download
Browse GitHub repository.
Download form GitHub.

FreeLikeGNU
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

Re: [mod]Mute annoying players[mute]

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

was it something I said?

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

pretty good, we should almost have this by default in minetest or minetest_game I think.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Yes, /ignore is a much-wanted important feature and I would be happy to see it in Minetest. NOT in Minetest Game as this is a core feature which doesn't care about subgames.
I think /ignore is much better than muting / revoking shout priv as everyone can decide for themselves who to listen to. But it's also dangerous for people to use since you risk ending up in a filter bubble. That's why I extremely rarely use any ignore features anywhere, and even then only for a limited amount of time to get rid of spam.

The /mute command is redundant and thus pointless. It should be removed. You can just revoke the shout priv for that. I think it is extremely unfair to everyone to silently throw away messages of a player without the player even knowing this. This is psychological abuse. It also subverts the entire privilege system. I think everyone should at least be able to know the own privs at all times.
Stop admins form being muted/ignored?
/ignore should work for all. Everyone should be free to listen to or ignore whoever they want.
I already said that /mute should be removed.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Yes, /ignore is a much-wanted important feature and I would be happy to see it in Minetest. NOT in Minetest Game as this is a core feature which doesn't care about subgames.
I think /ignore is much better than muting / revoking shout priv as everyone can decide for themselves who to listen to. But it's also dangerous for people to use since you risk ending up in a filter bubble. That's why I extremely rarely use any ignore features anywhere, and even then only for a limited amount of time to get rid of spam.

The /mute command is redundant and thus pointless. It should be removed. You can just revoke the shout priv for that. I think it is extremely unfair to everyone to silently throw away messages of a player without the player even knowing this. This is psychological abuse. It also subverts the entire privilege system. I think everyone should at least be able to know the own privs at all times.
/ignore should work for all. Everyone should be free to listen to or ignore whoever they want.
I already said that /mute should be removed.
/mute="Wuzzy"
..... : / doesn't seem to be working...

:D j/k
A Wonderful World

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

great mod
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368