[old] Simple machines [simple_machines]

xisd

[old] Simple machines [simple_machines]

by xisd » Post

I stopped working on this mod. In its current state there are some bugs and it is not very efficient .
I think it wasn't the correct approch, code would have the be enteriely redone.

Does changing subject name to [old]... is the correct thing to do in such case ?
___________________________________________________________________________________

This mod add 3 fuel powered machines, each one do one of this actions
- Carving : dig nodes horizontally
- Drilling : dig nodes vertically
- Bridge : place nodes horizontally

Recipes may not be optimal yet but there are designed to be demanding so that machines don't become craftable too soon.

They depends on pipeworks and mesecons but they are only registered if all of the dependences are satisfied.

I'm opened to suggestions and ideas on how to improve code, machines behaviors, naming, recipes, ....

Download : https://github.com/xisd/simple_machines ... master.zip
Code : https://github.com/xisd/simple_machines
Attachments
Simple Machines
Simple Machines
screenshot_2.png (53.42 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Recipes
Recipes
screenshot_1.png (270.95 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Last edited by xisd on Fri Oct 20, 2017 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: [mod] Simple machines [simple_machines]

by Desour » Post

I don't understand the sense, they take fuel and do the same as the crafting contents.
Please describe this mod more precisely!
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

yzelast
GitHub: yzelast
In-game: yzelast

by yzelast » Post

Nice textures. But this machines gets the nodes digged or they destroy it?
G84mU6AQ9dKaNhxn6dq8P5C0y5r8NssE

ynong123
GitHub: ynong123
IRC: ynong123
In-game: ynong123

by ynong123 » Post

Your mod should not depend on too many mods. It will cause the simple machines hard to be crafted. It is a good mod for its nice textures. Please remember, the dependencies of mods should be as less as you can.
Take a look of my mods:
Password Chest
Color Decoration Block
Trapplus

Forgive me for my bad English.

xisd

by xisd » Post

DS-minetest wrote:I don't understand the sense, they take fuel and do the same as the crafting contents.
They take fuel and they move. One break nodes under itself and move down, an other move forward (while breaking nodes), the other move forward while placing nodes (this one need fuel like the others and blocks to place too)
yzelast wrote:Nice textures. But this machines gets the nodes digged or they destroy it?
thanks. nodes are digged you can follow the machine and collect them.
ynong123 wrote:Your mod should not depend on too many mods. It will cause the simple machines hard to be crafted. It is a good mod for its nice textures. Please remember, the dependencies of mods should be as less as you can.
The only hard dependency is default, others are just optional. You won't get any recipes without them but they don't prevent the game from running.
But you're right, I'm not convinced by these recipes either. I will probably soon change them to something that use only default materials.
For now, I used mesecons and pipeworks in recipes because I don't want player to be able to builds these too soon in the game. For me, when I start building mesecons and pipeworks structures is the moment of the game when I'm getting bored of repetitive digging.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

xisd wrote:
DS-minetest wrote:I don't understand the sense, they take fuel and do the same as the crafting contents.
They take fuel and they move. One break nodes under itself and move down, an other move forward (while breaking nodes), the other move forward while placing nodes (this one need fuel like the others and blocks to place too)
Ah, they move. Do they need mesecon signals like movestones?
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

xisd

by xisd » Post

DS-minetest wrote:Ah, they move. Do they need mesecon signals like movestones?
Nop they need fuel like a furnace to move like movestones and dig like node-breaker or place nodes like deployer

xisd

Re: [old] Simple machines [simple_machines]

by xisd » Post

As it was requested, I've created a temporary upload until new git repo is available :

https://framadrop.org/r/3NDV4hB9-I#aoUI ... ZmtxtZx9k=