[mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez
Location: Rhode Island, USA

[mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by jordan4ibanez » Post

A 3D hand mod. Fixed by FreeLikeGNU

https://github.com/jordan4ibanez/newhand

License: CC0

Image
Attachments
screenshot_20170115_183827_1.png
(429.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by jordan4ibanez on Sun Jan 22, 2017 21:30, edited 4 times in total.
I've been gone for a long time

User avatar
FreeLikeGNU
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 02:50
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

Re: [broken mod] 3D Hand

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

pr sent, hope this helps

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez
Location: Rhode Island, USA

Re: [broken mod] 3D Hand

by jordan4ibanez » Post

FreeLikeGNU wrote:pr sent, hope this helps
Thanks for the fix, it now works correctly! https://youtu.be/JQ5-NkIWIGQ
I've been gone for a long time

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
Posts: 2861
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
Contact:

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by TumeniNodes » Post

Hey Jordan....
So... I went and tried out "the hand" <- http://www.bmoviecentral.com/bmc/review ... nutes.html <edit put wrong link up>
but, I did so without thinking to try it out on a fresh / throw away world in case of any kinks and..., after I unchecked it from configure menu, I am now left with an unkown node hand... :P

Got a solution for that yet? :D
Ich mag keine grünen Eier und Schinken, ich mag sie nicht Sam I Am

User avatar
FreeLikeGNU
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 02:50
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:Hey Jordan....., after I unchecked it from configure menu, I am now left with an unkown node hand... :P
Got a solution for that yet? :D
Wait, did you just say that your game has a problem with too many nodes? XD

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
Posts: 2861
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
Contact:

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by TumeniNodes » Post

FreeLikeGNU wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:Hey Jordan....., after I unchecked it from configure menu, I am now left with an unkown node hand... :P
Got a solution for that yet? :D
Wait, did you just say that your game has a problem with too many nodes? XD
hahahahahaha... :D : | yes.

:P
Ich mag keine grünen Eier und Schinken, ich mag sie nicht Sam I Am

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez
Location: Rhode Island, USA

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by jordan4ibanez » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:Hey Jordan....
So... I went and tried out "the hand" <- http://www.bmoviecentral.com/bmc/review ... nutes.html <edit put wrong link up>
but, I did so without thinking to try it out on a fresh / throw away world in case of any kinks and..., after I unchecked it from configure menu, I am now left with an unkown node hand... :P

Got a solution for that yet? :D
Are you using latest git?
I've been gone for a long time

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
Posts: 2861
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
Contact:

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by TumeniNodes » Post

jordan4ibanez wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:Hey Jordan....
So... I went and tried out "the hand" <- http://www.bmoviecentral.com/bmc/review ... nutes.html <edit put wrong link up>
but, I did so without thinking to try it out on a fresh / throw away world in case of any kinks and..., after I unchecked it from configure menu, I am now left with an unkown node hand... :P

Got a solution for that yet? :D
Are you using latest git?
yep, just grabbed it last night.
Ich mag keine grünen Eier und Schinken, ich mag sie nicht Sam I Am

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
Posts: 2861
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
Contact:

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by TumeniNodes » Post

after I unselected the mod, this is now my hand :P
Image

Image

for some reason it did not revert back to the default wieldhand.png? not sure why
Attachments
fishys.png
(334.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
the unknown hand.png
(329.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ich mag keine grünen Eier und Schinken, ich mag sie nicht Sam I Am

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
Posts: 2861
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
Contact:

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by TumeniNodes » Post

Image

for some reason, it gets hung up in the player file. even after unchecking and even deleting the mod. Took me a while to end up looking there but, just deleted that line (highlighted) and all is good now.
Attachments
newhand_issue 2017-01-19 00-20-17.png
(199.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ich mag keine grünen Eier und Schinken, ich mag sie nicht Sam I Am

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez
Location: Rhode Island, USA

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Well I'm not sure what the issue is with that as I can't duplicate it!

Node placement prediction is fixed.

The mod is now ready to be used in modpacks and servers. https://youtu.be/PMHLoq7sABc

Image
I've been gone for a long time

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez
Location: Rhode Island, USA

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Now compatible with Tenplus1's simple skins mod https://youtu.be/92DX6WJh_iY
I've been gone for a long time

User avatar
TheReaperKing
Member
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 21:36
Contact:

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by TheReaperKing » Post

It might be interesting to have an actual hand with fingers. Nice work on this!
Become A Real Life Superhero - http://SuperheroHill.com
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com
Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids

User avatar
Melkor
Member
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 01:03
Location: Underground

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by Melkor » Post

This is really great! please correct me if im wrong, but with this now we can (?) make independent animations for each tool, weapons or items on hand, like eating or using a map? even sincronize a crack animation on every punch in a block?

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez
Location: Rhode Island, USA

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Melkor wrote:This is really great! please correct me if im wrong, but with this now we can (?) make independent animations for each tool, weapons or items on hand, like eating or using a map? even sincronize a crack animation on every punch in a block?
Thank you. I believe that's correct. I'll try this weekend
I've been gone for a long time

User avatar
WinkingBaby
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 19:11
In-game: WinkingBaby

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by WinkingBaby » Post

Is this compatible with playertextures? If not would it be possible to do that?

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
Posts: 4053
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by Wuzzy » Post

What's the point of this mod?

The hand is already in 3D.
My creations. I gladly accept bitcoins: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH

User avatar
octacian
Member
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:18
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian
Location: Canada

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by octacian » Post

I second Wuzzy's question.

I will be adding support for custom player skins to my hands mod though :D
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

User avatar
GreenXenith
Member
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 01:26
GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenXenith
In-game: GreenXenith
Location: The singularity
Contact:

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by GreenXenith » Post

I third the question.
Y▹uTube | Mods | Patre●n | Twitter | Minetest Discord | GreenXenith#3232

Hey, you. You're finally awake.
You were trying to view their profile, right? Found the rest of their signature, same as us, and that guest over there.

User avatar
Melkor
Member
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 01:03
Location: Underground

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by Melkor » Post

Wuzzy wrote:What's the point of this mod?

The hand is already in 3D.
not really

SIGH...
i quote myself
jordan4ibanez wrote:
Melkor wrote:This is really great! please correct me if im wrong, but with this now we can (?) make independent animations for each tool, weapons or items on hand, like eating or using a map? even sincronize a crack animation on every punch in a block?
Thank you. I believe that's correct. I'll try this weekend

User avatar
WinkingBaby
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 19:11
In-game: WinkingBaby

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by WinkingBaby » Post

Ran into a big issue. Not sure if you mentioned this or not but it's impossible to open doors with the new hand. Unless i scroll over to another item. Is this to get rid of the weird placeable hand thing?

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
Posts: 4053
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by Wuzzy » Post

I still don't get it. What does this mod give me?
Is there any documentation?
My creations. I gladly accept bitcoins: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH

User avatar
Melkor
Member
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 01:03
Location: Underground

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by Melkor » Post

WinkingBaby wrote:Ran into a big issue. Not sure if you mentioned this or not but it's impossible to open doors with the new hand. Unless i scroll over to another item. Is this to get rid of the weird placeable hand thing?
Same problem here :)
Wuzzy wrote:I still don't get it. What does this mod give me?
Is there any documentation?
So far as i know, the hand and his animations are coded into the source code so thats mean the only way to change animations is modifying the code and then recompile again, this newhand mod -theoretically- will allow you make new animations, use customs models for hands, tools o anything you want more easy, but this is the thing i hope so, lol.

User avatar
LordStephen77
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 15:26

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by LordStephen77 » Post

The default hand was too small, even the tools are too small. Aspect for years improvements to the 3d model of the hand. Finally! I did not hope anymore. Thank you, now it is much nicer.

Now the skin of your character is also applied to the hand in person.

Now your hand is much more beautiful :D

Fixing open doors please XD This mod is fantastic, and adds a feature that for years looks to be implemented on Minetest. Do not abandon your good job. Thank you so much.

I hope this beautiful mod gets included in Minetest_Game! With the addition of larger tools would be very much appreciated ^__-

Screenshots:

Image

Image

User avatar
firefox
Member
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 07:34
In-game: Red_Fox
Location: Xanadu

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by firefox » Post

LordStephen77 wrote:The default hand was too small, even the tools are too small. Aspect for years improvements to the 3d model of the hand. Finally! I did not hope anymore. Thank you, now it is much nicer.

Now the skin of your character is also applied to the hand in person.

Now your hand is much more beautiful :D

Fixing open doors please XD This mod is fantastic, and adds a feature that for years looks to be implemented on Minetest. Do not abandon your good job. Thank you so much.

I hope this beautiful mod gets included in Minetest_Game! With the addition of larger tools would be very much appreciated ^__-

Screenshots:

Image

Image
your hand has the wrong rotation :P
it's like holding it with the palm facing upwards
=(^.^)= nyan~

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests