[Mod] Functional Lua Computers [0.5.2] [digicompute]

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: [Mod] Functional Lua Computers [0.5.2] [digicompute]

by octacian » Post

BBmine wrote:Um... I finnally got around to testing this. Is there a command to list files and folders? Also, how would I edit a file?
Those two items are still in progress. By Sunday :D
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

Cross_over
In-game: Cross_over

by Cross_over » Post

Do this mod have a working Recipe? or is a WIP feature?. I can't find any help or command list (link is broken).
I made those alternate texture for this mod, if you're interested just PM me.
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5817/hGcQic.png
or this..

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

Are you going to be completing this mod any time soon? This mod still needs a way to read and edit files, mesecons/digilines support, and internet. And you said listing the directories/files would be done by Sunday in June, but it still isn't done :-)

By the way, there's a problem with this mod's builtin.lua. Making files and directories work, but you can't copy, move, or remove them because 1) builtin.exists doesn't seem to work on directories and 2) there is no builtin.remove for files, only builtin.rmdir for directories.

EDIT: Also, you can dig a computer in bios mode and an on computer will still appear two seconds later, which is a way to cheat and get extra computers. Also, if a computer is in bios mode when you exit the game, it stays that way, and you can no longer access it.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

octacian

by octacian » Post

v-rob wrote:Are you going to be completing this mod anytime soon? This mod still needs a way to read and edit files, mesecons/digilines support, and internet. And you said listing the directories/files would be done by Sunday in June, but it still isn't done :-)
Yeah, it's been a while. Pretty sure I had the ls command working at one point, but then never pushed it... Anyways, I will do a bit more on this mod, but I don't know if I'll ever get it to completion. I'm personally moving away from the MT community and working on my own game, so have had less time to work on my mods. I do, however, plan on getting most of my mods (including this one) to at least a partial state of completion in hopes of leaving behind something good for the MT community.

Regarding the issues you mentioned, I will try to take a look soon and push some fixes. However, right now I'm working on finishing off some other mods. I've just been going through my git directory in alphabetical order and tackling stuff one-by-one.
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

octacian

by octacian » Post

A few quick updates regarding features now sitting in the latest master:
  • ls command added
  • cat command added
  • nano command added
  • removed loadstring API
  • Fix computers frozen on BIOS after MT restart
  • Replace the userdata system with a global environment ram variable
  • Improve help and sort alphabetically
cd and cwd are work in progress.
v-rob wrote: By the way, there's a problem with this mod's builtin.lua. Making files and directories work, but you can't copy, move, or remove them because 1) builtin.exists doesn't seem to work on directories and 2) there is no builtin.remove for files, only builtin.rmdir for directories.
Okay, there is cpdir and rmdir in the builtin API, and they have worked perfectly fine in the past. I need to do a bit more testing regarding builtin.exists and directories, and will post back later. No builtin.remove exists because there is no need; os.remove can simply be used instead.
v-rob wrote: EDIT: Also, you can dig a computer in bios mode and an on computer will still appear two seconds later, which is a way to cheat and get extra computers. Also, if a computer is in bios mode when you exit the game, it stays that way, and you can no longer access it.
As seen above, this has now been fixed. Although it just occurred to me that if the chunk in which the stuck computer isn't loaded when the game starts, it might not work, will have to test.

qawsedrftgzh
GitHub: qawsedrftgzh

by qawsedrftgzh » Post

Cool. Is this mod still developed? When will the packages come?
My English is not so good, because I am german

Goya164

by Goya164 » Post

qawsedrftgzh wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 13:56
Cool. Is this mod still developed? When will the packages come?
Seems to be halted...