[abandoned mod] Geomoria [geomoria]

Milan*
GitHub: tchncs
IRC: Passant
In-game: Milan Passant

Re: [abandoned mod] Geomoria [geomoria]

by Milan* » Post

@elettrico it does work on my server with v7 4.16-dev (not 5-dev) at least.

however, that [abandoned mod] scares me... -.-

the_raven_262
GitHub: theraven262
IRC: [Discord unfortunately] corvus262

by the_raven_262 » Post

Duane is probably going to integrate this into his new mapgen, i guess.

duane
GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Post

the_raven_262 wrote:Duane is probably going to integrate this into his new mapgen, i guess.
Already done.
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.

Milan*
GitHub: tchncs
IRC: Passant
In-game: Milan Passant

by Milan* » Post

the_raven_262 wrote:Duane is probably going to integrate this into his new mapgen, i guess.
so far so good but think about broken worlds with other mapgens already using those abandoned mods - even as a server - in case a new minetest update makes those mods incompatible.

i just hope that if that happens, one of us is able to fix this.

the_raven_262
GitHub: theraven262
IRC: [Discord unfortunately] corvus262

by the_raven_262 » Post

Sorry for resurrecting this mod (from the dead, possibly), isn't it too good to die actually?
Anyway, I have a reason for doing this.
I do know that this mod is "abandoned", but still I might get some help here, right?
Okay, so here it goes: the mod doesn't work anymore for me.
What do I mean by that? Well, nothing generates at -250 depth as it should. It is completely empty.
I have tried using different mapgens, and it doesn't help at all.
I have also removed my minetest.conf to reset the settings, still this didn't do anything.
I don't remember how long this was happening, but I think it has been a few months before I started using MT 0.4.17,
though my memory can be a bit bad, so this might be happening cause of the 0.4.17 version.
But I have no idea.

P.S. Is this how you resurrect a mod? I rarely do this. Hope I did it right.

duane

by duane » Post

the_raven_262 wrote:Sorry for resurrecting this mod (from the dead, possibly), isn't it too good to die actually?
Anyway, I have a reason for doing this.
I do know that this mod is "abandoned", but still I might get some help here, right?
Okay, so here it goes: the mod doesn't work anymore for me.
What do I mean by that? Well, nothing generates at -250 depth as it should. It is completely empty.
I have tried using different mapgens, and it doesn't help at all.
I have also removed my minetest.conf to reset the settings, still this didn't do anything.
I don't remember how long this was happening, but I think it has been a few months before I started using MT 0.4.17,
though my memory can be a bit bad, so this might be happening cause of the 0.4.17 version.
But I have no idea.

P.S. Is this how you resurrect a mod? I rarely do this. Hope I did it right.
That issue might be fixed on github. It produces geomorphs on the latest 0.5 version of minetest, anyway. A more recent version of geomoria is embedded in https://github.com/duane-r/flats, but it would be difficult to separate from the rest of the mod.

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

by FreeGamers » Post

Added this to my world and it worked fine.

It generated in the average range of -135 through -172
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

I've also posted a fork, that enables the stairs to the surface, without the deep chasms. To my knowledge, this is the only change I've made, and this works with v5.0.

Here's my fork at github: https://github.com/ShadMOrdre/geomoria

FreeGamers

by FreeGamers » Post

Nice to see someone forked and maintained this. I've been looking around it the last hour and tweaking goblins into it. Its a nice simple mod that doesn't add any extra unnecessary stuff too.

I wouldn't recommend anyone set goblin spawns to the top of the biome unless you want it to start raining goblins in some of the larger halls.

The stairs would be a nice touch.
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

duane

Another Fork

by duane » Post

If anyone wants to see what I'm using now, it's in my experimental mapgen. It's basically the same code, without stairs to the surface, and you can define regions of geomoria more easily with the realms.conf file. They still have to be full chunks -- I tried to make partial chunks work, and it was a mess.

Geomoria is more or less the center-piece of my game these days. I've combined about five layers of dungeon with two cave realms so that it has lots of ruined areas and vertical access. The first thing I generally do in a game is dig down and start looking for treasure chests. (My Fun Tools has a treasure detector which helps a bit.) The random monsters keep me plenty busy, and I get lots of cotton for bags and decoration without having to farm it.

I'm considering adding vertical access to every geomorph. It doesn't always make sense, but it would be convenient.

FreeGamers

by FreeGamers » Post

Was there a fork of this that had beds and basic default treasure?

Players keep telling me that they are coming across chests that have no slots and no items. So I would like to spruce up those aspects of this.