{MOD} Ma & Pop's Furniture Mod [ma_pops_furniture]

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

Re: {MOD} Ma & Pop's Furniture Mod [ma_pops_furniture]

by FreeGamers » Post

I downloaded this a couple days ago and gave it a try. It looks good. I quite like it because the nodes and furniture fit in with the world and are very "voxel-y".

Unfortunately I've noticed that any furniture item that relies on the sit function (toilet, stools, etc) in the mod cause my server to do a fatal restart.
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

jeremyweston wrote:I downloaded this a couple of days ago and gave it a try. It looks good. I quite like it because the nodes and furniture fit in with the world and are very "voxel-y".

Unfortunately, I've noticed that any furniture item that relies on the sit function (toilet, stools, etc) in the mod cause my server to do a fatal restart.
1) which MT version do you use?
2) what's the error code that you're getting?
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

FreeGamers

by FreeGamers » Post

1) which MT version do you use?
2) what's the error code that you're getting?
1.) v 5.0.1
2.) I'll have to get back to you on this one, I only tested it from client side before disabling it. I'll dig through my logs a bit later today or recreate the error.
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

FreeGamers

by FreeGamers » Post

This happens if I left click on a random chair I picked out from the creative menu.

Code: Select all

2019-06-15 23:21:47: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'ma_pops_furniture' in callback node_on_punch(): ...est/mods/lib_additions/ma_pops_furniture/living_room.lu$
2019-06-15 23:21:47: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-06-15 23:21:47: ERROR[Main]:       ...est/mods/lib_additions/ma_pops_furniture/living_room.lua:337: in function <...est/mods/lib_additions/ma_pops_furniture/living_room.lua:274>
This happens if I try to right click and sit in it.

Code: Select all

2019-06-15 23:25:01: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2019-06-15 23:25:01: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'moreores' in callback item_OnPlace(): ...est/mods/lib_additions/ma_pops_furniture/living_room.lua:257: attempt to call field 'sit' (a nil value)
2019-06-15 23:25:01: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-06-15 23:25:01: ERROR[Main]:       ...est/mods/lib_additions/ma_pops_furniture/living_room.lua:257: in function 'on_rightclick'
2019-06-15 23:25:01: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:423: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:416>

FreeGamers

by FreeGamers » Post

I went to try this today. The version listed in the OP is terrible and riddled with bugs that crash the game/server. I tried a few versions that I found online.

This version works great with MTv5

https://github.com/PiezoU005F/ma_pops_furniture

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

Recipe Ultimate Update

A brand new version has been released! Check out the latest version!

https://content.minetest.net/packages/G ... furniture/
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

Fauxtonic

by Fauxtonic » Post

Just updated to Minetest 5.3 and I'm now getting the following error with this mod enabled:

ModError: Failed to load and run script from E:\Games\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\ma_pops_furniture\init.lua:
Number of registerable nodes (32768) exceeded (ma_pops_furniture:sofa_red)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'register_item_raw'
...es\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:182: in function 'register_item'
...es\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:208: in function 'really_register_node'
...2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\technic\technic_worldgen/nodes.lua:151: in function 'really_register_node'
....0-win64\bin\..\mods\technic\technic_worldgen/crafts.lua:161: in function 'register_node'
...etest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\ma_pops_furniture/sofa.lua:56: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'dofile'
...etest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\ma_pops_furniture\init.lua:64: in main chunk
Check debug.txt for details.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Does that mean that this mod is dead too?
What happens to mods in the ContentDB when they no longer work with the latest stable release of Minetest?

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Maybe another modder will take it over and revamp it to work with minetest 5.3 :)

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Fauxtonic wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 19:53
Just updated to Minetest 5.3 and I'm now getting the following error with this mod enabled:

ModError: Failed to load and run script from E:\Games\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\ma_pops_furniture\init.lua:
Number of registerable nodes (32768) exceeded (ma_pops_furniture:sofa_red)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'register_item_raw'
...es\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:182: in function 'register_item'
...es\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:208: in function 'really_register_node'
...2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\technic\technic_worldgen/nodes.lua:151: in function 'really_register_node'
....0-win64\bin\..\mods\technic\technic_worldgen/crafts.lua:161: in function 'register_node'
...etest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\ma_pops_furniture/sofa.lua:56: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'dofile'
...etest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\mods\ma_pops_furniture\init.lua:64: in main chunk
Check debug.txt for details.
Just try disabling each from your mods one after another while a total count of registered nodes doesn`t get less 32768 ones. You`ve obviously exceeded that limit.

grapixers

by grapixers » Post

Thank you for this mod

ZAAo

by ZAAo » Post

My sincere thanks to GamingAssociation39 and everyone else involved in creating this awesome mod with so much cool content and some great functionality, instead of just having everything be purely decorative.

I have lots of ideas for expanding the mod, and am trying my hand at creating some new items (which I would be very happy to provide for inclusion in ma and pops furniture, when I actually get my stuff working and completed).

One big request / suggestion though... could we perhaps have some sort of reference documentation / mini wiki for how to use some of the items included? E.g., I never realised until yesterday that the toaster in this mod is functional, and that you need to punch it while holding a slice of bread, to make toast. After looking at more of the mod's code, I discovered that the "Stereo" (radio) also seems to have the function of playing sound files / music... I'm not sure yet how to get it to do that... should I just add .ogg files with filenames radio_*.ogg in the sounds folder? Should the * following radio_ in the filename have digits or can it have any filename?

Midnight
GitHub: MidnightPhantom
IRC: Dragon
In-game: Dragon_Abysss

by Midnight » Post

Hey I reviewed this mod a long time ago in CDB but seriously can you add functionality to some items like faucets