[mod] MC Like Mobs [mobs_mc]

void
In-game: z

Re: [mod] MC Like Mobs [mobs_mc]

by void » Post

Currently has been demostrated that endermen move fast and don't teleport when are hit

IanniPowerup!!!
In-game: IanniPowerup

by IanniPowerup!!! » Post

awesome mod . BUT !! Put an optional dependence on nether . U gave us nether mobs so I though that they would spawn in the nether (if the nether is installed) NOPE !!! They don't .. :-/
So where do i find a blaze or a gast within survival ?

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

There also needs to have the new mobs added
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

IanniPowerup!!! wrote:awesome mod . BUT !! Put an optional dependence on nether . U gave us nether mobs so I though that they would spawn in the nether (if the nether is installed) NOPE !!! They don't .. :-/
So where do i find a blaze or a gast within survival ?
The nether is in this game by default. You may have messed something up
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

turducken

by turducken » Post

If I enable this mod everything becomes extremely laggy. Animals walk in straight lines for several blocks, then reset back to original position to actually run their AI code where they stop, change direction, move their head, etc. If I disable this mod the game goes back to a nice fluid experience.

Is there some profiling switch I can throw in minetest to see exactly what is going on? I've played MineClone2 with this mod as part of it, and it worked well there. Could it be too many mobs_redo mobs? I've tried disabling several of the mob_redo mob packs but it seems to be something in mobs_mc that really lags the game.

holli
In-game: holli

by holli » Post

Hi there,

my son is a real MC enthusiast and having MC mobs in minetest blows his mind! *hehe* Minetest is still the best!
Apro pos "blow", It seems a creeper blows my server: I walked thru my world on an 0.4.16 server @ lubuntu 16.04.4 amdx64 LTS and I died for no reason. At the same time my server crashes with this log entry:
2018-04-07 16:03:09: ACTION[Server]: A TNT explosion occurred at (-47.725162506104,2.1315042972565,-414.22280883789) with radius 0
minetest: /build/minetest-wva50I/minetest-0.4.16/src/util/serialize.h:278: void writeF1000(irr::u8*, irr::f32):
Zusicherung »i >= F1000_MIN && i <= F1000_MAX« nicht erfüllt.
Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug geschrieben)
Yes it's the german edition. Google translator interpret the last two lines with
Assertion »i> = F1000_MIN && i <= F1000_MAX «not fulfilled.
Canceled (dump dumped)
I respawn in my bed, went to the coordinates i died but no dying box - all my inventory was lost... :-(

How to fix this issue?

Greetz,

Holli

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

This is a division-by-zero bug in Minetest Game:

https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/2105

The crash is triggered by Mobs Redo:
https://github.com/tenplus1/mobs_redo/issues/157

The bug is in MTG, so we have to wait until MTG fixed it. Mobs Redo author TenPlus1 might choose to apply a workaround.

To my knowledge, this does not affect MineClone 2, as this game has a different TNT mod.

holli
In-game: holli

by holli » Post

Hi Wuzzy,

thank you for your answer. And many thanks for your work on github! Now i'll try to edit the responsible lua script in tnt mod from

Code: Select all

local damage_radius = (radius / def.radius) * def.damage_radius

to

Code: Select all

local damage_radius = 0
if def.radius ~= 0 then local damage_radius = (radius / def.radius) * def.damage_radius end
This was my first time to code in lua and it don't end in a desaster. Yay! \o/

Thanks for helping me out and finding the reason why my server crahed and where the failure is.

Holli

EDIT: Code correction

EDIT2: The code changes mentioned above seems to work. I had no server crash for a long time. And I provoke a creeper to explode in water *hehe*

ToyElf
In-game: ToyElf Toy_Elf

by ToyElf » Post

Howdy!
Is there any way to reduce the spawn rates of animals?
I'm okay with the amount of monsters I get, but my world is getting overran by wolves, sheep, cows, rabbits and pigs. Can I manually reduce the spawn rates of these mobs?

Nothing else I can suck up to, your mod is awesome! Great job you lot!

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ToyElf wrote:Howdy!
Is there any way to reduce the spawn rates of animals?
I'm okay with the amount of monsters I get, but my world is getting overran by wolves, sheep, cows, rabbits and pigs. Can I manually reduce the spawn rates of these mobs?

Nothing else I can suck up to, your mod is awesome! Great job you lot!
I don't have the time to look into it but if you granted yourself the server privilege you could run /clearobjects quick every few minutes to remove all entities nearby. That would remove the animals but also any other entities. So it may not be something you want to do
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ToyElf

by ToyElf » Post

It also removes minecarts, and considering I have a huge railway system this would be an expensive thing to do! If one of you guys finds a way, please let me know.

zing269

by zing269 » Post

You can add a line like mob_name=(chance,count) to your minetest.conf to override the chance and count for each mob you wish to adjust. Look at the api.txt file in the mobs mod folder for details.

the default values for chickens are:
mobs_mc:chicken=(17000,3)

to have less chickens spawn less often you would raise the chance number and lower the count:
mobs_mc:chicken=(34000,2)
Last edited by zing269 on Wed May 23, 2018 01:18, edited 1 time in total.

Punk

by Punk » Post

Like mobs redo and farming redo, this one also don't has hud hunger.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Punk: explain please ? why would a mobs mod have hunger ?

IhrFussel
GitHub: IhrFussel
IRC: IhrFussel
In-game: IhrFussel

by IhrFussel » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote: I don't have the time to look into it but if you granted yourself the server privilege you could run /clearobjects quick every few minutes to remove all entities nearby. That would remove the animals but also any other entities. So it may not be something you want to do
Don't do this!

I think you didn't read the sentence in the docs after the removal of objects inside active/loaded mapblocks. It says it will delete the objects of all other mapblocks the next time they are loaded. So it's pretty much a silent /clearobjects full

Punk

by Punk » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Punk: explain please ? why would a mobs mod have hunger ?
I don't remember which mobs package had a hunger HUD, I just remember it had one with breads symbols. I don't play Minetest for a considerable time. I just upgraded the mobs and it's gone.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Mobs wouldn't affect minetest hunger mods but you could try this one:

https://github.com/tenplus1/stamina

ToyElf

by ToyElf » Post

zing269 wrote:You can add a line like mob_name=(chance,count) to your minetest.conf to override the chance and count for each mob you wish to adjust. Look at the api.txt file in the mobs mod folder for details.

the default values for chickens are:
mobs_mc:chicken=(17000,3)

to have less chickens spawn less often you would raise the chance number and lower the count:
mobs_mc:chicken=(34000,2)
Thanks, that was what i was after!

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

As some of you might know, this mod has been included unchanged in MineClone 2 for a long time now. I always made changes to this mod first, then copied the entire mod into MineClone 2.

But now I am seriously considering to no longer do this. Instead, I like to develop the mobs in MineClone 2 independently. Maybe I also be more liberal with modifications to Mobs Redo, making it MCL2-specific. I start to think this has held be back for a while anyway. I have tried to avoid these steps for a very long time, but I think it just doesn't make

As for mobs_mc, it always felt odd to me to have MC-like mods specific to MTG. The textures don't match, the balancing is odd, etc. Really, this mod right now is more tailored to MCL2 anyway.

I have not changed anything in the code yet, I just wanted to give you a heads-up that in the future, mob development in MCL2 might deviate. This decision is not final, however, but I lean towards the deviation.

THEROOSTER

by THEROOSTER » Post

Please, you can add phantoms, turtles, dolphins and fish from MC 1.13?

runs

by runs » Post

turducken wrote:If I enable this mod everything becomes extremely laggy. Animals walk in straight lines for several blocks, then reset back to original position to actually run their AI code where they stop, change direction, move their head, etc. If I disable this mod the game goes back to a nice fluid experience.

Is there some profiling switch I can throw in minetest to see exactly what is going on? I've played MineClone2 with this mod as part of it, and it worked well there. Could it be too many mobs_redo mobs? I've tried disabling several of the mob_redo mob packs but it seems to be something in mobs_mc that really lags the game.
Same problem here. It is laggy and a pity :-(

cy

by cy » Post

I know a lot of entities lags the game, for some reason. My hypothesis is that since minetest is stupidly server side, it has to send all individual accelerations of entities to every client in real time, and that can add up to a ton of packets. That's why "walk in straight lines for several blocks" happens, because the client is allowed to remember the last velocity, but not to do any logic about pathing or acceleration, so if the server stops sending position updates, the entity keeps going at whatever speed it's going in whatever direction, indefinitely.

Don't know how many mobs could be loaded before those updates started taking up a significant amount of bandwidth. To test it, you'd have to record how many packets of each type the server was sending, seeing how much of it is TOCLIENT_ACTIVE_OBJECT_MESSAGES. If like 99% of it were those, and then you also recorded that the sub-type of the messages were GENERIC_CMD_UPDATE_POSITION, you'd have that as your culprit. And the solution is to have the client calculate how mobs get from point A to point B, with the server just sending the ultimate place the entity has to be, and when it has to be there.

I think this is also why pipeworks gets so laggy when a bunch of stuff is floating around in pipes. Mobs have more complex movements than pipeworks too, changing directions frequently, and updating other parts of them like their animation, or their HP.

Oh right and what I actually wanted to say is skeletons are shooting through walls, doors and glass windows. That's another... server side calculated thing...

Segmented Worm

by Segmented Worm » Post

Where do the Nether mobs spawn?

Segmented Worm

by Segmented Worm » Post

Overall, I think this is a great mod, but one thing I don't like is that slimeballs can not be used for anything. Could a recipe possibly be added so slimeballs could be used to make slime blocks?

cHyper-0815OL

by cHyper-0815OL » Post

can i use mineclone2 mobs mc for MTG? or is there a problem?