[Mod] Villagers for Minetest [villagers][v0.17]

daddaaddaaad

Re: [Mod] Villagers for Minetest [villagers][v0.17]

by daddaaddaaad » Fri Jul 27, 2018 09:27

Sokomine wrote:Maybe they don't want to freeze their feet ,-)

You're probably right :D

Diamond knight

GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Mon Dec 03, 2018 00:31

Is this mod still being developed? I would hate to see one of the few quality villager mods die.

trungus

In-game: Trungus

by trungus » Fri Feb 01, 2019 15:04

Hi Guy

I first place I want to thanks to ErrorNull, this mod is great! I'm testing it for a small home server and I like it a lot.
I have a question, anybody knows any way to lower the quantity of villagers?, the machine used as a server is quite old so if I have too many entities the lag rise up fast.
So far I check the code of villagers and villages looking for a way to do it, without success, I only understand that villagers come to live with a kind of spawner but I couldn't find any that register it o control it.
Mi machine run on a bare Debian Stretch, 1GB Ram with a compiled version of Minetest 0.4.17.1 with LuaJit.

Best Regards and Thank you in advance.
Trungus

ErrorNull

by ErrorNull » Sat Feb 02, 2019 16:09

hey guys, thanks for the kind words. it's been a while for sure.. and glad to see my mod is still being poked and prodded around here. i've just been busy with real life stuff. since it appears there's still mild interest in this mod, i'll plan to continue improving my villagers mod soon.

trungus wrote:I have a question, anybody knows any way to lower the quantity of villagers?, the machine used as a server is quite old so if I have too many entities the lag rise up fast. So far I check the code of villagers and villages looking for a way to do it, without success, I only understand that villagers come to live with a kind of spawner but I couldn't find any that register it o control it.
Trungus

the quantity of villagers is automatically determined by Sokomine's villages mod, in which a predetermined number of beds are installed within each spawned building. The quantity of my villagers simply matches the number of beds. i could possibly introduce an option that reduce the 100% bed-correspondence to say 80% or 50%. I'll look into it once i jump back into this...

trungus

In-game: Trungus

by trungus » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:43

ErrorNull wrote:hey guys, thanks for the kind words. it's been a while for sure.. and glad to see my mod is still being poked and prodded around here. i've just been busy with real life stuff. since it appears there's still mild interest in this mod, i'll plan to continue improving my villagers mod soon.

trungus wrote:I have a question, anybody knows any way to lower the quantity of villagers?, the machine used as a server is quite old so if I have too many entities the lag rise up fast. So far I check the code of villagers and villages looking for a way to do it, without success, I only understand that villagers come to live with a kind of spawner but I couldn't find any that register it o control it.
Trungus

the quantity of villagers is automatically determined by Sokomine's villages mod, in which a predetermined number of beds are installed within each spawned building. The quantity of my villagers simply matches the number of beds. i could possibly introduce an option that reduce the 100% bed-correspondence to say 80% or 50%. I'll look into it once i jump back into this...

You are joking? ... your work is great, I fly around the village and I can see plenty of life if the server, if you found some way to help me to reduce the numbers of villagers, will be great.

About "real life stuff", I know exactly what you say, this is the third time that I working with my childs to assembly a server, is not easy man, I hope your life should be a bit easiers now, we need a time for fun, just fot the sake of the fun.

Best Regards and Thanks again

Meaty

by Meaty » Thu May 16, 2019 15:17

Hello and thank you for the awesome mod!

I have, perhaps silly, question: when I enable only mg_villlages, handle_schematics, and villagers on 5.0.1, all works fine except the fact that villagers do not move. They stand still near the buildings, turn around every 3-4 seconds but does not walk. The /villagers list shows Walked 0 for each of them. All mods are taken from the GitHub and have the latest versions.
Is there any way to debug such behavior? What sort of logs should I check in order to troubleshoot that?
Thanks!

ErrorNull

by ErrorNull » Thu May 16, 2019 15:25

Meaty wrote:Hello and thank you for the awesome mod!

I have, perhaps silly, question: when I enable only mg_villlages, handle_schematics, and villagers on 5.0.1, all works fine except the fact that villagers do not move. They stand still near the buildings, turn around every 3-4 seconds but does not walk. The /villagers list shows Walked 0 for each of them. All mods are taken from the GitHub and have the latest versions.
Is there any way to debug such behavior? What sort of logs should I check in order to troubleshoot that?
Thanks!

Hi Meaty,

I would look into the 'functions.lua' and 'actions.lua' as this is where i defined the code the villager movement. i haven't looked into my code for a while, but suspect that with the latest minetest version, may have something to do with how villagers are [failing] verifying if a node in front of them is clear or not for walking forward. hope that helps.

Previous

Return to WIP Mods