[Mod]More Lamps[morelamps]

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

[Mod]More Lamps[morelamps]

by v-rob » Post

This mod adds mese post lamps in every type of wood. If you have moreores enabled, then there are mithril lamps and post lamps.

License: WFTPL

Depends: Default, Moreores?
Attachments
morelamps.zip
(4.71 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: [Mod]More Lamps[morelamps]

by octacian » Post

Nice idea! However, would you consider using a license like MIT instead? WTFPL is really not child-friendly and discourages the use of Minetest by younger people or in schools. Honestly, I believe WTFPL should be a disallowed license. Also, don't forget to license your media, maybe under CC-BY-SA.

Nice idea though! And the mithril lamp texture looks pretty good too.
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

octacian wrote:Nice idea! However, would you consider using a license like MIT instead? WTFPL is really not child-friendly and discourages the use of Minetest by younger people or in schools. Honestly, I believe WTFPL should be a disallowed license. Also, don't forget to license your media, maybe under CC-BY-SA.

Nice idea though! And the mithril lamp texture looks pretty good too.
I just use it because it's really lenient, unlike many other licences. I like people to have a lot of freedom with my mods. If you know a lenient one that is similar, I would use that instead.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

I wonder why Mese post lamps from all fence types are not in MTG.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:I wonder why Mese post lamps from all fence types are not in MTG.
Why aren't all ladders and beds in MTG?

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

v-rob wrote:Why aren't all ladders and beds in MTG?
Too lazy to write a loop going over all nodes?

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
v-rob wrote:Why aren't all ladders and beds in MTG?
Too lazy to write a loop going over all nodes?
I guess so. The lazy devs even forgot to make tin stairs and slabs. For goodness sake, it's literally copy and paste!

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

well to repeat others nice post lamps

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

v-rob wrote:it's literally copy and paste!
Not even that, a simple loop would do that :) But I guess there are other reasons for not adding post lamps for all of the fence types.

octacian

by octacian » Post

v-rob wrote:I just use it because it's really lenient, unlike many other licences. I like people to have a lot of freedom with my mods. If you know a lenient one that is similar, I would use that instead.
MIT for code and CC-BY-SA 3.0 or 4.0. Those two together are IMO the most lenient and free licenses in existence. Plus, they're actually licenses. The WTFPL isn't legally a license anyway and therefore means absolutely nothing. For that matter, there's practically no difference between WTFPL and nothing.
Linuxdirk wrote:Too lazy to write a loop going over all nodes?
v-rob wrote:I guess so. The lazy devs even forgot to make tin stairs and slabs. For goodness sake, it's literally copy and paste!
OK, I am going to be very blunt here. The developers are not lazy, they simply forgot about it or didn't have time. All of MT's developers are volunteers, and not paid, they have no obligation to continue developing Minetest. Not only that, but there is a very limited number of developers (and contributors), or human resources, and these people have lives to live and other things to do.

So, if you'd like to complain about these missing blocks, quit being lazy and go submit a Pull Request. No offense.
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

octacian wrote:OK, I am going to be very blunt here. The developers are not lazy, they simply forgot about it or didn't have time.
Or they decided not to add them due to simplicity/performance reasons.
octacian wrote:quit being lazy and go submit a Pull Request.
Last edited by Linuxdirk on Wed Jul 26, 2017 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

the_raven_262
GitHub: theraven262
IRC: [Discord unfortunately] corvus262

by the_raven_262 » Post

Who even though of mithrill being blue? Who? I want to know of their name! xD

octacian

by octacian » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
octacian wrote:quit being lazy and go submit a Pull Request.
Do you know how much time the developers spend trying to contribute to Minetest themselves and how much time it takes to review all these pull requests? If you want to complain about it, go through the PRs yourself, test them, and leave your feedback.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

v-rob wrote:
Linuxdirk wrote:I wonder why Mese post lamps from all fence types are not in MTG.
Why aren't all ladders and beds in MTG?
The same i suggested to one developer about adding new doors and trapdoors with different types of wood, but that developer answered "No"! It means probably it won`t be added, either! Somebody can make so mods i think.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

octacian wrote:OK, I am going to be very blunt here. The developers are not lazy, they simply forgot about it or didn't have time.
If Minetest would be pay i think development would go faster than now. Actually they just don`t want to add many things here. And thus Minetest expands for account of mods, no core engine. Many mods are really great and enough advanced because people develops them on their interest that`s why they are so.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Why does the wood on the aspen and pine lamp posts look lighter than their wooden fence counterparts?
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

GreenDimond wrote:Why does the wood on the aspen and pine lamp posts look lighter than their wooden fence counterparts?
If you look at any lighted node, then you'll notice that. I believe it's a result of not having smooth lighting on lighted nodes. I'll try to make it slightly darker to match better.

BTW, I was never complaining at the devs. They're very dedicated, and I won't complain if they forget or don't want to make a few more nodes. Have you looked at default? It's a horrible mess. Anyway, things like this can be added by mods and the devs are saved some work. Usually, I edit default myself, but I made it a mod to save others the work.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Nice idea! However, would you consider using a license like MIT instead? WTFPL is really not child-friendly and discourages the use of Minetest by younger people or in schools. Honestly, I believe WTFPL should be a disallowed license. Also, don't forget to license your media, maybe under CC-BY-SA.
Give us a fucking break!

1) I still don't get it what's the point of Minetest in schools
2) Nobody has EVER been hurt by the WTFPL
3) There is zero evidence that some words are inherently bad
4) The word “fuck” is not harmful. It is not an insult or racial slur or something like that
5) The license is child-friendly. Threre are zero restrictions to children and it does cause no harm to children whatsoever
6) Children do not even care about the license, they just want to play. Only worried parents and teachers may care. It's them who need to change, not the license
7) You are rejecting a growing body of perfectly free and sometimes quality software only because of a single word which is not even really part of the software. This is completely retarded
8) If this still doesn't convince you it's all baseless featmongering: Just relicense it yourself, it's explicitly not forbidden (that's the point!)

octacian

by octacian » Post

1) Well, it is used in some. I still don't get the point of Minecraft in schools.
2) Maybe true, maybe not. There is way too much space to allow someone to get hurt though. After all, it's not really even a valid license and misses some important clauses.
3) Yes, there is, the usage of particular words (such as the in in question) have been seen to change the behavior of children or adults who use them.
4) Then why do most of the society treat it that way?
5) Yes, it does. It teaches the children that using the word in question is fine, and therefore can change their behavior and attitude.
6) Some children do. And the parents and teachers matter. They're worried for real reasons, which I've already mentioned. They don't need to change, they're already right. Children seeing such a license in high use, would also again result in behavioral changes.
7) No, it is not. That single word means something. Everything matters and means something, no matter how little.
8) Just relicense it? Well sure, but it's not like I want to go around and fork tons of projects just to relicense and release it in order to provide a suitable solution for children. So, I'd like to turn this right back around to you. If this still doesn't convince you...

Anyways, this is probably offtopic for this thread, so, if you have anything to say, we should probably move to PM. Otherwise, I will consider the issue dealt with.

garywhite
GitHub: garywhite207
IRC: same as MT name
In-game: garywhite garywhite1

by garywhite » Post

I know this is completely off topic, but if that word is OK, then why do most television programs that use that word censor it to a beep sound?

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

[Offtopic] Unnecessary censoring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

+1! a must have in MT!
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

@octacian just because someone see's a foul word in a license doesnt mean that they automatically think its okay to say it. and if you think about it everyday people hear foul language just because someone else decides to say it doesnt mean there going to use it. besides since its children your worried about, how many of them read a mods license before using it? plus they probably woudnt even know what WTFPL stands for.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

looks very nice, i wonder why it doesn't exist in minetest game.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

this looks good!
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368