[mod] scitest - Reservoirs

ZenonSeth
GitHub: ZenonSeth
In-game: ZenonSeth ZenSeth

[mod] scitest - Reservoirs

by ZenonSeth » Post

The name is a bit misleading. Scitest is meant to be a machinery/useful items mod, with quite a big scope. But as I'm busy, the progress going to be slow.

Until then, I wanted to release the functional Reservoirs:

Reservoir:
  • Reservoirs can store liquid of any type that a bucket can.
  • They keep their content when broken and taken into inventory (as well as a text tooltip telling you content+amount)
  • Reservoirs visually display their content and level when placed, as well as with a text tooltip
  • Reservoirs can only be used and broken by owner (or anyone with protection_bypass privilege)
  • There's a special lava reservoir that emits light and has a different texture.
  • All other liquids use the water texture/reservoir (but they're actually the right liquid)
  • Steel reservoir holds 32 buckets max / Obsidian reservoir holds 128 buckets max
  • Steel/Obsidian reservoirs have their respective materials requirements to break (meaning pickaxe level)
  • To use:
    • Right click with a full bucket, if reservoir is empty or bucket content matches reservoir content, and there's enough space the bucket will be emptied into the reservoir.
    • Right click with an empty bucket, and if there's anything in the reservoir the bucket will be filled
Spoiler
Download + License (LGPLv2.1) :

https://github.com/ZenonSeth/scitest

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [mod] scitest - Reservoirs

by Chem871 » Post

I think somebody else tried to do this, as part of a challenge, but it looks very nice!
What is SCP-055?

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

Is there an API for taking/adding liquid to/from a reservoir?
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

ZenonSeth
GitHub: ZenonSeth
In-game: ZenonSeth ZenSeth

by ZenonSeth » Post

Byakuren wrote:Is there an API for taking/adding liquid to/from a reservoir?
No, there isn't. Right now it's designed to handle bucket input/output only, but this can be generalised by performing a lookup in the bucket liquid registration table. It's something I thought about too since I eventually wanted these to be accessible via other nodes. Will see when I can get it done.