[mod] Game Sounds [gen_music]

jas
IRC: Freenode

[mod] Game Sounds [gen_music]

by jas » Post

This is a simple mod with a few choice samples that plays a generative music soundtrack. It's mostly for experimenting, and I wanted to share. I've been testing positional sounds, and pitch, and fading.

If anyone has any generative music mods they'd like to share, please feel free!

Ps. License is CC0 besides xdecor_enchanting which is licensed in README file. [Only in original gen_music.zip]
PPs. I had my minetest client volume down pretty low the whole time. I didn't realize how loud this was.
PPPs. GitHub repo is at https://github.com/jastevenson303/gen_music.
Attachments
gen_music-0.01.zip
(152.11 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
gen_music.zip
(293.8 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

jas
IRC: Freenode

Re: [mod] Game Sounds [gen_music]

by jas » Post

You can now make a sequence in songname.txt and do /gs songname.txt
songname.txt has to be listed in songs.txt. You can /gs load to refresh the song list, but I haven't gotten to loading new songs yet, because I need to learn about mod security.

Later, I'll add an option to display the sound travelers, and try to sync their removal with the sound itself.

To make a song, write the instruments on the first line, like this:
default_dig_snappy,default_dig_metal,fire_fire

Then directly on the remaining lines a number corresponding to the instrument. 0 should represent a rest, or no sound. So for example:

Code: Select all

default_dig_snappy,default_dig_metal,fire_fire
Would play fire, then rest, then alternate between metal and snappy. Issuing /gs <filename> will play the sequence three times. Issuing /gs <filename> <number> will play the sequence that many times. Do /gs stop to stop playing. To reiterate, <filename> must be listed in songs.txt. songs.txt can be updated while minetest is running. I'll look into mod security and maybe /gs load newsong.txt.