[Mod] Terumetal [v2.4] (Armor, doors & more new)

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [v1.10][terumet]

by Byakuren » Post

Why would artificial light interfere with the solar heater?
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Byakuren wrote:Why would artificial light interfere with the solar heater?
because before that update players would just place bright nodes (level 14) on top of the solar heaters to generate power in the day and in the night, now doing that actually prevents the solar heaters from working
it doesn't make to much since but It was a necessary update that was needed
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

V2 of my mod is out, and it has terucopper, terugold, terusteel, teruchalcum, and coreglass armor sets that are registered if terumet is enabled.
What is SCP-055?

Terumoc
GitHub: Terumoc
In-game: Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Chem871 wrote:V2 of my mod is out, and it has terucopper, terugold, terusteel, teruchalcum, and coreglass armor sets that are registered if terumet is enabled.
Cool!! I'll check it out soon. I've been busy with some other projects and haven't had time to work on this or related things for a few weeks, but I will check it out.
Maker of Terumetal and Teruview mods at https://github.com/Terumoc

TheGreatCoffeeKing99
In-game: Coffee99

by TheGreatCoffeeKing99 » Post

Hi there. I know I'm supposed to use Github for reporting issues, but I don't have an account.
My issue is that when I load the world with Terumetal installed, the game crashes.

Code: Select all

Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\[username] \Desktop\minetest-0.4.16-win6
4\bin\..\mods\terumet\init.lua:
C:\...\mods\terumet\init.lua: No
such file or directory
Check debug.txt for details.
Due to my limited coding experience I do not know what to do without messing everything up.
Please help.
Hi. I don't have any published mods yet.

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

TheGreatCoffeeKing99 wrote:Hi there. I know I'm supposed to use Github for reporting issues, but I don't have an account.
My issue is that when I load the world with Terumetal installed, the game crashes.

Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\[username] \Desktop\minetest-0.4.16-win6
4\bin\..\mods\terumet\init.lua:
C:\...\mods\terumet\init.lua: No
such file or directory
Check debug.txt for details.
Due to my limited coding experience I do not know what to do without messing everything up.
Please help.
Hello! Sorry for the long delay in replying--you may not even be interested or have the issue anymore--but Terumetal and Minetest have been on my back burner for a while.

But I think I know what the problem is from that error, if you still needed help:

I'm assuming you downloaded https://github.com/Terumoc/terumet/archive/master.zip right?

Because I'm using github to contain everything used in development, there's much more in that file than is needed to use the mod. To just play with it, all you need to do is take the terumet folder out of the contents of the zip file and move that alone to your mods folder. All of the other stuff in the zip file (and the zip file itself) can just be deleted.

If that's what you've done and you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll try to figure out the problem :)

Terumoc

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [v2.0][terumet]

by Terumoc » Post

Just a small FYI to anyone watching the thread still: I'm trying to pick things back up now that I have time to work on modding again.

Presently I'm working on 2.1 which will update things for Minetest 5.0 since that's the future and it's coming relatively soon. I would suggest not updating past 2.0 if you have a world or server that won't be moving past Minetest 0.4.X.

Aside from updating documentation and getting up some more tutorial/showcase stuff, I'll mention later if anything really new is coming aside from polishing and the move to MT5.

Terumoc

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [v2.0][terumet]

by Terumoc » Post

v2.1 release should be out by this evening.
Changelog:
  • Version 2.1
  • Breaking Change!! Began moving the mod as a whole to the in-development Minetest 5.0.0. **It is no longer guaranteed to work in older versions like 0.4.16 or 0.4.17.x!**
  • Changed the Ore-cutting Saw use sound to be way less annoying.
  • Visibility of seeking particles of Heat Ray Emitter is now a per-machine option via a button on the interface, rather than an option of the mod overall. Time to put that control button section to good use!
  • Internal refactoring of useful 3D-relation node functions into its own "module" util3d.lua to help (*very* slightly) cut down on the size of machine.lua
  • The Solar Heater generates more heat (it is Tier 2 after all).
  • Made the default speed of the Vulcan Crystallizer a bit faster after feedback and reconsideration. [Thanks, piecubed!](https://github.com/Terumoc/terumet/issu ... -410413992)
  • Added Lava Melter, a simple but useful Tier 1 machine for creating lava in more convenient places. Provided a stone or cobblestone and a large amount of heat, the Lava Melter will melt that stone to create a lava source block in front of it (as shown by the round dispenser-looking side with orange output arrows)
  • Added Mese Garden, a Tier 2 machine that grows new Mese Crystal Shards when seeded with Mese Crystals. The garden gains efficiency at growing new shards as long as it has heat to continue working and seed crystals, but rapidly declines when missing one of those needs. When a shard is created, there is a very small chance to lose a seed crystal.
  • Added Equipment Reformer, a Tier 2 machine that can repair tools. The machine consumes ingots of terumetal alloys to store "repair material". When a valid tool is inserted that has damage, it will use that material to repair it. By default, Minetest bronze, steel, mese and diamond tools as well as all tools added by Terumetal are eligible for repair. See interop/terumet_api for how to register other mod tools as repairable. Why spend metal to repair when you can just make new tools? The unique feature of the Reformer is that any material can be used to repair any other material tool, just a ratio of more "cheaper" material required.

Terumoc

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [v2.1][terumet]

by Terumoc » Post

2.1 is up!

Remember, v2.1 and beyond are intended for Minetest 5.0 and not 0.4.x

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

They are coming....

the tuuuuuuuuuuuuuubes!!!!

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Also finally connectors to move heat more flexibly:

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Version 2.2 is released! There are a ton of new features that have been long overdue. A lot of recipes have changed since previous versions to utilize more unique items so as usual, unified_inventory for recipe listing is highly recommended.

I really need to thank IcyDiamond and Elepower for code that gave me excellent tips on conduits and joe7575 and his Techpack/tubelib for tubelib tubes which are extremely easy to implement and great for item-transfer automation.
Version 2.2 Changelog
  • Added support for Techpack's tubelib. With a Tube Support Upgrade every machine with input/output can interact as expected with Tubelib's tubes. (Just combine a tube with a blank upgrade to get one)
  • Rebalanced Furnace Heater generation and fixed a place it was rounding where it shouldn't have been. There is also now an option to alter base generation.
  • Adjusted how Speed Upgrades work and also added Speed upgrade support to the Equipment Reformer. The way they work is completely uniform across all machines now. The time remaining for processing will always be "normal" time, but with an upgrade it will decrease at the increased rate. This new system works better for internal reasons, plus now inserting/removing Speed upgrades mid-process will have an effect now! (Before speed upgrades were only taken into account if in a machine at the start of a process)
  • Several recipes have changed to use intermediate components such as a Crystal Growth Chamber or Obsidian Grit. The methods for obtaining them (see the Expansion Crusher) are also newly available.
    Terutin is now possible to alloy (with Tin only, exactly like it sounds) and is a necessary component to create the Expansion Crusher's presses as it is an alloy with exception thermal expansion properties.
  • Connectors between machines to transfer heat are finally here!
    • A Heatline Distributor is needed to act as the input and distributor for the heat energy to be sent. It acts like any other machine and can be provided heat from adjacent External Heaters, Thermoboxes, etc.
      Connect a series of Heatlines from the Distributor to any number of machines and they will be supplied heat through the lines!
    • Heatlines have a default limit of a maximum effective distance of 36 blocks. Beyond that point, nothing will be sent. Occasionally a puff of steam will be emitted from the heatline to indicate it is at its limit.
    • Heat is sent in order from nearest to farthest connected machine each tick. Far machines may be passed over if the distributor is low on heat.
    • These limitations can be changed in options.lua but they are in place for server friendliness.
    • For cosmetic purposes, you can also make Heatline Blocks from many default blocks like stone, bricks, cobblestone, and wood which act as heatlines but look like the original block (with a small visible heatline port).
  • Added Expansion Crusher, a Tier 1 machine that crushes stuff exactly like it sounds. Beyond the usual utility of turning cobblestone to gravel or sand, it also:
    • Squeezes and dry many types of vegetation (and wheat) into useful Biomatter which can be burned for fuel almost as effectively as coal. Biomatter is also useful to create Plant Glue.
    • Crush Wood Mulch from wood and tree logs, which can be used to create paper and inexpensive Pressed Wood.
    • Crush Obsidian Grit out of obsidian shards, which has replaced a few places where Obsidian or Crystallized Obsidian was once necessary.

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [v2.2][terumet]

by ManElevation » Post

Great mod but you forgot to put the depends in the mod folder, i had to add it or i couldnt run the mod
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

ManElevation wrote:Great mod but you forgot to put the depends in the mod folder, i had to add it or i couldnt run the mod
Thanks!

The depends file is no longer used in Minetest 5.0 which the new versions of the mod are for :) I can't guarantee it'll work with 0.14.X but you're welcome to try.

Minetest 5.0 uses mod.conf instead.

Sires
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

by Sires » Post

Indeed a great mod, I have to say. It's a true success when implemented on a server. Take a look at Blocky Survival for example(I added this mod there(I'm not owner but got git repo access))
I don't have anything important to say.

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Sires wrote:Indeed a great mod, I have to say. It's a true success when implemented on a server. Take a look at Blocky Survival for example(I added this mod there(I'm not owner but got git repo access))
Thanks so much!

I'm really glad to hear that! I've really only tested/used it in a singleplayer capacity so that's great to hear. I really didn't know that anybody was actively using it on a server or something and I'll check it out sometime when I have the chance. I've been a little busy the past weeks but hope to get back to Minetest soon.

Sires

by Sires » Post

The only thing I think that you could improve really is API documentation :P I pretend to make mods based on terumet but its hard to read the code myself and figure out what it does

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Yes, I can definitely agree there; I admit API related documentation and functionality has been lower priority mostly because I didn't know anyone was interested and that it's honestly not my strong suit.

I am more than happy to help out and answer any questions you might have, and also do let me know any specifics that you think need more explanation/documentation. It's actually a little difficult to know what other people might have trouble with when you're the one who knows the most about it, if that makes any sense.

My replies may not be instant, but yes, feel free to ask me anything.

Sires

by Sires » Post

Also, a thing for terumet 2.3: Shared protection :P Please ;-; I play with friends and its a pain telling them to put their stuff in their chests and crafting an extra upgrade just for them. I'd recommend you supporting areas mod, since its one of the most used. IIRC it has a canInteract function in its api that may simplify your life

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

That's one thing I haven't touched on much since I can only really test it in singleplayer.

There is a really basic "owner-only" protection system in place already but as you noted, it can be circumvented via item transfer either with the input/output upgrades or tubelib upgrade and tubes.

Can you link the specific mod you're talking about? Is it just "areas"? If it has a decent API like you suggest it shouldn't be hard to implement it (I just won't be able to test it that much myself)

Sires

by Sires » Post

viewtopic.php?t=7239 It has a nice api afaik, it shall be very simple to implement

https://github.com/ShadowNinja/areas/bl ... i.lua#L103 <<<< The can interact function

joe7575
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto wuffi

by joe7575 » Post

Perhaps I see it to simple, but you easily have to add this code, for example (Tubelib Protected Chest):

local function allow_metadata_inventory_put(pos, listname, index, stack, player)
	if minetest.is_protected(pos, player:get_player_name()) then
		return 0
	end
	return stack:get_count()
end
Sent from my Commodore 64. Some of my Mods: Tech Age, TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, vm16, Minecart, Signs Bot.

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Well I'm happy to say that it was far easier than I thought to allow the areas mod to control access to machines. In fact, for it to work properly I actually had to remove and simplify some code. I was doing machine protection a little more complicated than I really needed.

So, here's how machine protection now works:
  • There's a list of external protection mods in the options.lua file now (presently only containing "areas") under options.protection.
  • If any of these mods are active on loading, then Terumetal will NOT implement any special protection and rely on minetest.is_protected to handle access control.
  • If none of the listed mods are active, then Terumetal adds its old protection based on owner alone.
This has a major added benefit of being able to support future or other mods that implement access control via minetest.is_protected, simply by adding that mod to the list in the options. This worked out much better than having to implement a specific support for areas.

Also I finally figured out how to test multiplayer-based stuff by locally hosting and joining it with a second client, haha

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [Broken :(]

by TechNolaByte » Post

RIP
So what broke with the dev changes?
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [Broken :(]

by rubenwardy » Post

What exactly are the issues? Because there shouldn't be any API breakages apart from model changes and some really really old functions being removed
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader