[Mod] Terumetal [v2.4] (Armor, doors & more new)

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

Re: [mod] Terumetal (v1.6 update) [terumet]

by TechNolaByte » Post

Chem871 wrote:Why do thermese blocks turn into mese crystal fragments in a high-heat furnace?
I think its to prevent infinite heat by smelting thermese blocks, heating a htf then smelting them in it again
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Makes sense, though.
What is SCP-055?

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Bleaurgh, just got finished making the textures for Teruchalcum armor.
What is SCP-055?

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

idk where to put this suggestion but plz update the api to allow for machine creation and heat generation as well
because I want to add a machine to skytest that uses heat to <do set function> and have a set heat cost
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Terumoc
GitHub: Terumoc
In-game: Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Thanks for all the feedback and questions!
Chem871 wrote:Terumoc, for the purposes of making the armor, I need to know how much damage each sword does.
Let me know if these are way too high or low since I was really just guessing when I made the formulas, but currently they are:
  • Raw Terumetal = 5 (very low durability)
  • Terucopper = 3
  • Terusteel = 5
  • Terugold = 7
  • Teruchalcum = 5
  • Coreglass = 9
azekill_DIABLO wrote:that formspec! +1 be sure I will give it a try in voxellar!
Thank you! It's really pretty simple to be honest, but it gets the job done and looks nice. Let me know what you think when you do try it, and feel free to make any suggestions or bug reports here or on the github.
RSLRedstonier wrote:
Chem871 wrote:Why do thermese blocks turn into mese crystal fragments in a high-heat furnace?
I think its to prevent infinite heat by smelting thermese blocks, heating a htf then smelting them in it again
RSLRedstonier is absolutely correct. It's a bit of a lazy fix but it was a sizable exploit without an easier fix at this time. I wanted to expand options for how to generate heat beyond just lava and thermese in a vanilla furnace is a cheaper version of a proper Furnace Heater.

I *do* try to make it pretty clear that trying to heat thermese in a high-temp furnace is a bad idea.
RSLRedstonier wrote:idk where to put this suggestion but plz update the api to allow for machine creation and heat generation as well
because I want to add a machine to skytest that uses heat to <do set function> and have a set heat cost
This is a very interesting idea. While some more specific API functions could be added, I'm also thinking I could just provide an example template for how to implement your own machine as well. Keep an eye out for an update that mentions that since it shouldn't really be hard to add your own heat-based machines in dependent mods, most everything you'd need is available in the global terumet table.

(and I know I tend to do things in a way not every Minetest modder does so it's hard to look at one of the machine lua files and figure it out without guidance)
Maker of Terumetal and Teruview mods at https://github.com/Terumoc

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

The sword damages are too low, an alloy of steel with something should be stronger than actual steel, not weaker :/
What is SCP-055?

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Also, would you make it so a chest put next to a machine sucks up its output? That way, things could potentially be hopper-compatible.
What is SCP-055?

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Chem871 wrote:The sword damages are too low, an alloy of steel with something should be stronger than actual steel, not weaker :/
Can't argue with that lol. I have no idea why that ended up happening since I remember looking at the default swords, too.

In any case, I trashed the old system based on calculation from material level and just gave each alloy a set sword damage now:
  • Raw Terumetal = 8 damage
  • Terucopper = 7 damage
  • Terusteel = 8 damage
  • Teruchalcum = 9 damage
  • Terugold = 9 damage
  • Coreglass = 10 damage
These numbers are now listed in and can be easily changed in the mod's options.lua too. Assuming 2 damage = 1 heart this seems pretty good, though if you think of better defaults do let me know.
Chem871 wrote:Also, would you make it so a chest put next to a machine sucks up its output? That way, things could potentially be hopper-compatible.
I've been considering how to implement an upgrade system for machines next, this will definitely be one of the potential upgrades.

Edit: Oh and also support for tubelib should be coming sooner rather than later.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Thanks for the sword damages, now I can make the code for the armors ^_^
What is SCP-055?

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

There is no infinite ore doubling? (I hope not)

Chem871

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [v1.6][terumet]

by Chem871 » Post

You can only use an ore once, and that's to crystallize it into 2 diamonds/mese crystals.
What is SCP-055?

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Fixerol wrote:There is no infinite ore doubling? (I hope not)
in v1.6 you can double your flux by crystallizing terumetal raw lumps
in the alloy smelter 1 lump = 1 flux and 1 crystal lump = 1 flux so crystallizing the lumps gives you 2 flux per lump and breaking a alloy smelter with flux in its tank will drop it all as lumps so

1 lump + crystallization = 2 flux then breaking the machine gives 2 lumps

that gets fixed(sorta) in v1.7 by making alloy smelters not drop anything

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Chem871 wrote:Terumoc, for the purposes of making the armor, I need to know how much damage each sword does.
in skytest the bedrockium sword does like 200mil damage
its so powerful its useless

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

RSLRedstonier wrote:
in v1.6 you can double your flux by crystallizing terumetal raw lumps
in the alloy smelter 1 lump = 1 flux and 1 crystal lump = 1 flux so crystallizing the lumps gives you 2 flux per lump and breaking a alloy smelter with flux in its tank will drop it all as lumps so

1 lump + crystallization = 2 flux then breaking the machine gives 2 lumps

that gets fixed(sorta) in v1.7 by making alloy smelters not drop anything
There shouldn't be infinite ore doubling, only one time per original ore/lump.

I completely overlooked the alloy smelter dropping terumetal lumps which could be redoubled, so thanks for reporting that. It now drops crystallized terumetal which cannot be doubled again (and it lets you re-melt it later much faster & cheaper anyway which is only fair)
changelog.md wrote: Fixed duplication exploit of Terumetal via breaking Alloy Smelters and recrystallizing the dropped lumps: alloy smelter now drops crystallized terumetal instead
RSL_Redstonier, If you're still having the problem with the alloy smelter not dropping flux, it must be a mod conflict somewhere because testing the version up now it works as expected.

It's tough to figure out if you have a lot of mods, but maybe one of them is overwriting the machine's on_destruct callback?

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Terumoc wrote:It's tough to figure out if you have a lot of mods, but maybe one of them is overwriting the machine's on_destruct callback?
ok ill check to see what I can find and let people know if its a common mod

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

By the way RSLRedstonier, I just updated to a very early 1.8 which includes new API for easily creating new item processing heat machines. An example submod that shows how to use it is on the github in the "custom_sample" folder.

Let me know if you have trouble with it, I tested it with that simple example but anything more complex might show bugs that slipped through.

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Terumoc wrote:By the way RSLRedstonier, I just updated to a very early 1.8 which includes new API for easily creating new item processing heat machines. An example submod that shows how to use it is on the github in the "custom_sample" folder.

Let me know if you have trouble with it, I tested it with that simple example but anything more complex might show bugs that slipped through.
ty trying it out now

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Would you add a node that can transfer heat, and that's all it does? That way, you could have your solar heater up in the air, free of interference?
What is SCP-055?

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Nice mod, btw!

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Chem871 wrote:Would you add a node that can transfer heat, and that's all it does? That way, you could have your solar heater up in the air, free of interference?
I think this is to much like wires and not sure whether terumet is planed to go that rout but
I second this request would also allow for more that 4/5 heaters per machine
also perhaps a wireless heat transfer machine/setup to

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Fixerol wrote:Nice mod, btw!
Thanks! I'm glad, and hope that it only gets nicer.
Chem871 wrote:Would you add a node that can transfer heat, and that's all it does? That way, you could have your solar heater up in the air, free of interference?
RSLRedstonier wrote:
I think this is to much like wires and not sure whether terumet is planed to go that rout but
I second this request would also allow for more that 4/5 heaters per machine
also perhaps a wireless heat transfer machine/setup to
I originally didn't plan on doing any wiring or even any sort of "long-distance" heat transfer since I thought that was too much like every other electric voxel game mod in existence. But it's true that it would be a very nice thing to have, especially if you don't want to clutter up a space with heaters or deal with fuel items in a very advanced base or such.

It wasn't planned... BUT!
I had a great idea today rolling around that I'm going to implement as soon as I can (when work gets off my back). It'll solve the "machine light interfering with solar heaters" problem and more ;)

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Sounds exciting, can't wait!
What is SCP-055?

Chem871

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [v1.8][terumet]

by Chem871 » Post

What is the Heat-transfer device used for? The machine, not the craft-item.
What is SCP-055?

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

is it possible to make the machines added by this mod and sub mods via the API be hopper and/or pipeworks compatible?

I know its really easy to make a block hopper compatible and not sure about pipeworks though if you add hopper comp but not pipe somebody who uses both can use a chest as a station to switch from hoppers to pipe and vise versa

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Now up on the repo on Github, HEAT Ray Emitters and Reflectors are now added!

Check out a video example of two Emitters sending heat to each other repeatedly at:
https://youtu.be/VqkE9RJKJ3E

There's a bit more detail in the changelog.

This update took me a while because to I did a lot of new and more advanced stuff and work has been keeping me pretty busy lately.
RSLRedstonier wrote:is it possible to make the machines added by this mod and sub mods via the API be hopper and/or pipeworks compatible?

I know its really easy to make a block hopper compatible and not sure about pipeworks though if you add hopper comp but not pipe somebody who uses both can use a chest as a station to switch from hoppers to pipe and vise versa
This is something I've been hearing asked for a LOT, so it's probably next on the list, rolled up into the machine upgrade system I've been meaning to do.

I've got to go and research what popular item transport mods there are (I know of tubelib, which I'd like to support since it looks pretty great). As far as hoppers go, I've only seen the simple hopper mod in the forum here, and it has no API; it only supports vanilla chests.