[Mod] Crops Plus[crops]

Grizzly Adam
GitHub: Grizzly-Adam

[Mod] Crops Plus[crops]

by Grizzly Adam » Post

Crops Plus
A fork of the Crops mod by Auke Kok

Code: LGPLv2.1+, Textures: CC-BY-SA-3.0, Models: CC-BY-SA-3.0, Sounds: CC-BY-3.0 and CC-BY-1.0

https://github.com/Grizzly-Adam/Crops-Plus

Crops has always been my favourite farming mod. Recently when I decided to make my BBQ mod I needed a way to add extra ingredients into the game, so I began editing Crops to make everything obtainable.

I slowed down how fast everything grows, set the mode to easy by default and added three new crops: Garlic, Onions, and Peppers. I also added tomato sauce, watermelon juice and watermelon slush to explain what happens to the rest of the crop when the seeds are removed. The seeds are a byproduct of these crafts.

The New Crops:

Peppers

Peppers work the same as tomatoes. The seeds are peppercorns, which can be crafted with a glass bottle to make ground pepper.

Onions

Onion seeds can be planted to produce onion plants. Once the plant matures, seed pods become visible on top of the plants and onions can be seen in the soil. Cut the top off the mature onion plant to receive 1-3 seeds. Dig the onions from the soil to harvest up to 4 onions.

Garlic

Garlic is grown by planting garlic cloves. When the garlic plant reaches maturity, purple flowers appear on top and a garlic bulb can be seen emerging from the soil. The tops of the plant can then be cut away and the garlic bulb can be dug to harvest. Garlic bulbs can be divided into 9 garlic cloves. 9 garlic bulbs can be crafted into a garlic braid, which can then be placed for decoration or broken back down into 9 garlic bulbs.
Attachments
crops_plus.zip
(453.38 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (284.25 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
Last edited by Grizzly Adam on Mon Jan 22, 2018 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Mods: BBQ Mod Crops Plus

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [MOD]Crops Plus[crops]

by Andrey01 » Post

Cool!

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

by cx384 » Post

Not bad!
More corps are always welcome, but how can you get the seeds?
Can your read this?

Grizzly Adam

by Grizzly Adam » Post

Like with most of the other farming mods, use the give command to get started.

cx384

by cx384 » Post

Grizzly Adam wrote:Like with most of the other farming mods, use the give command to get started.
I don't like this technique. :-/
Can your read this?

Grizzly Adam

by Grizzly Adam » Post

I am not sure how it was done in the origianl crops, but there are the same way. I have not gobe that in-depth with it as to change the mechanism.

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

Melons and pumpkins were inserted to the mapgen and randomly spawn. Potatoes can be randomly found when you dig any type of dirt randomly.

People have suggested to add a treasure chest type of loot for rare plants, there are a few loot mods that could do this and could be used for that purpose.

cx384

by cx384 » Post

sofar wrote:Melons and pumpkins were inserted to the mapgen and randomly spawn. Potatoes can be randomly found when you dig any type of dirt randomly.

People have suggested to add a treasure chest type of loot for rare plants, there are a few loot mods that could do this and could be used for that purpose.
You can also use the dungeon_loot mod which is available in the new next minetest_game version.

Code: Select all

dungeon_loot.register(t)
(more informations)
Can your read this?

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

This is not an extension, it's a fork. An extension is a mod installed alongside another mod, whereas a fork is a modified copy of a mod distributed separately. I suggest making this mod an extension, as it's a lot cleaner, and then making the modname crops_plus
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Grizzly Adam

by Grizzly Adam » Post

cx384 wrote:
sofar wrote:Melons and pumpkins were inserted to the mapgen and randomly spawn. Potatoes can be randomly found when you dig any type of dirt randomly.

You can also use the dungeon_loot mod which is available in the new next minetest_game version.

Code: Select all

dungeon_loot.register(t)
(more informations)
I will see what I can figure out with the next release.

Grizzly Adam

by Grizzly Adam » Post

rubenwardy wrote:This is not an extension, it's a fork. An extension is a mod installed alongside another mod, whereas a fork is a modified copy of a mod distributed separately. I suggest making this mod an extension, as it's a lot cleaner, and then making the modname crops_plus
Terminology changed to "fork." I plan to do more with the original files, so I feel this is the best way to go about it.

Grizzly Adam

by Grizzly Adam » Post

OK folks, I just released a new version of BBQ, Now called Your Dad's BBQ Mod. I will now be putting focus back on this mod.

First thing, the name with be changed to something along the lines of Your Dad's Farming & Booze Mod I want to add tobacco, hops, and barley for cigar, beer, and scotch/bourbon/rum making. Also, I would like to use the existing corn to make corn cob pipes. Humidor, whiskey barrels, kegs are also items I would like to add. You know, Dad items.

I also want to make all the plants naturally occurring, so I will be trying a few different things to make that happen.

false_chicken
GitHub: falsechicken
In-game: false_chicken

by false_chicken » Post

So what is the status on getting the crops naturally in survival? Do they spawn yet?
DISCLAIMER: I am probably wrong.

Grizzly Adam

by Grizzly Adam » Post

No they do not.