[Mod] SkyBlock Redo [1.0] [skyblock]

rnd
GitHub: ac-minetest
IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

[Mod] SkyBlock Redo [1.0] [skyblock]

by rnd » Post

Features:
SkyBlock from minecraft redo with challenging, interesting quests. Included addon_mods like machines, robots, alchemy... enable rich gameplay. Simple quest making with advanced capabilities.

License: GPL
Dependencies: default, sfinv?, craftguide?
Download: https://github.com/ac-minetest/skyblock

Screenshots:

Quests using sfinv for gui

Statistics for player

Craft guide by jp
Attachments
craft.jpg
craft.jpg (67.07 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
stats.jpg
stats.jpg (41.94 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
quest.jpg
quest.jpg (41.89 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
1EvCmxbzl5KDu6XAunE1K853Lq6VVOsT

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] SkyBlock Redo [1.0] [skyblock]

by cx384 » Post

Great, once more skyblock! Finally someone did it.
I'm curious about how long it will take until someone releases the next completely new quest based mod/modpack/map/subgame.
Can your read this?

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Wow You beat me to it!
oh well I guess ill still finish mine and release it aswel
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Code: Select all

[img]https://image.ibb.co/fVYTfS/ezgif_3_9e55eec3cd_min.gif[/img]
PS found old preview at pc

u34

by u34 » Post

how do i enable addon_mods?

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

cHyper wrote:how do i enable addon_mods?
extract "addon mods.zip" to mod folder than just turn on

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Islands just delete even after correct restore of ID and protect after crash
____
update:
Quest stoped too at accounts that was online at the moment of crash

___
update:
thanx u for quick mod fixes, i appreciate it:)

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Found new problem, islands have several owners again and again
return {35, {33, 34, 22, 35, 22, 35}} --this line from _SKYBLOCK_
But id 34 is player with 4 lvl
Also quantity of islands is 39, so max id must be = 39

Possibly by the reason of this file at mod "_SKYBLOCK_" at skyblock account's folder

Unfortunately i dont know how to fix it

rnd

by rnd » Post

you must stop your server using /shutdown not just click "quit" ( thats same as crash, data doesnt save). And if you change manually with 'robots' must be careful now to add same number to id_queue like 35 in {33, 34, 22, 35, 22, 35}.

If this happen you can easily fix by setting (while server OFF) {35, {33, 34, 22, 35, 22}} - i just deleted duplicated number.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

rnd wrote:you must stop your server using /shutdown not just click "quit" ( thats same as crash, data doesnt save). And if you change manually with 'robots' must be careful now to add same number to id_queue like 35 in {33, 34, 22, 35, 22, 35}.

If this happen you can easily fix by setting (while server OFF) {35, {33, 34, 22, 35, 22}} - i just deleted duplicated number.
Its clear, i use "quit" only when server stucked/stoped.

How to setup _skyblock_ for auto detect free islands and max number of islands?
______
update: all fixed

R-One

by R-One » Post

First nice this mod, it would be cool in a game?

I am a beginner in skyblock my questions may seem stupid but I have some difficulties.

to start I am under minetest 0.4.17.1

Let's go to questions :

For water sources and lava can not be put on the platform but only on the sides of the blocks to make the stone generator? is it normal, or do I take it wrong?

when I put the block protector, it appeared under my platform? and when I dig it, it just disappeared? can you craft a new one to extend your area?

The starting node can be dig with a stone pick ... so we lose the information?

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

need to delete from mods\moreblocks crafting.lua:

minetest.register_craft({
	output = "default:chest_locked",
	type = "shapeless",
	recipe = {"default:copper_ingot", "default:chest"},
})

type = "shapeless",
	recipe = {"default:bronze_ingot", "default:chest"},
})

type = "shapeless",
	recipe = {"default:gold_ingot", "default:chest"},
})

and this:

output = "default:stone",
	type = "shapeless",
	recipe = {"default:steel_ingot", "moreblocks:coal_stone"},
})

output = "default:stone",
	type = "shapeless",
	recipe = {"default:coal_lump", "moreblocks:iron_stone"},
})

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Please don't use \ (backslash) as a directory delimeter. That's a DOS/Windows-specific idiosyncrasy, and it breaks the helloip mod on UNIX/Linux servers. Either use / (forward slash) or the Minetest DIR_DELIM global variable, I think it's called.

And please adapt your code to work within the mod security framework.

Incidentally, helloip needs more work - it crashes with the default .csv file (line 21, nil while performing math on i1 I think it was; sorry, I lost the full error text).

Furthermore, players lose their progress, inventory, island, etc. on sign-off, if they're still on level 1 (but from level 2 and up, everything is remembered). Is this intentional?

About recipes:

Please make your project work with upstream, vanilla Moreblocks. I presume you use your own copy because of this mod's recipe to craft coal ore and iron ore (whereas Moreblocks produces "coalstone" and "iron stone" instead of the ores, interfering with your mod).

To fix this, use the Minetest minetest.clear_craft() API call in your mod to erase the offending recipes, then register the correct ones, again in your mod, instead of using a modified Moreblocks.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

rnd

by rnd » Post

On windows everything works, on linux it seems some tweaks needed, like you wrote.
Furthermore, players lose their progress, inventory, island, etc. on sign-off, if they're still on level 1 (but from level 2 and up, everything is remembered). Is this intentional?
This is intentional, so that many players can come and try server but if they are not serious they are forgotten ( and island is recycled for other player)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

There seems to be a problem with tin ore - the crafting guide says to cook it to get tin lumps, but putting it in the furnace says the item is not cookable.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

rnd

by rnd » Post

fixed in new skyblock update ( along with addon mods updates, like robot, full selection box for composter, ..)

problem was: there is moreores tin and then there is default tin, now its using default

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Acknowledged the modpack conversion. However, your antigrief folder is empty, which crashes the server since it can't find an init.lua. I worked around this by just pulling a copy from your "addons" zip file that was included prior to the modpack conversion, thanks to git history. :-)

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Just tried to play the updated mod and ran into a problem which means my game will reset since the antigrief system won't let me place any liquids above 4 so I can't place the water source or the lava source. I couldn't create a stone generator which means I couldn't create the four furnaces to complete the level one quests.

Thanks for the game, I would like to play it to completion and while I could modify my game to allow this it won't let anyone else play until there is a fix in the main game. I play the game as single player but I think servers would likely have the same problem.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That's intentional, you're only allowed to place water at or below the level of your home block. Dig two holes in your island, 1 to 2 meters apart. You could dig them on opposite sides of your home block, for instance. Place your water source into one of the holes, lava into the other. You can figure out what to do next. ;-)

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

VanessaE wrote:That's intentional, you're only allowed to place water at or below the level of your home block. Dig two holes in your island, 1 to 2 meters apart. You could dig them on opposite sides of your home block, for instance. Place your water source into one of the holes, lava into the other. You can figure out what to do next. ;-)
Except that my home island is only one block thick and digging a hole for them will leave the stuff falling down below. That can cause quite a bit of lag on a slower system which I used to have.

On your island, is it more than two blocks total? I have a stone brick block and a dirt block right next to each other and nothing else. I don't know if there is any way to place a block under another block as there never used to be without the bridge mod.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That is exactly what I was suggesting. It won't cause any appreciable lag, because the fall distance is only about 30 meters.

Everyone starts with a two-meter island. The trick is figuring out how to build it up - do your quests and "level-up", as they say in role-playing games.

Tip: use the flowing, falling water to "swim" down under your island.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

VanessaE wrote:That is exactly what I was suggesting. It won't cause any appreciable lag, because the fall distance is only about 30 meters.

Everyone starts with a two-meter island. The trick is figuring out how to build it up - do your quests and "level-up", as they say in role-playing games.

Tip: use the flowing, falling water to "swim" down under your island.
Okay, will try that out. I did find another bug though. when I went back in it reset everything I built like it was supposed to but I kept everything in my inventory.

Also, when it first starts me out I fall far enough that I lose at least half my life at the very start of the game. Not sure if that is intended or not but seems to be a bug to me.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Well, if you don't reach level 2, it will reset everything -- that's intentional, it's a non-serious-n00b filter. As for losing health, that doesn't matter so early in the game, when the only thing that can hurt you after that is a fall to your death.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

VanessaE wrote:Well, if you don't reach level 2, it will reset everything -- that's intentional, it's a non-serious-n00b filter. As for losing health, that doesn't matter so early in the game, when the only thing that can hurt you after that is a fall to your death.
Yeah, but like I said it reset everything I built like it was supposed to but it left everything in my inventory. That seems like a bug as the inventory should have been cleaned out as well.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Ah right. Well, that's rnd's department. I just run a server with his modpack. :-)