This mod aims to add in the framework for platformer-like movement, examples of this would be airdashing, double jumping, wall climbing, wall jumping -and so on.
The plan is to hardcode in all the movement types as to test their logic/performance, then expand this mod into a kind of API that other mods can work off of, in such a way that say a mod could add a craftable "winged boots" item that when worn let's you double jump.
- Release v0.1 - Airdashing
- Airdash prototype is functional.
- Press your 'aux' keybind to airdash 10 blocks, it has a cooldown of 1 second.
- In theory™ it should check the area you're dashing to is valid, and change the destination accordingly.
- Issues include:
- Airdashing while looking upwards moves the destination one block higher than it should be.
- Pathfinding isn't 100% accurate so certain reasonable dashes aren't executed correctly.
- Non solid blocks other than Air can impede a dash.
CURRENT RELEASE: https://github.com/ProfanedBane/minemov ... .1-dashing
CODE LICENSE: AGPLv3 (could be subject to change if need be)
Airdash Demo - https://youtu.be/imI2iWYBnSY