jtrent238's Bag Mod

jtrent238
GitHub: jtrent238
IRC: jtrent238
In-game: jtrent238

jtrent238's Bag Mod

by jtrent238 » Post

This is my bag mod ported to Minetest (Note: Still work in progress)

Download: http://bit.ly/2F5eN6L Direct: http://bit.ly/2F6hdSJ
Github: https://github.com/jtrent238/jtrent238-s-Bag-Mod
I would like for you to click the adf.ly link, but for what ever reason you can't the direct link is there also.

My Discord:https://discord.gg/ndhwqfW

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: jtrent238's Bag Mod

by cx384 » Post

If you want you can check out my inventorybags mod.
Can your read this?

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

cx384 wrote:If you want you can check out my inventorybags mod.
But the banana bag is SOOO cool looking.
also I hate it when one of the more experienced coders makes a mod so good that when ever anybody else try's to make a similar mod they discover the better one and get disheartened and then stop the dev on that mod
diversity is nice
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

also thanks jtrent for adding a GitHub link as well
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

by cx384 » Post

RSLRedstonier wrote:
cx384 wrote:If you want you can check out my inventorybags mod.
But the banana bag is SOOO cool looking.
also I hate it when one of the more experienced coders makes a mod so good that when ever anybody else try's to make a similar mod they discover the better one and get disheartened and then stop the dev on that mod
diversity is nice
I thought my mod could serve as an inspiration and an example of how bags can work.
Well I like mod diversity and its to late I already made this mod but it's not that good, so an alternative would be nice. :)
Can your read this?

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

Please learn how to use git.
Please don't make revisions by uploading new files.
Please explicitly state the license and dependencies of the mod. (see sticky topics).
Please separate the minetest code into a separate github repo, and don't put minecraft code in the same repo.
Please describe what this mod *does*. I can see a screenshot that looks different from sfinv, but nothing explains to me what it actually does.
Please don't put zip files into git repos. What is in it anyway?

jtrent238
GitHub: jtrent238
IRC: jtrent238
In-game: jtrent238

by jtrent238 » Post

sofar wrote:Please learn how to use git.
Please don't make revisions by uploading new files.
Please explicitly state the license and dependencies of the mod. (see sticky topics).
Please separate the minetest code into a separate github repo, and don't put minecraft code in the same repo.
Please describe what this mod *does*. I can see a screenshot that looks different from sfinv, but nothing explains to me what it actually does.
Please don't put zip files into git repos. What is in it anyway?
The zip file is the current release, I plan on redoing some things later.

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

Maybe rename zip file to current release.
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

You've now posted several mods with absolutely zero functionality to the forums but are posting ad.fly links to monetize on them.

I am concluding you are both unable to understand that this looks like you're attempting to abuse players and not interested in being a good member of the minetest community, as well as avoiding to resolve the issues people point out.

You are violating copyrights, and generally being a nuisance by pretty much violating any community standard you can find.

Please get your act together. We want to help you but you're not even trying. Take a look at how other people announce their mods, how their github projects look, what licenses they choose and how they present themselves and their projects. Almost everyone is an amateur, but that's not an excuse for the amount of mistakes you're making, especially if you've been asked or told before already. If you don't understand, come join us on freenode in #minetest or ping me on IRC, and I'd be happy to help.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

One last quick word of advice: don't do 5 mods at the same time. Take 3-4 weeks to make one mod nice, and really well working, and pretty, and properly announced on the forums, and tested, before you move on to the next project. Finishing one thing and listening to feedback will make the next project easier to do. Now you have 3-5 mods that need a ton of cleaning up.