[Mod] Cucina Vegana

Clyde
GitHub: acmgit
In-game: clyde

[Mod] Cucina Vegana

by Clyde » Post

Hello,

Cucina Vegana is a new Mod for the vegan Kitchen in Minetest ;-). The Mod adds some new Plants like Soy, Parsley, Lettuce etc. and my Mod Vegan Sunflower is integrated too.
You can turn each plant on or off as you like.

The Oil is burnable, so you don't need coal for your Furnace.

The Mod needs only default but supports farming_redo from TenPlus, so the mod integrats in farming_redo.
If you have the mods Mobs or Animalmaterials installed, then you have recipes for Milk, (Soy)Meat and (Soy)Chicken.

With this Mod you have more freedom to create new recipes for food in Minetest.

Screenshots:
Soy:

Parsley:

Lettuce:

Kohlrabi:

Chives:

Rosemary:

Asparagus:

Rice:

Flax:

Peanuts:

Sunflowers:

Source:
https://github.com/acmgit/cucina_vegana.git

Release: 3.2
https://github.com/acmgit/cucina_vegana/archive/3.2.zip

Contend-DB:

https://content.minetest.net/packages/C ... na_vegana/

Depends:
dye
farming
vessels

optional
basic_materials
bbq
bees
bonemeal
bucket
building_blocks
bushes
bushes_classic
cottages
diet
farming_redo
farming_nextgen
fishing
flowers
homedecor
hunger
intllib
mobs
moreblocks
petz
pizza
ropes
technic
wine
wool

License:
LGPL 3.0

Have Fun with it and greetings
Clyde.
Last edited by Clyde on Thu Jun 08, 2023 14:24, edited 17 times in total.
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [Mod] Cucina Vegana

by Chem871 » Post

Someone made kohlrabi in minetest!
What is SCP-055?

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Really?
I was searching for such mod, but found nothing.
Maybe such a mod is running on a Server, but can't find a link for download.
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

I meant, you were the first to do so.
What is SCP-055?

Drgnrdr

by Drgnrdr » Post

Where do you get sunflowers? I haven't been able to find any in flowers mod of MTG. How do you plant sunflowers?

All the plants in this mod have to be harvested to remove. When removing the soil underneath them they hang in the air. Cannot place soil on top to destroy them either.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

@Chem871: Oh, thx, i'm not sure, that i'm the first to add kohlrabi in minetest ;-).

@Drgnrdr:
You're right, Sunflowers are part of the mod flowers_plus. Seems i've to add this plants for the case, the mod isn't available.
Hang in the air, not good, but this mod is WIP and thanks for the hints, i work on this mod again.

Update:
Technic-recipes for Compressor, Centrifuge and Extractor added.
Chives added to the mod.

Greetings, Clyde.

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

post deleted

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:
If flowers_plus isn't installed, then cucina_vegana take's their own Sunflowers, which than are farmable too.
Why don't replace or ignores cucina_vegana than the sunflowers of flowers_plus?
Simply the sunflowers of flowers_plus are sometimes like a plague: Take a look on the mod antipest or visit the Server Jungle ..... Greeting to Gundul ;-).

The Plants now nomore hangs in the air, if you dig the soil underneath, thx to Drgnrdr to the Bugreport.

Greetings Clyde.

Drgnrdr

by Drgnrdr » Post

Thanks and you're welcome.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Clyde wrote:Update:

Simply the sunflowers of flowers_plus are sometimes like a plague: Take a look on the mod antipest or visit the Server Jungle ..... Greeting to Gundul ;-).

Greetings Clyde.
sunflowers are evil and must be punished. Most evil sunflowers come from a country in
central europe, btw.

But thanks to DjZab and junglist_soldier we fought them back in Jungle.

Now we have a peaceful life again, can bbq our meat and do not fear from vegan police.

But eat whatever you like :D

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Post

Clyde wrote:Really?
I was searching for such mod, but found nothing.
Maybe such a mod is running on a Server, but can't find a link for download.
I have the idea of a vegan server, where you are not allowed to kill cows, pigs, rabbits and sheeps. If you do so, you'll get banned. ;-)

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Seems the time is come, to add imitation cheese and imitation meat ;-).
.... Soy-Meat with baked Potatoes, garnished with a Sunflower in Sunflower-Seed-Oil, served on a Plate, who wants more ...

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:
Added Rosemary as Plant.
Imitation Cheese, Meat and Fish added.
New Recipes added.

Greetings, Clyde.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:
Added Asparagus as Plant.
Asparagus-Soup, Asparagus on Sauce Hollandaise added.
Plants now switchable.

Greetings, Clyde.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:
Added Rice as Plant.
Asparagus on Rice, Bowl of Rice added.
Support for Fishing (Sushi) adeded.

Greetings, Clyde.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:
Flax added to cucina-vegana.
settingtypes.lua to easier configure added.
Support for bonemeal from Tenplus added.

Thx to ThorfinnS for the hints:
yes, flex = flax ;-).
Good idea, added settingtypes.lua added.

Greetings, Clyde.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:

Release 2.0 with more hunger (blockmen) and diet (rubbenwardy) support.
Last commit, fixed a growing problem with farming-redo (removed max.light).

Greetings, Clyde.

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Cool. Not exactly sure what changed, but growing is working right now. Earlier, they would be fine, then over time become slower and slower. (With Farming Redo.)

I could be mistaken, but for your replacements in all your paper recipes, did you mean to use:

Code: Select all

replacements = {
                    {"default:desert_stone", "default:desert_stone 4"},
                    {"bucket:bucket_water", "bucket:empty"},
                    }
instead of:

Code: Select all

replacements = {
                    {"default:desert_stone", "default:desert_stone 4"},
                    {"bucket:bucket_water", "bucket:bucket_empty"},
                    }
As is, the empty bucket is returned as an unknown item.

[EDIT]
In case you were wondering, yes I did test it, at least with cobble and stone. I didn't have desert cobble or whatnot to try. There are 8 of them, in recipes.lua.
[/EDIT]

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Shame on me, you're right, ThorfinnS. Seems there was the copy'n'paste-devil at work ;-).
I fixed and tested it now, it works correct and gives you the stone and empty buckets back.
Now the 2.0 Release is the fixed version and should work fine.

Yes, in Redo was a problem, that i've given a parameter of maximum light to the plants. My parameter was different as the the value in farming redo is checking, so the plants growed only in the twilight, when the exact light was reached, for example 12, and this is only 2 times a day. As i removed my parameter at the plants, all was working fine again.
Tested on the server Silicon Village.

Thanks a lot, ThorfinnS and
greetings, Clyde.

ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

That's what I noticed. Things like flax would go to the next step at dawn and/or dusk, and nothing else. Though I could get some crops to change by surrounding them with torches. (Yes, I read the code to figure that out.) And the max light explains why some had trouble around MAX_LIGHT entities.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about Redo's min/max light that is not currently used. I'm guessing the extra conditionals will slow things down, particularly if you use some of the massive plots I've seen in screenshots. Still not sure the best way to deal with it, but still pondering...

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Right, this was, why i removed the parameter max_light, so that the crops only have a minimal need of light, this was the behavior what i want in this mod ;-).

For me the using of min_light and max_light make sense for crops like mushrooms. They don't grow, if they
are full in the sun, but don't grow without light. Or for example most kinds of ferns.

Greetings Clyde.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:

Fixed wrong registration at the mod diet from rubbenwardy.
Some food and dinners were poison, what of course not have to be.

Greetings,
Clyde.

ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Ah. Been meaning to get Diet going, but it's been pretty low on my list. Good thing, I guess. ;) Ideally, I'd like to code the opposite of Diet -- bonus for varied diet rather than punishing a homogeneous one.

I believe the scarcity numbers as described in settingtypes are reversed. A higher number (closer to 1) is more common. I think making rice .004 or so is a great plenty rare, because visibility and movement is so limited in the jungle. All the rest of your defaults are good, IMO. It's not too difficult to get everything but rice, and flax is easy, which is great if you use bags and ropes. Rice-based meals are hard to come by at .0007, though. There's probably 200 man-hours on the server running defaults, and no one has found rice yet. The server with rice at .007 found several in the first man-hour or two.

Thanks for all your effort!

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:
Version 2.1. (Not released.)
Changed the rartiy of rice to 0.005. Easier to find in the jungle.
Added the flag dig_immediate to all plants.
ThorfinnS wrote:Ah. Been meaning to get Diet going, but it's been pretty low on my list. Good thing, I guess. ;) Ideally, I'd like to code the opposite of Diet -- bonus for varied diet rather than punishing a homogeneous one.
Yes, cucina_vegana supports the mod diet, but i've to say, i like the idea with the bonus. I will set this idea to the todo-list ;-).
ThorfinnS wrote: I believe the scarcity numbers as described in settingtypes are reversed. A higher number (closer to 1) is more common. I think making rice .004 or so is a great plenty rare, because visibility and movement is so limited in the jungle. All the rest of your defaults are good, IMO. It's not too difficult to get everything but rice, and flax is easy, which is great if you use bags and ropes. Rice-based meals are hard to come by at .0007, though. There's probably 200 man-hours on the server running defaults, and no one has found rice yet. The server with rice at .007 found several in the first man-hour or two.
i agree with you, it's really hard to find rice and if it's not enough, rice grows in deep jungle too. I have changed the value to 0.005, the mod should make fun and should not be a puzzle-game ;-).
ThorfinnS wrote:Thanks for all your effort!
I thank you for your valueable comments and reports. It helps a lot at the development of the mod.

Greetings, Clyde.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:
Version 2.2

Peanuts added.
Peanuts to roast available.
Peanutbutter and peanutoil added.
Better support for technic and farming.
Fixed some recipes, which were in farming_redo available and not in vanilla farming.

Greetings, Clyde.