[Mod] Cucina Vegana

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

Re: [Mod] Cucina Vegana

by ThorfinnS » Post

Nice. I like how obvious peanuts are when they hit the last growth stage. Kind of like the rice in that respect.

If you are interested in the feedback, I changed asparagus scarcity to .007 I had it at .01 for a while,but some of the players wanted it a little harder to find. Part of the reason it needs to be turned up so high is we are using runs' Cool Trees. Much of what would have been apple and aspen are now birch and bamboo, a chestnut here and there, so suitable sites are few and far between. I take it there was a reason you did not want to use group:tree?

Mushroom light? I'll have to check it out!

Clyde
GitHub: acmgit
In-game: clyde

by Clyde » Post

Hello ThorfinnS,

of course i'm very interested in feedback, it helps me to keep the balance in this mod.
Yes, i preferred some trees, where the plants spawn, so that the plants grows only in certain areas.

The reason is, you need mushrooms for the pizza funghi and mushrooms don't grow like the other crops.
Mushrooms need special conditions to spread like flowers, but the difference is the light what they need.
They spread only in a lightlevel between 0 and 3 at noon.
They exist in a lightlevel between 0 and 14.
They disappear in a lightlevel of 15.

Next what they need is wood and soil (default:dirt is enough) next to them and at last air above.

So it's possible to breed the mushrooms. What you need, is a dark room, soil on the floor and a some wooden trunks. Then from time to time the Mushroom spreads. The problem now is, if i build around this patch, it's dark, very dark (lightlevel 0). Yes, it would work but you can't see anything.
The mushroomlight is now a light with lightlevel 3, enough for you to see something and enough for the mushrooms to grow.
I tested this at my Server, it works awesome (Silicon Village).

Greetings, Clyde.
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:
Version 2.3

New Release.
Recipe for cotton added.
Mushroom_light added. A special light to cultivate mushrooms.
Spreading for Asparagus changed.
Support for Petz added.
Function group_add available to better support foreign nodes.
Replaced function minetest.override_item with cucina_vegana.add_group for better compatibility.
Settings now configurable about Main-Menu or minetest.conf.
Rice grows on default:dirt_with_grass too.

Greetings, Clyde.
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:
Version 2.4

New Release.
Fix replacement #s in recipes #3 by fluxionary.
Ingame Translation-Support added.
Changed flax to flax_roasted, fixed Problem in default with flax.
Added recipe for edamame.
Changed recipes for oils with groups.
Changed the recipes for plates (prevent recipe-collisions).
Support for dreamcatcher (petz) added.
Ducky-Feather (petz) craftable.
Added more support for homedecor with recipes of blinds.
Fixed recipe-collision between buildingblocks:towel and cottages:rope.
Fixed typo with farming-default-mode.
default:blueberries added to group food_blueberry and food_blueberries.
bushes:blueberries added to group food_blueberries.
Function add_group is doing nothing if the item is unknown.

Greetings, Clyde.

uwu666

by uwu666 » Post

thanks for this!! :)
cdb_71b6f99a808c

ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

I can't see where signs_bot got assigned. Maybe it's support for the techage mod?
Spoiler
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at ...es\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/kohlrabi_redo.lua:157
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at C:\games\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/flax_redo.lua:137
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at ...es\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/rosemary_redo.lua:144
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at C:\games\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/rice_redo.lua:143
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at ...mes\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/parsley_redo.lua:147
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at C:\games\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/soy_redo.lua:177
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at ...mes\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/lettuce_redo.lua:147
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at ...ames\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/peanut_redo.lua:138
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at ...ames\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/chives_redo.lua:134
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at ...s\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/sunflower_redo.lua:139
2020-05-22 19:23:09: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "signs_bot" accessed at ...s\mt\latest\bin\..\mods\cucina_vegana/asparagus_redo.lua:143
Seeds plant on soil_wet (I think it's called) but will not sprout. If I enable bonemeal, I can use it on the seeds, and they will grow normally once sprouted.

---

Using 5.2 official release. 5.3 looks like it's going to be a real headache. Lots of resources look to have been renamed. Or maybe the methods accessing them are different.

ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Bringing this to the top. Still an issue.

[cucina_vegana] all on its lonesome (default farming) works. You plant the seed and some time later, it sprouts.

[farming] (redo) also works, albeit a little differently. You plant the seed and it immediately sprouts.

Put the two together. Plant the seed, and it remains a seed in [cv], while it is immediately sprouted in [fr]. Upshot of which is that the [cv] seed never sprouts. A workaround is to use [fertilizer], and force the [cv] seed into a seedling, and then it matures properly.

Maybe the [cv] for [redo] code needs to immediately sprout?

Using a fresh minetest 5.3.0, and latest clone from both [cv] and [farming] (redo). Nothing else even in the mods directory except for the mods_here.txt file.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Hello and sorry for the late answer,
i was the last time not here.

Yes, Cucina-Vegana has the support for the signs_bot from https://github.com/joe7575/signs_bot, or should have it.
I'm testing again, because i know at my last experiences, there were some trouble with the mod.

The bot's has worked fine, but the seeds are not sprouting.

The reason why cucina-vegana is splitted, that it don't work well with the code of default-farming, when you use farming_redo instead.
The seeds were on the ground, but don't sprouts. Don't know why. Then i found the way, to start in farming_redo with stage 1 and the plant's were growing. So i splitted it into both versions. A not very clean solution, but a solution.

I have to test it to see if it is still behaves. But for the first, i have to look at the sign-bots ;-).

Greetings, Clyde.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Hello ThorfinnS,

the problem with registering at signs_bot should now be fixed. Please update your version.

The problem was: i tried to register with register_sign_bot.
This function doesn't exists, it's: register_signs_bot.

You know, lazy programmer uses copy & paste ... ;-).
Greetings, Clyde.

ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Oh, ok. Thanks!

I did not notice that you had added the option in settingtypes.txt. Not until I took the time to run through the code. If anyone else is running into this, hop over to settings tab, and change the setting within the [cv] mod.

[EDIT]
Hey, just got to thinking, is there a circumstance in which if [Farming] (Redo) is installed that you do not want to start at crop_1 instead of crop_seed? Only thing I can think of is if you wanted to require fertilization for growing crops. But if you don't have [bonemeal] enabled, you are just SOL.

What I'm getting at is if you use the same logic you use to determine if [Farming] (Redo) is installed to determine the starting point rather than counting on that being handled through settingtypes.txt? I have no idea if my situation is typical, but we have situations where the same box is running more than one game, which means they all need the same settingtypes.txt, not an option if one is running Redo and another is not.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

These settings have been around a little longer, but ok. It was the idea to give the admin's or player the chance, to let start the growing at stage 1 instead as seed.
Because, if someone has trouble with other mods, so this people has the chance to use cucina_vegana again.

Cucina_vegana registers their crops with the register-function in farming mod. In vanilla, it works fine. Than i installed farming_redo and found, the seeds don't sprout, allthough the register-function of farming_redo should be compatible with the vanilla register of farming.
But take a look, in vanilla the seeds named for example: farming:seed_asparagus,
in farming_redo it has the name: farming:asparagus_seed.
When you try to start in farming_redo with the seed, you will see, they never sprout. But i have to say, this was long time ago and the mod works in this forked state fine, so i developed it again.

To handle both mods in one is more complicated as you split the mod in both ways. And it's easier to maintain.

Greetings, Clyde.

Eris
IRC: definitelya Ovalo
In-game: Eris_still_crafts

by Eris » Post

Hi fellow italian!
I would like this mod to work on the game "The Realtest Game" (realtest_mt5) by Wuzzy, if it's not too much work ofc.

On a clean install of the game on minetest 5.5.0-dev, having provided a /worldmods folder with cucina_vegana and vessels to satisfy dependencies, the world crashes first with:

Code: Select all

WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "farming" accessed at .../cucina_vegana TEST/worldmods/cucina_vegana/init.lua:54
ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/hebought/Games/Minetest/minetest-5.5.0-dev/bin/../worlds/cucina_vegana TEST/worldmods/cucina_vegana/init.lua:
ERROR[Main]: .../cucina_vegana TEST/worldmods/cucina_vegana/init.lua:54: attempt to index global 'farming' (a nil value)
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]: 	.../cucina_vegana TEST/worldmods/cucina_vegana/init.lua:54: in main chunk
ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
Then, after uncommenting lines 54-58, another fatal error pops up:

Code: Select all

WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "farming" accessed at ...vegana TEST/worldmods/cucina_vegana/flax_default.lua:15
ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/hebought/Games/Minetest/minetest-5.5.0-dev/bin/../worlds/cucina_vegana TEST/worldmods/cucina_vegana/init.lua:
ERROR[Main]: ...vegana TEST/worldmods/cucina_vegana/flax_default.lua:15: attempt to index global 'farming' (a nil value)
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]: 	...vegana TEST/worldmods/cucina_vegana/flax_default.lua:15: in main chunk
ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'dofile'
ERROR[Main]: 	.../cucina_vegana TEST/worldmods/cucina_vegana/init.lua:93: in main chunk
ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

This second one happens with more plants' ..._default.lua files if I try to uncomment the offending lines.
Thanks again for the awesome culinary mod! I hope you'll be able to help me.

Cordialmente, Eris
Jump in the caac

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Hmm, for me it looks like, you have an unsatisfied depend.
Is the mod farming from the default-game installed?

Eris
IRC: definitelya Ovalo
In-game: Eris_still_crafts

by Eris » Post

Clyde wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 09:25
Hmm, for me it looks like, you have an unsatisfied depend.
Is the mod farming from the default-game installed?
Exactly, the farming mod was changed by the game, I just got tripped up, sorry.
The same happened with farming_plus, which Wuzzy ended up removing from the optional depends list.
It's all good. ^^
Jump in the caac

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:

Thanks to Bastrabun for reporting:

I've fixed a small Bug in the mod, were you got back some unknown items.
Please update to the last Version on Github.

Greetings, Clyde.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:

Thanks to maze-80 for the Pull-Request: The bonemeal-list is now always filled for support of the maidroid mod.
Updates on Signs-Bot. Registering Plants has changed.
Updates Petz, imitation meet is now eatable, when you're a werewolf.

Greetings, Petz.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:

Version 3.0 has released.

Added following crops:

Banana
Carrot
Chili
Garlic
Onion
Potato
Tomato

Greetings, Clyde.

doria
GitHub: doria
IRC: doria
In-game: doria

by doria » Post

If you place a brown mulch on the banana at level 6 it causes the server to shut down.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Thanks for report, do you have an crash-report?
This makes for me easier to find the problem.

doria

by doria » Post

ERROR[MAIN] : ServerError: AsyncErr: Server Thread:: run Lua: "cucina_vegana:banana_6" is not a registered node!

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

This is very strange, do you have the release from 2022-02-15?
In this release, the banana has 8 steps.

I remember this misttake, but this should be fixed, there was the banana with only 6 steps. Must be one of the first release.

Greetings, Clyde.

doria

by doria » Post

Thank you.
We plan check this weekend and plan to come back and edit this comment.

doria

by doria » Post

the latest version on github was downloaded today and it still shut down the server. I got the same message as before.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

What is the mod you use, bonemeal?
Interresting ist, that cuicina_vegana:banana_6 have to be a node.
Because you will not be able to see the stage 6 when your plants grow.

Greetings, Clyde.

Edit:
Try to download the last version from github and please told me, if this problem
is now fixed or not.
I found indeet some troubles with step 6 in the bananas.

Greetings, Clyde.

doria

by doria » Post

I used the brown Mulch (bonemeal:mulch)