[Mod] Tunneltest [tunneltest]

matyilona200
GitHub: matyilona

[Mod] Tunneltest [tunneltest]

by matyilona200 » Post

Adds tools for digging tunnels. The tunneler tool has a GUI made up by HUD and Fromspec to specify the shape of the are to be dug out. The GUI is accessible via right click. The types of the tool, and their properties (recipe, area, speed, etc.) are defined in a config file, and are easily customizable.
The recipe for the tunneler is:
S S S
S | X
X | X
where S is stone, tree or steel block and | is a stick.

I made it mostly to see how modding works, and to make building easier.
Screenshot:

Licence: GPL v2, textures: CC-BY-SA
Dependencies: default
Github: https://github.com/matyilona/tunneltest/tree/master
Download: https://github.com/matyilona/tunneltest ... master.zip
Last edited by matyilona200 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: [Mod] Tunneltest [tunneltest]

by Linuxdirk » Post

Digtron lite? :)

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

looks nice
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Lord_Vlad

by Lord_Vlad » Post

Gets problems with falling blocks :

Code: Select all

2018-05-28 00:17:16: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '*builtin*' in callback luaentity_Step(): /home/william/.minetest/mods/tunneltest/init.lua:85: attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)
2018-05-28 00:17:16: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-05-28 00:17:16: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/william/.minetest/mods/tunneltest/init.lua:85: in function 'callback'
2018-05-28 00:17:16: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/falling.lua:103: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/falling.lua:53>
It crashes and I have to disable it, launch the game, and re-enable it, for it to work again, every-time a block falls... rather annoying.

matyilona200

by matyilona200 » Post

I had time to work on this a bit more. Now it has multiple types of tunnelers, all defined in a config file.
Lord_Vlad wrote:Gets problems with falling blocks
I did most of my testing in a desert, and have not been able to recreate the crashes, can you give more details, does it still happen with this version?

Lord_Vlad

by Lord_Vlad » Post

It does still happen with this version, and I would rather say it happens when a block falls and an item is therefore created on the ground (happens when falling on a torch and also when large chuncks fall.

I use a lot of mods so I tried it with no other active mods and it still does the same.
Other than that I'm running it on minetest 0.4.16 on Archlinux.

matyilona200

by matyilona200 » Post

It seems when sand falls on a torch, on_dignode is called with player=nil. Should be fine now.

Cage

by Cage » Post

I can confirm the falling block problem. It's kind of a random problem with falling blocks and when it happens game crashes. You might want to get with the author of the other tunneling mod for the cure.

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from 'default' in callback luaentity_Step():/.Minetest/mods/tunneltest/tunneeler.lua:126: attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
/.minetest/modes/tunneltest/tunneler/lua:126:in funtion 'callback'
/usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/gam/falling.lua:103 in function </usr/share/games mintest buildin/game/falling.lua:53>

Cage

by Cage » Post

The name of the other tunnel mod is TunnelMaker.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20159#p319255

That mod works really well and your mod has great potential because of the different types of digging that can be done with your mod.

Lord_Vlad

by Lord_Vlad » Post

Just hoping that this isn't dead... There is still a small problem with this mod : if the block above the one digged is subject to gravity, regardless of how you dig, it will be preserved and most likely fall on the ground.