[mod] AirSword [1.0] [airsword]

csirolli

GitHub: ChristianSirolli
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

[mod] AirSword [1.0] [airsword]

by csirolli » Fri Jun 01, 2018 03:54

The legendary AirSword, in code that is visible (but not recommended to be viewed). The AirSword (along with its partner, the Hot AirSword) is indeed the most powerful weapon known to MineTest. It can dig almost any block quickly and with ease (with the exception of the cottages mod's wagon wheel, still trying to work this out).

For most mobs and players, this is a one-hit-kill weapon; however, there is a mob mentioned by archfan7411 on Discord called a Borg, it is yet to be released but has an HP higher than 1000. The AirSword should be able to eliminate it with a few hits, while the Hot AirSword most definitely will be able to kill it with one hard swing.

To collect air for crafting the swords, one must use the Air Catcher, or use the cheat command "/giveme air 3" (if they have the give privilege). To make the Hot Air Sword, either cook Air or an AirSword in a furnace. One Air takes 20 seconds to cook and the AirSword takes 1 minute (60 seconds) to cook. So make sure you have enough fuel.

The Hot AirSword shines bright on wield, and is 1000 times more powerful in every way than the normal AirSword. Not that it makes much difference.

The code is derived from a diamond sword, and modified to fit the description of the legendary AirSword. Textures for AirSword are also derived from diamond sword texture, and the main one is a combination of the air texture with the diamond sword texture. The Air Catcher texture is based off of the farming lasso texture. The code that makes the Hot AirSword shine on wield comes from the Wielded Light mod and is adapted to solely serve the Hot AirSword.

All code and textures are under the GPL-3.0 license.

See screenshots for craft recipes.

Further features will/may include:
  • Hot AirSword starts fire around object hit
  • AirSwords made with different quality types of Air have different strengths and abilities
  • Potentially an Air Pick and an Air Bow. I likely won't make the Air Pick since the Air Sword makes it useless.
  • Air Scroll containing Secret Information about the AirSword and its origins (?).
  • AirSwords may create Air Blasts that can push players and mobs away.
  • Having an AirSword gives owner Fly privilege.

Download: https://github.com/ChristianSirolli/AirSword/archive/master.zip
Source Code: https://github.com/ChristianSirolli/AirSword
Depends:
  • farming?
  • fire?
Screenshots:
+ Spoiler

Quotes about the AirSword
+ Spoiler
Jesus is the only Way to heaven, the only saving Truth, and the only Life that is worth living.

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: [mod] AirSword [1.0] [airsword]

by TumeniNodes » Fri Jun 01, 2018 05:36

csirolli wrote:The legendary AirSword, in code that is visible (but not recommended to be viewed). The AirSword (along with its partner, the Hot AirSword) is indeed the most powerful weapon known to MineTest. It can dig almost any block quickly and with ease (with the exception of the cottages mod's wagon wheel, still trying to work this out).

Psh, a futile attempt at deception.

One who possesses a true air sword, can render this toy useless, and destroy the imposter which wields it.

Proceed with caution..., for you have been marked.

That said..., this will do for those who have not the knowledge, skill, nor honorable, and purist of intentions, to craft and wield a true air sword.
Good show. At least now lowly peasants will not feel left out.
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder.

Chem871

GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Nyx Serris

by Chem871 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 13:34

If this doesn't work on admin armor, it's not the air sword.
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.

csirolli

by csirolli » Fri Jun 01, 2018 13:59

Chem871 wrote:If this doesn't work on admin armor, it's not the air sword.

I haven't had the chance to try it with real people, but I gave an AliveAI NPC admin armor (full set, with shield) and the airsword destroyed it with 1 hit.
Jesus is the only Way to heaven, the only saving Truth, and the only Life that is worth living.

RSLRedstonier

GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

by RSLRedstonier » Fri Jun 01, 2018 22:28

csirolli wrote:
Chem871 wrote:If this doesn't work on admin armor, it's not the air sword.

I haven't had the chance to try it with real people, but I gave an AliveAI NPC admin armor (full set, with shield) and the airsword destroyed it with 1 hit.

good luck facing off against a full set of neptonium armor which actually has better raw stats then the admin armor set. plus it gives several perks such as flying. you cant hit what you cant ... hit.
you can find it in my skytest mod. oh, also it requires a full set of admin armor to craft.
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568

csirolli

by csirolli » Fri Jun 01, 2018 23:37

Thanks for the challenge.

Return to WIP Mods