[Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

Re: [Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Best I've noticed after a ton of logging and on/off events is that - just for clarity im turning it off by pulling out the fuel rod:
  • Occasionally my out cold coolant pump will flicker to hot coolant and then back to cold, not sure why thats happening but no hot coolant actually gets shifted to the reactor fluid in port.
  • My steam output always appears maxed out for steam pumping when things are turned on.
I tried moving my coolant pump from top to side output and still seems fairly stable although I've run that for less time, it is the one doing the strange hot/cold coolant flickering but it dosent happen very often. So long as you dont mind if you can share the save game file i'd like to give it a try to see if i can replicate the issue using it. I'll keep trying different combos of pumps and coolant on/off close minetest reopen etc

I also fixed powercells they will now function standalone with a machine so long as they are charged.

Edit: Forgot to say I also tried the flood light fix and the light beam still moves but the node model dosen't eg with orginal code this this 45 degrees +20 degrees up, I only have 1 twisted model per angle and its not actual 45 degree twist more like 30 and 15 up:

EDIT
I had my afluids and bfluids around the wrong way what i get for reading code late last night, sent me off on a wild goose bug hunt tonight. Anyways if i've finally followed this correctly through all the nested functions between, nuclear, node_io and fluid_lib then the status accuracy for fluid_pumps should be greatly improved.

Im still trying to hunt down were the code checks a little more accuratly tha a node wants a certain fluid, plenty of approximate checks that the recieving node has the correct fluid buffer. But im yet to find were it actually confirms its an input buffer not output....I have confirmed it works that way just cant find the code in the nested function chain that does that check....more for my knowledge as its bugging me i cant find it :).
Attachments
flood_twist.png
flood_twist.png (34.51 KiB) Viewed 2897 times

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Slowly getting there with the de-integrating so ele can be more easily used for non-MTG games. I'm using MCL2 as my test bed for de-intgration and then re-integration

I have it at least "loading" now in MCL2:

The above has numerous issues with the machine UI's etc, mostly as I havent located all MCL2 files, buckets are also not fully integrated so cauldrons are broken and no way to pickup nether lava. Anyways still happy it works and power flows and machines run, I'll sort out those other issues as game specific customisation and make them easier to config.

Ontop of the above I can also see it would best if elepower had its own internal fallback for all the metals it needs, sure make them overidable but at least they are there. I didnt realise MCL2 only has iron/gold and I can see other games doing the same, so I'll need fallback metals/ores and lumps...I also need to rename mese to somethign like special_rare_gem or something in the config.

Lastly an image override mod, which loads last almost like a game specific texture pack were games can overwrite the generic images with images that fit better with the game MCL2 has a very specific style for example, even different from base MTG.

basically coming along but a fair bit of work to do, When I get this wrapped ele will support MTG and MCL2 out of the box with the option to more easily config for other games.
Attachments
screenshot_20211002_135316.png
screenshot_20211002_135316.png (212.59 KiB) Viewed 2897 times

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Just small update to say I am working away on the next version of Elepower which is about de-integrating it with MTG and making it easier to configure with non MTG games. This also meant updating fluid_lib

I've added a project board to github and update task items on there so if your curious whats going on feel free to check there as well:
https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/elepower/projects/1

After I got ele working in mineclone (roughly) I've been working on tidy up, settings creation. It has been really tough de-integrating from MTG as how far do you go? I decided to go rather far which has created a fair bit of work, and extra settings. For the moment I haven't included the settings under the mods>>settings inside the UI there are just to many things to config
  • General Item/node/Sounds Settings - Dirt, wood, dig sound etc
  • Specific Ele ore/metal/gem settings:
    • enable disable ores
    • configure alloys/metals
    • alias metal names eg change copper to dwarf
    • tools/armor - enable/disable
    • option to use ele's lump-gem/ingot/block/ore texture for all not just those it registers for visual consistency
  • Easier tool config file - this meant rewriting the way ele registers tools
  • Easier armor config file - this meant rewriting the way ele registers armors
  • Inbuilt support for 3 texture sizes 8px,16px,32px - more so I can support Minipeli/MTG/Mineclone2 out of the box but this could be extended to add more groups later.
  • Individual machine enable/disable settings in master file (these I will probably add to mod>>settings)
  • Tree Fluid and cutter name files for config
  • Lastly option to enable a fallback component of ele for initial testing this will add:
    • Simple tree
    • stick/wood
    • 3 flowers Red, Green, Blue and dye recipe
    • generic seed item
I'm using Minipeli as the bare minimum type game ele will support so the assumption being the base game has simple items like stone, water, lava, sand, dirt at least 1 biome and conforms to the crafting grid type game - I say "sand" and "dirt" but that's more for convenience it's more like "ground substrate 1" and ground substrate 2".

I'm not finished but I am into the "easier" items now so I'm hoping I'll wrap up the code soon and then get into some testing.

meise21

by meise21 » Post

hi,
today we noticed that the harvester is producing sludge as a by product. Is there anything that you can do with that. e.g. convert it to something else, input it in a machine, get rid of it automatically,...?

bye,
markus

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

meise21 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 05:51
hi,
today we noticed that the harvester is producing sludge as a by product. Is there anything that you can do with that. e.g. convert it to something else, input it in a machine, get rid of it automatically,...?

bye,
markus
Give the "Fluid Trash Can" a shot :)

meise21

by meise21 » Post

Thanks will do🙂

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Working my way through Minipeli testing to make sure I've missed nothing. This wont win any design awards but I was playing around while testing. It is strange and oddly fun building with such a restricted block choice :). picked up a number of issues while testing so far which i've corrected. It's looking good although some tests still to go.

Tulips (Primary Colors only), Tree/wood , Rock on ground (flint) and Stone Brick all come from the elepower fallback mod I've added to ele - it adds some other critical components as well.

edit: Should have mentioned thats showing the ele 8x8px textures as those fit in with minipeli.

Attachments
screenshot_minipeli_day_night.png
screenshot_minipeli_day_night.png (349.3 KiB) Viewed 2897 times

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Been a little busy building irl garden beds, still ive managed to do a little work over the week/end. I've got mcl2 UI's working and integrating the graphic look/feel now. The below screenshot also shows the general machine UI cleanup I've been doing at the same time.

Attachments
mcl2_inventory_example.png
mcl2_inventory_example.png (38.82 KiB) Viewed 2897 times

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

I've never played with this mod, but I have to say it's looking very clean and professional lately. Looks like it's developing a cohesive style.

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

freshreplicant wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 23:17
I've never played with this mod, but I have to say it's looking very clean and professional lately. Looks like it's developing a cohesive style.
Thanks really appreciate the feedback :)

Minor update just to say I'm still working along, Think I finally got all the quirks in Mineclone2 resolved and working fingers crossed.

Working my way through updating the readme a fair bit of info to add - 4000 words so far and about halfway done. I'm only including the main config changes and how to config for a new game and adding I think 2 API references at this point. Need those for game config, anyways more an update so anyone following along knows I'm still working away.

Doco's not exactly my favorite thing to do but without it no-one will know how to setup elepower for another game....well not without a lot of trial, error and frustration.
Attachments
readme_md.PNG
readme_md.PNG (29.59 KiB) Viewed 2897 times

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Hi.

After installation of the modpack from contentdb and starting a new game with only minimal number of mods enabled I got an error:

Code: Select all

2022-01-10 06:02:18: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "elepm" accessed at ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_lighting/i_crafting.lua:68
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/sfence/.minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_lighting/init.lua:
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_lighting/i_crafting.lua:68: attempt to index global 'elepm' (a nil value)
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]:       ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_lighting/i_crafting.lua:68: in main chunk
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'dofile'
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]:       ...fence/.minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_lighting/init.lua:30: in main chunk
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
When I disable mod elepower_lighting from modpack, game started normally.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

AmyMoriyama
GitHub: AmyMoriyama

by AmyMoriyama » Post

sirrobzeroone wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:16
For reasons unknown (maybe I'm doing it wrong?), right clicking water with acidic compound does nothing.

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Works started to settle a bit again so i can start looking at this mod again. Sorry for the abscence I thought it would be weeks turned into Months....

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

hi does this mod by any chance have radioactive elements that damage the player while mining ? ( the puplic mine on Zeitsprung The Legend Continues server has a spot where something idk what is damaging the player )
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

c56 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 04:17
hi does this mod by any chance have radioactive elements that damage the player while mining ? ( the puplic mine on Zeitsprung The Legend Continues server has a spot where something idk what is damaging the player )
Not as in stand close and get damged, you would have to swim in the melt down green-goo. I can't actually think of anything in elepower that would damage someone just by being near it.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

c56 wrote:
That server has technic_worldgen which adds uranium ore that causes damage when a few blocks from it.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

auouymous wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 06:47
c56 wrote:
That server has technic_worldgen which adds uranium ore that causes damage when a few blocks from it.
i disabled the whole readiation damage code from technic and disabling occular network fixed the issue (replaced it with lwcomponents ) thx for your help though
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

Linrox
GitHub: Linrox
In-game: Linrox

by Linrox » Post

I think i am missing some info.
Trying to make a elepower compressor, but the recipe needs bronze plates (made in a compressor) for the pistons.
So how to i make a machine when the same machine is needed to make a part for that machine.
Confused?
cdb_069adb3b3c99

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Linrox wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 08:10
Trying to make a elepower compressor, but the recipe needs bronze plates (made in a compressor) for the pistons.
So how to i make a machine when the same machine is needed to make a part for that machine.
Confused?
Sorry for the slow reply my work has suddenly got very busy not much spare time. I'll have a look at the recipe. I'm about half-way through reviewing the work I'd already done and rolling in a lot of fixes along the way. I'll add the above in.

Chris

by Chris » Post

It seems that the wiki of this mod is offline.

HighPopes
GitHub: HighPopes

by HighPopes » Post

Pump problems:

I am trying to auto fuel the lava generator from elepower. I'm using craftable lava mod to make lava buckets. I'm using pipeworks deployer to set lava sources.

Elepowers pump will not pickup the lava source as it is looking into the ground for source blocks. I can deploy lava on the pump shaft thing. Perhaps check it for sources as well. If anyone has a fix message me

Awkanimus
GitHub: Awkanimus
In-game: Awkanimus

by Awkanimus » Post

Found one typo which stops acidic_compound from being used on water, and fixed a nil error when opening the windmill tome entry when elepower is one of the only mods running; I've submitted a pull request to fix them both (https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/elepower/pull/11). I'll fix more as I come across them in my play though.
Chris wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 18:31
It seems that the wiki of this mod is offline.
I've been using the tome in-game. There's no recipe for it unfortunately.

Linrox wrote:
Confused?
Did you manage to figure this out?

Awkanimus
GitHub: Awkanimus
In-game: Awkanimus

by Awkanimus » Post

sirrobzeroone wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 23:43
Linrox wrote:
Confused?
Sorry for the slow reply my work has suddenly got very busy not much spare time. I'll have a look at the recipe. I'm about half-way through reviewing the work I'd already done and rolling in a lot of fixes along the way. I'll add the above in.
So the piston has two recipes... one which has three bronze ingots at the bottom, and another with the plate... so just need to use the three bronze ingot recipe to create the compressor first. No change necessary from what I can see.

Wizard Of mkdir
GitHub: wizardofgcc
In-game: Wizard Of mkdir

by Wizard Of mkdir » Post

SFENCE wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 05:05
Hi.

After installation of the modpack from contentdb and starting a new game with only minimal number of mods enabled I got an error:

Code: Select all

2022-01-10 06:02:18: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "elepm" accessed at ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_lighting/i_crafting.lua:68
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/sfence/.minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_lighting/init.lua:
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_lighting/i_crafting.lua:68: attempt to index global 'elepm' (a nil value)
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]:       ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_lighting/i_crafting.lua:68: in main chunk
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'dofile'
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]:       ...fence/.minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_lighting/init.lua:30: in main chunk
2022-01-10 06:02:18: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
When I disable mod elepower_lighting from modpack, game started normally.
I am experiencing the same issue in the current mod version from ContentDB, in Minetest version 5.6. This issue has a simple fix, add "elepower_machines" to dependencies in mod.conf

HighPopes
GitHub: HighPopes

by HighPopes » Post

Moreores needs to be added as a dependency. You need one of the ores to craft chips. Some machine become uncraftable. The tome will show you the ore I think it's silver.

Edit:
Solar panels have no texture
Skamiz Kazzarch wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 18:41
That's a bug in the respective mods and you should report it to them.
The issue is that mesh nodes should generally use paramtype = "light" to adapt their internal brightness to the environment, if they don't you get the problem you are having.

The reason why this wasn't immediately fixed is that the issue is only really visible if 'Smooth Lighting' is turned off.
When it's turned on you only get a weird shadow instead of total blackness.