[Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by Festus1965 » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:I don't understand what you're trying to say. The OP clearly states that this mod is for 5.0.0-dev.
The Thread name is "[Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]"
only if i open and read (what takes time and data transfer) I can see the first Post with "Currently developed towards 5.0.0+."
In my option too late, i thought as this issue will be important when 5.0.0 is out and used, should be faster to realize between until 0.4.x and from 5.x.x
"[Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower] 5.0.0+"
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

IcyDiamond
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Chem871 wrote:What about adding battery nodes to hold a lot of juice, and steam turbines, for realistic, simple power generation?
Both of these things are already in elepower
Web developer | Systems Administrator

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Festus1965 wrote: The Thread name is "[Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]"
only if i open and read (what takes time and data transfer) I can see the first Post with "Currently developed towards 5.0.0+."
In my option too late, i thought as this issue will be important when 5.0.0 is out and used, should be faster to realize between until 0.4.x and from 5.x.x
"[Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower] 5.0.0+"
Well it's not my fault you don't read what you're downloading before you do

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:...
Well it's not my fault you don't read what you're downloading before you do
Well, its not my fault, when I have to open a Thread first, just to search for the 0.4.x or 5.x compatibly to realize if that mod can be used on my server, and it would be WORTH to read even to open it.
As after know, IF I can use it on my server,
THEN I should be interested to read it, and decide to open the thread, read the issues and answers and then download and to use it.

So this Thread is not worth to open and so to read for me, as I cant use it for 0.4.x servers.
And after the experience from today, not sure if I will ever host with 5.x ---
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Last edited by texmex on Tue May 19, 2020 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

What about a machine that repairs tools? It would be an alternative to an anvil.
What is SCP-055?

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Chem871 wrote:What about a machine that repairs tools? It would be an alternative to an anvil.
Added. It's called the Energy Density Reconstructor and it's part of the elepower_tools mod.

I've been also working a bit on the Thermal Evaporation Plant which will be used to create lithium.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

What about a way to get rare metals from stone and cobblestone? Y'know, stuff like titanium, and beryllium, which would be excellent machine casing materials.
What is SCP-055?

BillyS
GitHub: Billy-S
IRC: BillyS
In-game: BillyS

by BillyS » Post

Chem871 wrote:What about a way to get rare metals from stone and cobblestone? Y'know, stuff like titanium, and beryllium, which would be excellent machine casing materials.
Some smart player would hook a cobble generator up to that ... Don't know how server owners would feel about infinite ores. (Unless you could only get specific ores from cobble, but still a bit OP imho.)
<SHAMELESS PLUG> Play on my server Blocky Survival! It's unique! </SHAMELESS PLUG>

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

What about a machine that melts and separates reactive metals from their ores? Metals like lithium, magnesium, etc.
What is SCP-055?

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

An update after a long time! A mining machine that generates ores from thin air! ..using a ton of power, of course. And water to cool it.
This example uses solar panels to run the miner. Note that there is a Miner Drill below the center node as well and that this is the most complete structure - it only requires one Miner Drill below the center node to work.

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Pretty much the only thing holding this mod in Alpha status is the broken energy distribution code located in elepower_papi/network.lua.

Basically what the problem is that the energy is not being distributed evenly and that adding storage devices onto existing networks breaks the entire thing.

Storage devices are designed to accept energy from one network and create their own network of consumers from the attached machines. A machine should be able to accept energy from multiple networks.

In even distribution it is important to keep in mind that each machine can have a different maximum power input at any time (ele_inrush) and to consider all the possible attached storage and provider nodes.

I really need help with this code because I really can't wrap my head around it. I am willing to pay to make this happen if necessary.

Yeti

Re: [Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

by Yeti » Post

I'm enjoying using this mod but I'm having a problem that I hope you can resolve for me.

I've installed the mod (several times) in an established game on my home PC and some of the mod is working (ie iron lump = iron and not steel) but the ores don't spawn anywhere....and I've been looking for a long time.

I created a new world with elepower activated before I started the game for the first time and the ores are spawning all over the place (after -128) but with the established game, even down past 600, not one piece of ore from the mod (I'm needing lead to make a gear to finish the pulverizer)

I'm very new to this (started playing this about a week ago), so if I'm doing something wrong, my apologies but do you have any ideas I should try? I don't really want to drop the established world because I've built up a decent inventory and starting again is a bit of a downer. Other than that, it's great to play with.

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Yeti wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:39
established world
This is your problem. You can try going far away from areas that you know you have already explored and try mining there. Installing the mod after generating areas does not retroactively generate ores in the world where you have already been, at least not in my experience. Digging deeper should also alleviate this issue but some ores may not generate very deep down.

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

Thanks for that. I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Appreciate your rapid response.

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

Just to let you know, your suggestion worked really well.

Takes a bit of time getting there and back but maybe I can build a hyperloop one day.

Thanks for your help

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Added a new machine: Printed Circuit Board Plant - A machine that automates the right-clicking of PCB blanks on Etching Acid. You'll still have to make the acid manually, but there will be ways to automate that as well!
Yeti wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 15:54
Thanks for your help
You're welcome.

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 19:53
Added a new machine: Printed Circuit Board Plant - A machine that automates the right-clicking of PCB blanks on Etching Acid. You'll still have to make the acid manually, but there will be ways to automate that as well!
Yeti wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 15:54
Thanks for your help
You're welcome.
Hi, I'm having difficulties with the blank PCB. In order to make one I've to compress metals, and to do that I need a compressor, but to make a compressor I need a PCB... Is there any other way to get a blank PCB? Thanks!

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

hailey_kaas wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 02:46
Hi, I'm having difficulties with the blank PCB. In order to make one I've to compress metals, and to do that I need a compressor, but to make a compressor I need a PCB... Is there any other way to get a blank PCB? Thanks!
It has two recipes.

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 07:21
hailey_kaas wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 02:46
It has two recipes.
Thanks so much!!

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

Hi, it's me again. I've been trying my hand at building everything that's available just to see how they work and I've struck a couple of issues that I can't work my way around.

1. I made an upgrade circuit board (save 25% power) but I seem unable to install it. I'm assuming at this point that it's not a simple mouse click and it installs, plus repeated searches haven't given me any clues. So, I would be grateful if you could explain the process to install these upgrades.

2. The second one is far more complex.

I set up a pipeline to produce tritium, however, when I installed the fluid pump on the input line into the Evaporator, it crashes everything. I removed that pump after disabling the Elepower_thermal mod but whenever I reactivate that mod, it crashes everything as soon as the game opens.

I checked the debug.txt file and it seems to indicate that something in fluid_lib may not be correct or may not being called correctly.

2020-05-11 21:01:20: WARNING[Main]: TextureSource::getPalette(): the specified palette image "unifieddyes_palette_extended.png" is larger than 256 pixels, using the first 256.
2020-05-11 21:01:22: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "xpanes_space.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2020-05-11 21:01:22: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "xpanes_space.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2020-05-11 21:01:24: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer [127.0.0.1] joins game. List of players: singleplayer
2020-05-11 21:01:24: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'fluid_transfer' in callback node_on_timer(): xx/.minetest/mods/fluid_lib/fluid_lib/buffer.lua:65: attempt to index local 'pf' (a boolean value)
2020-05-11 21:01:24: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-05-11 21:01:24: ERROR[Main]: /xx/.minetest/mods/fluid_lib/fluid_lib/buffer.lua:65: in function 'buffer_accepts_fluid'
2020-05-11 21:01:24: ERROR[Main]: /xx/.minetest/mods/fluid_lib/fluid_lib/buffer.lua:76: in function 'can_insert_into_buffer'
2020-05-11 21:01:24: ERROR[Main]: /xx/.minetest/mods/fluid_lib/fluid_lib/nodeio.lua:35: in function 'node_io_room_for_liquid'
2020-05-11 21:01:24: ERROR[Main]: ...xx/.minetest/mods/fluid_lib/fluid_transfer/network.lua:210: in function <.../xx/.minetest/mods/fluid_lib/fluid_transfer/network.lua:124>
2020-05-11 21:01:24: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
2020-05-11 21:01:24: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

Hopefully, that will give you some idea if there is a bug or whether I'm not doing something correctly.

Also, I had to make 2 different Thermal Evaporator Plants (1st one outputs Brine and the second uses the Brine to produce Liquid Lithium. It seems that there is a way to do these steps in the same machine but I've been unable to find a way to do that.

Sorry to dump all this on you at once but I'm really wanting to get a good handle on what this mod gives me to play with.

Edit: Don't worry about the upgrade question. The soldering iron works much better when it's charged. I still get the error crashing the entire game though and haven't been able to resolve that

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

Hi! It's me again!

I'm sorry, I've another question...

How's the water accumulator/pump/fluid transfer pump is supposed to work? I crafted all three to use on my miner, but can't seem to install it correctly. The fluid transfer pump is specially annoying as it won't install on top of neither the pump or water accumulator.

Thanks!

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

hailey_kaas wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 03:13
Hi! It's me again!

I'm sorry, I've another question...

How's the water accumulator/pump/fluid transfer pump is supposed to work? I crafted all three to use on my miner, but can't seem to install it correctly. The fluid transfer pump is specially annoying as it won't install on top of neither the pump or water accumulator.

Thanks!
I can possibly help you out with this one as they are working fine for me.

I have several water accumulators with fluid transfer pumps sitting on top. The accumulator is sitting in the water and the pump sits on top connected into fluid ducts. You need to use a screwdriver to rotate the fluid pump until it sits correctly flush and the hit the pump to activate. Was this what you were chasing or were you looking for something else?

Edit: Rereading your post, if you are trying to setup a miner, the accumulator and fluid pump sit beside the miner. On top is the miner controller which sits atop a miner core which sits atop one or more miner drills. The accumulator sits in the water near to the miner with the fluid pump on top and the duct leading to the miner core, which is surrounded by a circle of opaque ducts that connects to the miner core and miner drill(s).

I hope that helps you out. The issue I have with the mining setup is the miner controller keeps deciding the inventory is full and you need to stand by the miner to keep restarting it. Theres a bug in there somewhere

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Yeti wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 13:26
I set up a pipeline to produce tritium, however, when I installed the fluid pump on the input line into the Evaporator, it crashes everything. I removed that pump after disabling the Elepower_thermal mod but whenever I reactivate that mod, it crashes everything as soon as the game opens.
Turns out I had fixed this some time ago but never committed the changes. It should now be fixed (fluid_lib mod).
Yeti wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 13:26
Also, I had to make 2 different Thermal Evaporator Plants (1st one outputs Brine and the second uses the Brine to produce Liquid Lithium. It seems that there is a way to do these steps in the same machine but I've been unable to find a way to do that.
This is currently the intended path.
Last edited by IcyDiamond on Wed May 20, 2020 15:06, edited 2 times in total.

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Yeti wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:33
I hope that helps you out. The issue I have with the mining setup is the miner controller keeps deciding the inventory is full and you need to stand by the miner to keep restarting it. Theres a bug in there somewhere
I think I figured out why that happens. There is a random chance that the mining operation will not yield any results. If that happens, it used to think that because nothing was added to the inventory, it must be full. Will be fixed in the next patch.