[Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

Re: [Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

by sirrobzeroone » Post

I think next time I'll do a dev fork and then combine back into main, just to hard to keep track of changes. I hope I havent missed anything ie bugs but I checked as much as I could as throughly as I could but theres alot of changes and additions in this release.

Alpha 22 - Lights (Breaking Update)
  • elepower lighting added
    • light bulbs - Incandescent, Fluro, LED
    • flood lights
    • led panels
    • decorative shades
    • added to tome
  • improvements to dynamics inventory images
  • improvements to machine recipe storage
  • tome support for new recipes
  • additional elepower conduit types added with lighting and base
  • changes to compressing from 1 recipe slot to 2 slots (potential breaking change)
https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/elepow ... s/tag/a.22

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

sirrobzeroone wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:49
I think next time I'll do a dev fork and then combine back into main, just to hard to keep track of changes. I hope I havent missed anything ie bugs but I checked as much as I could as throughly as I could but theres alot of changes and additions in this release.

Alpha 22 - Lights (Breaking Update)
  • elepower lighting added
    • light bulbs - Incandescent, Fluro, LED
    • flood lights
    • led panels
    • decorative shades
    • added to tome
  • improvements to dynamics inventory images
  • improvements to machine recipe storage
  • tome support for new recipes
  • additional elepower conduit types added with lighting and base
  • changes to compressing from 1 recipe slot to 2 slots (potential breaking change)
https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/elepow ... s/tag/a.22
It's okay, to be fair Git is confusing to work with at times, at least in my experiences.

Also I appreciate the works you are still putting into this and bringing this update to us. I am still gonna keep tabs on this for eventually becomes stable and content enough to place onto a server.

Cause I am really thinking now of switching once it's appropriate cause of the buggyiness/obscure natures of Technic and Pipeworks making scaling factories a Pain in the Rear. Ending any dedicated players' chances of advancing on my server simply due to the infuriating nature of such.

The fact that mod will eventually comes with a "tome" for new players to be able to follow will also reduces their "rage quit rates" as well.

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

I think I've managed to find a bug for you.

Whenever I place an LED floodlight, it suddenly turns into an incandescent floodlight...which can get a bit aggravating after it happens for the umpteenth time while confirming the issue.

edit: Same thing happens with cf floods

meise21

by meise21 » Post

Hi,
First of all thanks to sirrobzeroone for all your work! Espcially the tome/tutorial is really cool and helpful.

Could anyone clarify how powercells are supposd to work? My understanding is that it works like a battery. As long as th cell is not fully charged it charges up taking powr from the network. If I put an item with capacity (like the mining rill) in the power cell it will get charged up. What I dont understand however is that I thought I can also connect another machine to the power cell an if that machine runs out of power the cell will charge the machine. Is that right? We fail to get that to work however. I placed a sawmill directly adjacent to the cell but it di not transfer any power. Next thin i tried was to connect the sawmill using a power conduit. But still no power got transfered. Am I missing something?
Bye,
Markus

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

meise21 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 06:02

Markus
Hmm that should have worked....I just went a tested myself and yep bugged again....powercells are going to be the death of me.

I know those were working so I'll check over the code....although i didnt touch those parts for lighting....

Edit 1
I dropped back a few versions and did some quick testing and alpha.20 works as expected....well mostly I did identify a new bug but at least the powercells drain when its dark and solar no longer produces power.
https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/elepow ... s/tag/a.20

I checked over the network code and I made nil changes between a.20 and a.22 (except to comment out a debug line) so something else is going on. I'll keep digging.

Edit 2
I can't be 100% this is your issue Markus but I definitly found a bug in the code, What I cant explain is why a.20 dosent seem to experience the issue as much as a21/a.22. Basically the battery code looks for "active" machines...litrally just "active" so if a machine goes "Out of Power" it wont supply power to that machine....even if it should. I'll do a fix for this but you can self add the single line if you like:

Open elepower>>elepower_papi>>network.lua in notepad or notepad++
Scroll down to line 307 this code block:

Code: Select all

if bat_flag == true then
				local active = string.find(user_status, "Active")
				local out_power =  string.find(user_status, "Out of Power")
				if active ~= nil or out_power ~= nil then
					if user_gets > user_usage then
						user_gets = user_usage
					end
				else
					user_gets = 0
				end
			end
and just below line 308 add a line and adjust now line 310 to include out of power check:

so your whole code block will now look like:

if bat_flag == true then
				local active = string.find(user_status, "Active")
					if user_gets > user_usage then
						user_gets = user_usage
					end
				else
					user_gets = 0
				end
			end
Let me know if that fixes you issue, I'll do a quick patch fix in the morning my time (about 8-9 hrs from now) :)

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Yeti wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:00
I think I've managed to find a bug for you.

Whenever I place an LED floodlight, it suddenly turns into an incandescent floodlight...which can get a bit aggravating after it happens for the umpteenth time while confirming the issue.

edit: Same thing happens with cf floods
Hey so sorry Yeti, I just saw your post, I'm betting I left a line of code in the on_active - in_active which flicks things back to incandescent as I used those for building and testing.

....yep spotted it so sorry about that, I need a little more time to get the fix right for that...dont want to get the name wrong a second time and I'll debug it to make sure it works as it should....

I'll add it to the fix for powercells above.

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

sirrobzeroone wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 13:09

Hey so sorry Yeti, I just saw your post, I'm betting I left a line of code in the on_active - in_active which flicks things back to incandescent as I used those for building and testing.

....yep spotted it so sorry about that, I need a little more time to get the fix right for that...dont want to get the name wrong a second time and I'll debug it to make sure it works as it should....

I'll add it to the fix for powercells above.
Hi sirrobzeroone,

Yeah I found that line and put in a 'fix' but that fix has issues, so I'm happy to see how you do that differently to me. It's been over 25 years since I did any real coding, plus I don't know Lua and I don't know the Minetest API. I've been sorta kinda looking at both but not making much headway yet.

What I'm looking at now is the Heat Exchanger. Every time you restart a reactor, it changes the outputs. ie the top output is steam (to the turbines) but the next time you start the reactor, the steam comes out of a different port and you have reconfigure the pipes to get steam to the turbines. I've been trying to find a way to specify exit ports for each buffer but I'm getting nowhere very quickly.

FWIW, the Electrolyzer does the same thing. If both receiving buffers are empty, it seems to flip the outputs.

Any thoughts on this? I'd love to hear them

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Yeti wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 15:28
sirrobzeroone wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 13:09

Hey so sorry Yeti, .....
It wont be anything to elegant I'm very much self-taught, although i did a little programming way back in highschool on the old apple IIe's. I think of my coding/scripting style as simplistic/rustic :).

reversed inputs, to be honest not too sure, the fission and fusion reactors are two I have looked at the least, although I did check out the electrolyzor a little more. Icy wrote so much code its taken me quiet awhile to get my head around it and I still have big gaps. fluid_lib handles most of the in's and outs so there could be abit of a problem in the code for fluid_lib or it might relate to the issue Icy mentions way back were node sides arent properly designated in/out - if the electrolyzer is involved im leaning towards the second guess. I'll fix those two bugs yourself and Markus identified and then have a dig.

Edit
Probably not a very smart way to go as I can see this tripping me or someone up in the future as it makes node reg naming convention important - untidy quickfix:

if not string.find(reg_name, "active") then
    new_name = "elepower_lighting:"..string.match(reg_name, ':(.-)_').."_floodlight_x"..rpn..rotate.."_y"..tpn..tilt				
else
   new_name = "elepower_lighting:"..string.match(reg_name, ':(.-)_').."_floodlight_x"..rpn..rotate.."_y"..tpn..tilt.."_active"
end
i'll add a new local var at the top of the code block and just insert "bulb/light_type", I could add a new field to node def table something like ele_light/bulb_type = "ccf/incan/led" but as floodlights only need to know type I'll avoid that for now and use the string match on the reg_name. Also looks like an unessecary nested if inside the floodlight code block, I wont touch that with these fixes but will note it for later fix.

Also picked up that lighting wont run off any powercell....I didn't update the status message in lighting as for a human pretty obvious when they are on/off but for the network/battery code it needs to know so I'll fix that as well.

Edit 2 - Info for everyone :)
Both fix's pushed to git master - note master does currently contain my work to make it easier to integrate elepower with a non-MTG base game. It shouldn't affect functionality but it is significant change - wrapping of external node/item names in internal elepower vars and providing a config file so I could have dumb thumbed something. On the plus side updating the config file is easy, assuming I didnt dumb thumb the var name in the code.....I'll do an a.23 version once I fix lighting so they run of batteries and see if I can improve in the ins/outs on the electrolyzer at least.

Download link for master zip - https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/elepow ... master.zip
On extract just remove "-master" bit or rename the folder back to plain old elepower and then drop across to your mods folder in minetest folder and overwrite all if asked.

Content DB version will come with a.23

Note: I am aware aliasing can do that but pain the butt for a game developer if you dont know what to alias :).

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

sirrobzeroone wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 23:18

Edit
Probably not a very smart way to go as I can see this tripping me or someone up in the future as it makes node reg naming convention important - untidy quickfix:

if not string.find(reg_name, "active") then
    new_name = "elepower_lighting:"..string.match(reg_name, ':(.-)_').."_floodlight_x"..rpn..rotate.."_y"..tpn..tilt				
else
   new_name = "elepower_lighting:"..string.match(reg_name, ':(.-)_').."_floodlight_x"..rpn..rotate.."_y"..tpn..tilt.."_active"
end
i'll add a new local var at the top of the code block and just insert "bulb/light_type", I could add a new field to node def table something like ele_light/bulb_type = "ccf/incan/led" but as floodlights only need to know type I'll avoid that for now and use the string match on the reg_name. Also looks like an unessecary nested if inside the floodlight code block, I wont touch that with these fixes but will note it for later fix.

Also picked up that lighting wont run off any powercell....I didn't update the status message in lighting as for a human pretty obvious when they are on/off but for the network/battery code it needs to know so I'll fix that as well.

Edit 2 - Info for everyone :)
Both fix's pushed to git master - note master does currently contain my work to make it easier to integrate elepower with a non-MTG base game. It shouldn't affect functionality but it is significant change - wrapping of external node/item names in internal elepower vars and providing a config file so I could have dumb thumbed something. On the plus side updating the config file is easy, assuming I didnt dumb thumb the var name in the code.....I'll do an a.23 version once I fix lighting so they run of batteries and see if I can improve in the ins/outs on the electrolyzer at least.

Download link for master zip - https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/elepow ... master.zip
On extract just remove "-master" bit or rename the folder back to plain old elepower and then drop across to your mods folder in minetest folder and overwrite all if asked.

Content DB version will come with a.23

Note: I am aware aliasing can do that but pain the butt for a game developer if you dont know what to alias :).
Hi again sirrobzeroone,

I may have an easier fix for you as I don't think you are using the string.find function correctly. It doesn't return a true / false result but the starting and ending positions of the search target.

I came up with this:

if string.find(reg_name, "active") ~= nil then
new_name = reg_name
else
new_name = reg_name.."_active"
end

This works just fine but when the lights are turned off the light cycles through active and non active and I haven't found a decent solution for that yet.

What I would like to find out is whether there is a decent IDE that would allow me to look at values during code execution. That greatly assists in learning where problems lie in unfamiliar code.

Once I got that working, I played with that for a while then moved onto other things. I'll go back and see if if can sort the cycling issues.

Let me know if this helps.

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Yes, that should work the only snag is im not sure why I'm not trusting the object name, instead I've rebuilt the node name from the meta data stored against the node. hmm just had a quick skim and that maybe the only place I update the tilt/rotate versions of the nodes and swap them in/out as needed, with your adapted code do the floodlights still physically tilt up/down and rotate left/right when viewed?

Background
Floodlights are particularly nasty as I use 9 (18 with active versions) nodes and swap them in out depending on angle/tilt...to fake movement I contemplated using an entity but those vanish and appear depending on distance away. (Just noticed drops are missed configured on ccf and led floods as well. I Probably didnt notice as I tend to test in creative.)

Additionally im guessing you have probably noticed on the floodlight UI at points you have to reclick the sliders to grab them again. Which is the underlying elepower timer running, and updating the formspec completely, not sure its possible to part update a formspec while its displayed, it might be thats my knowledge limitation :).

Im not sure why you would be getting flicker though, with the change made that way, I would have expected just no tilting/rotating floodlight versions being swapped in/out.

if you do find in/out issue let me know -
Under elepower_papi>>machine.lua, line 168 it looks like machines are just spec'd with connection sides, however I cant find any code specfically designating a side "in" or "out" inside the electrolyzer code so it may just being randomly assigned depending on how fluid_lib/elepower interact or i could be totally off the mark...wouldnt be the 1st time :).

edit: sorry if you find a nice ide let me know, i piece stuff together using notepad++

meise21

by meise21 » Post

Hi sirrobzeroone,
thanks for your reply. I patched network.lua but the behaviour did not change in my case. I also tried connecting the cell to a half empty or to a completely empty machine. But in both cases the cell did not charge the machine.

My test case is shown in the screenshot.
Screenshot 2021-09-26 072545.png
Screenshot 2021-09-26 072545.png (651.57 KiB) Viewed 2134 times
The power cell is completely full. I also tried connecting the two on top.
Bye,
Markus

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

meise21 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 05:27

Markus
Ahh I see you will need some sort of power generator in there as well, the only way I could remotely stabalise powercells was to make them not a generator type. stick a solar panel on there somewhere and it should then start to power as the solar panel wont provide power. I am hoping to return that behaviour ie charged powercell run machine, but i dont like fiddling with network.lua too much as its the guts of elepower and easy to break other behaviour so im very cautious around network.lua and changes.

edit: I just tested myself and at night adding a solar panel seemed to then validate the network and power flowed.
Last edited by sirrobzeroone on Sun Sep 26, 2021 09:09, edited 2 times in total.

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Yeti wrote:

FWIW, the Electrolyzer does the same thing. If both receiving buffers are empty, it seems to flip the outputs.

Hey Yeti, not that this explains the heat exchanger but you dont have two outputs on the electrolyzer do you? ie 1 water in and 1 out for o2 and 1 out for H? Electrolyzer will go nuts with dual outputs its one of the orginal limitations you have to bottle all the H and then it'll let you bottle all the O....dual outputs that would definitly flip flop. Sorry I didnt remeber that until now, wasn't until iw as hooking one up for testing and then re-read your post and checked the tome for electrolyzer.

Unless Im reading it wrong now and you do mean input and output on the elctrolyzer are flipping.

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

sirrobzeroone wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 02:57
Yes, that should work the only snag is im not sure why I'm not trusting the object name, instead I've rebuilt the node name from the meta data stored against the node. hmm just had a quick skim and that maybe the only place I update the tilt/rotate versions of the nodes and swap them in/out as needed, with your adapted code do the floodlights still physically tilt up/down and rotate left/right when viewed?

Background
Floodlights are particularly nasty as I use 9 (18 with active versions) nodes and swap them in out depending on angle/tilt...to fake movement I contemplated using an entity but those vanish and appear depending on distance away. (Just noticed drops are missed configured on ccf and led floods as well. I Probably didnt notice as I tend to test in creative.)

Additionally im guessing you have probably noticed on the floodlight UI at points you have to reclick the sliders to grab them again. Which is the underlying elepower timer running, and updating the formspec completely, not sure its possible to part update a formspec while its displayed, it might be thats my knowledge limitation :).

Im not sure why you would be getting flicker though, with the change made that way, I would have expected just no tilting/rotating floodlight versions being swapped in/out.

if you do find in/out issue let me know -
Under elepower_papi>>machine.lua, line 168 it looks like machines are just spec'd with connection sides, however I cant find any code specfically designating a side "in" or "out" inside the electrolyzer code so it may just being randomly assigned depending on how fluid_lib/elepower interact or i could be totally off the mark...wouldnt be the 1st time :).

edit: sorry if you find a nice ide let me know, i piece stuff together using notepad++
Hi sirrobzeroone

Yes, I do get the rotating lights when I swing the sliders. Everything seems to work 100% when the floods are active and slightly squirrelly when they are not.

I've been trying to work my way into understanding how the code behaves and looking at code from other mods but the commenting and documentation of the mods seems to be a bit below par...seems to be everybody. I think I'm going to look for a forum for minetest modders and try to get some clues from there. Let you know how I get on.

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

sirrobzeroone wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 08:43
Yeti wrote:

Hey Yeti, not that this explains the heat exchanger but you dont have two outputs on the electrolyzer do you? ie 1 water in and 1 out for o2 and 1 out for H? Electrolyzer will go nuts with dual outputs its one of the orginal limitations you have to bottle all the H and then it'll let you bottle all the O....dual outputs that would definitly flip flop. Sorry I didnt remeber that until now, wasn't until iw as hooking one up for testing and then re-read your post and checked the tome for electrolyzer.

Unless Im reading it wrong now and you do mean input and output on the elctrolyzer are flipping.
Hi again,

No, I have two outputs that get swapped around. The input, where I have electrolyzers is generally pumped in via a fluid pump directly to the buffer. The two outputs go to two separate bucketers. Doing tree sap, you can live with the swapping but the heat exchangers absolutely must be stable.

meise21

by meise21 » Post

Hi,
Ah ok I got that wrong. I tried your setup with an additional connected generator. The generator was connected but did not produce energy. The power cell did charge th sawmill so that was ok. Strangely though the cell did not empty itself. I diconnected everything and connected it again. This time it was orking as expected (sawmill gets charged powercell looses energy). I couldn't reproduce the first behaviour yet. I'll write you if I'm able to produce the first behaviour. Thanks for support and clarifiction!
Just one thought. If you dont mind could you put a small hint of that behaviour in the tome? If you give me a pointer on ho to change the tome I could try to do that on my own...
Bye Markus

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

meise21 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:25
Hi,
Ah ok I got that wrong. I tried your setup with an additional connected generator. The generator was connected but did not produce energy. The power cell did charge th sawmill so that was ok. Strangely though the cell did not empty itself. I diconnected everything and connected it again. This time it was orking as expected (sawmill gets charged powercell looses energy). I couldn't reproduce the first behaviour yet. I'll write you if I'm able to produce the first behaviour. Thanks for support and clarifiction!
Just one thought. If you dont mind could you put a small hint of that behaviour in the tome? If you give me a pointer on ho to change the tome I could try to do that on my own...
Bye Markus
Ahh glad that worked. I might have a better fix which restores standalone batteries, took me a bit of time to refamiliarize myself with network.lua and double and triple check a few things but so far initial tests are good. I'll keep testing and if it works charged powercell standalone network will be possible again :). I can't give a fix over forums as line updates in 4 different locations in network.lua

I need to create some instructions or notes on the tome how to update etc. Most info is contained inside "i_eletome_additional_info.lua" under the elepower_tome folder.....however a lot of info in there did my best to sort it, powercells are under "eletome.ai.powercells.over" over=overview

onto heat exchangers and electrolyzer double output.

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Yeti wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 09:44
No, I have two outputs that get swapped around. The input, where I have electrolyzers is generally pumped in via a fluid pump directly to the buffer. The two outputs go to two separate bucketers.
Ahh yep that explains the electrolyzer, can only have 1 bucketeer connected at a time and you swap bottles to clear one lot of gas and then the next. The info in the tome is probably unclear on that point but it needs to be setup like the picture in the tome, easier for me to copy from there:

The way it works bugs me as well, so now seems like a good time to have a look at it.

On the heat exchangers yes that is a much bigger issue and I'll look at that first, I just went and checked on my reactor on my test bed game and at some point it has melted down (green goo looking blocks) (built it up in the sky to get clean screengrabs)...I'm going to guess my heat exchanger possibly got muddled and my reactor got too hot at some point and blew out.

Checking the heat exchanger code again i see no designation of "out" for steam vs "out" for cool water and pumps don't know what they pump out. i double checked Icy's wiki and heres the picture for heat exchange, coolant out top steam from side:

https://wiki.lunasqu.ee/Fission_Reactor

I have some idea's on how to solve, might need some meta data set to the pumps or I might be able to set the exchanger sides ie top always == coolant. sides always == steam or something like that.

I'll go un-meltdown my reactor and then try and melt it down a few times and then start seeing what works.
Attachments
electrolyzer.png
electrolyzer.png (41 KiB) Viewed 2134 times

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Yeti wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 09:44
Just quoting you in so you get a nice notification.
I looked over a fair bit of the fluid_lib code, it's similar to elepower except instead of being 1 standard transfer metric (ele units), its multiple fluid types....depending on whats registered at sending and receiving node with the fluid pump doing the check.

Assuming Im understanding the code correctly, big assumption, the fluid_lib>>network.lua should prevent the wrong "fluid" from going to the wrong machine as it checks what the sending node is sending and what the receiving node can receive, that check is tied into the fluid pump using a timer.

I think that's why the bucketeer muddles the electrolyzer you would need to be able to designate the bucketeer as hydrogen or oxygen only or water or whatever registered fluid only. Might be doable and now I understand more the issue appears to be bucketteer end not electrolyzer side. Sorry side tracked.

Interesting side note, the fission reactor is very temperamental....I think I melted mine down about a dozen times from various mistakes.....don't drop river water source in your cooling pond.....

So how far am I along with replicating the flipping...not very well. Once I solved my river water issue, stabilized my rod extraction for the amount of coolant I had, reactor ran smoothly through several logon/logoffs. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I found:
  • Single rod at about 70% was about max I could run the reactor
  • Tried multiple rods bam melt down
  • Tried 50% and bam melt down
  • Max coolant that is supplied by single heat exchange and pump is 1000 units,haven't looked at how to hook in multiples, 70% seemed to max out the 1000 unit capacity
  • Even at 70% with a single rod I had 3 fully upgraded sawmills charging and the pickup pump running....which I code hot wired to never replace water with air (just for testing, fairly sure 1 meltdown was caused as I ran out of water on pickup pump)
  • Theres no info on the fluid pump on mouse over to tell you what its pumping or how much or even if its currently active - Im working on adding comprehensive logging from my basic logging so far I couldnt see the Coolant pump not send coolant - thats not comprehensive at the moment was just a snapshot and not across a logoff/logon event
I've learnt alot about the fluid_lib code lots of knowledge gaps still, anyways any other info you can give me about how to replicate the issue would be much appreciated :).

I'll keep working on the logging as I need that to see if everything is working okay basically going to send fluid_pump(pos) + infotext to debug each timer run for the pumps and see if any glitch. But need to add infotext to the fluid pumps first :).

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

would there be interest in accepting PR's to make this mod game agnostic?
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

wsor4035 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 03:50
That depends on what you mean.

Are you wanting to make this mod compatible with other mods ie technic etc

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

Yeti wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 04:11
wsor4035 wrote:

the question was directed to sirrobzeroone, the owner of the repo.
as for "Are you wanting to make this mod compatible with other mods ie technic etc" please reread what you quoted(games).
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

wsor4035 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 04:35
Yeti wrote:
wsor4035 wrote:

as for "Are you wanting to make this mod compatible with other mods ie technic etc" please reread what you quoted(games).
That's why I was asking what you meant. You're not terribly clear in what you post

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Yeti wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 05:36
wsor4035 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 04:35
Yeti wrote:
That's why I was asking what you meant. You're not terribly clear in what you post
Always wanted to triple quote, its the small things in life :). If you mean none-MTG centric yes, I have a game I'm building up from scratch myself and having default:xyz is not going to fit to well. I like to think of myself as the current temporary holder of the most updated repository version but I like to think of Icy as being the owner, he was some coding machine :).

Current progress for non-mtg centric work is inside this file:
https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/elepow ... _items.lua

Its really a big index of items/nodes/sounds and images that elepower currently needs to function wrapped in vars. It is not yet complete as I havent indexed through basic materials and some others from memory. I also want to var wrap out all the metals etc so if a game includes those there isn't a whole look 2 different aluminiums (not looking at mods from mine$omething else at all, where at one point we had 4 different coppers), although if one isn't present ele will use it's own Al naturally.

Anyways my thinking on it was a game maker could head to that single file and update the names to fit there game so if they didn't want "default:clay_brick" you could have "super_basic:grey_clay_brick_of_doom" as a replacement and know were thats used by looking down the index for what/were used clay_brick. Even the tome should update to the new ingredients....although if the game moved away from using a crafting grid eg nodecore nothings going to work.....

and yes i accept PRs no worries on that front, although not blindly :) - I wouldnt do much near fission at the moment I'm busy disecting that to try and nail this bug.

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Yeti wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:00
Hey Yeti,
I've done a new version of fluid_lib at git master:
https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/fluid_lib
https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/fluid_ ... master.zip

I haven't managed to trigger a flip between steam and cold coolant. I've added fluid_pump status's and are listed below did my best to make them self explanatory:
  • "Off" - punch to turn_on
  • "Standby"
  • "No Recieving Tank"
  • "No Source Tank"
  • "Pumped Max Volume
    node.description"
  • "Pumping Infrequently" - it pumps but its very low amount
  • "Pumping
    node.description"
No need to change anything with setup just overwrite fluid_lib with the new version above and the pumps should get the new status's as they run. It is possible to see some funny status's as I don't think i've quiet grabbed/identified all the end points correctly. See if when you add those if the pumps reverse or misbehave in anyway, I'll keep testing as well myself.