[Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

Yeti

Re: [Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

by Yeti » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 15:03
Yeti wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:33
I hope that helps you out. The issue I have with the mining setup is the miner controller keeps deciding the inventory is full and you need to stand by the miner to keep restarting it. Theres a bug in there somewhere
I think I figured out why that happens. There is a random chance that the mining operation will not yield any results. If that happens, it used to think that because nothing was added to the inventory, it must be full. Will be fixed in the next patch.
Ah, cheers IcyDiamond. I'm having a great time playing around with your mod, with the intention of building the heck out of everything just to see how it goes.

One other issue I could raise (and perhaps I'm not doing things correctly) my fission reactor is sitting in the middle of it's cooling pond and in order to see how each module is performing, I have to enter the cooling pond or the distance is too great. Is there any remote interface facility and if not, is it worth looking at?

If you are happy for me to do so, I would make comments on how things are working and offer suggestions based on what I think would enhance things.

Other than that, this has been a lot of fun and I appreciate your responses.

IcyDiamond
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Yeti wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 16:53
One other issue I could raise (and perhaps I'm not doing things correctly) my fission reactor is sitting in the middle of it's cooling pond and in order to see how each module is performing, I have to enter the cooling pond or the distance is too great. Is there any remote interface facility and if not, is it worth looking at?
I have thought about implementing something like that many times, maybe some day.
Web developer | Systems Administrator

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

Yeti wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:33
hailey_kaas wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 03:13
Hi! It's me again!

I'm sorry, I've another question...

How's the water accumulator/pump/fluid transfer pump is supposed to work? I crafted all three to use on my miner, but can't seem to install it correctly. The fluid transfer pump is specially annoying as it won't install on top of neither the pump or water accumulator.

Thanks!
I can possibly help you out with this one as they are working fine for me.

I have several water accumulators with fluid transfer pumps sitting on top. The accumulator is sitting in the water and the pump sits on top connected into fluid ducts. You need to use a screwdriver to rotate the fluid pump until it sits correctly flush and the hit the pump to activate. Was this what you were chasing or were you looking for something else?

Edit: Rereading your post, if you are trying to setup a miner, the accumulator and fluid pump sit beside the miner. On top is the miner controller which sits atop a miner core which sits atop one or more miner drills. The accumulator sits in the water near to the miner with the fluid pump on top and the duct leading to the miner core, which is surrounded by a circle of opaque ducts that connects to the miner core and miner drill(s).

I hope that helps you out. The issue I have with the mining setup is the miner controller keeps deciding the inventory is full and you need to stand by the miner to keep restarting it. Theres a bug in there somewhere
Thanks for your help! I didn't know about the screwdriver, but it seems my problem persists, The pump won't stay atop no matter which position I take to try to put it (tried from all places and positions).
Attachments
mintest_issue.jpg
mintest_issue.jpg (261.59 KiB) Viewed 1783 times

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 17:03
Yeti wrote:
I have thought about implementing something like that many times, maybe some day.
Hi Icy! The wireless porter is crashing my server when I try to place it... is this a problem?

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

Thanks for your help! I didn't know about the screwdriver, but it seems my problem persists, The pump won't stay atop no matter which position I take to try to put it (tried from all places and positions).
That fluid pump looks like it is in the correct position but not the correct orientation.

The left and right buttons move the pump through different axes, so try each one until you find the axis that fits the pump to the accumulator.

Warning: Don't try to 'hit' the pump with the screwdriver tool selected or you'll change the orientation. I found the best way was to have nothing selected and then 'hit' the pump to start it.

See how you go with that

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

Yeti wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 00:54

That fluid pump looks like it is in the correct position but not the correct orientation.

The left and right buttons move the pump through different axes, so try each one until you find the axis that fits the pump to the accumulator.

Warning: Don't try to 'hit' the pump with the screwdriver tool selected or you'll change the orientation. I found the best way was to have nothing selected and then 'hit' the pump to start it.

See how you go with that
Oh, finally, it worked!!! Thanks so much <3

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

hailey_kaas wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 23:57
Hi Icy! The wireless porter is crashing my server when I try to place it... is this a problem?
Do you have a crash log? I can't produce a crash with the wireless porter.

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Yeti wrote:
It's coming!

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 15:29
Yeti wrote:
It's coming!
Ha!! You little beauty. I'll build that first thing when it comes online. Great effort, Icy

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 13:13
hailey_kaas wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 23:57
Do you have a crash log? I can't produce a crash with the wireless porter.
Here!

2020-05-24 22:10:21: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "pos" accessed at ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_wireless/craftitems.lua:51
2020-05-24 22:10:21: ACTION[Server]: hailey_kaas leaves game. List of players:
2020-05-24 22:10:21: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2020-05-24 22:10:21: ACTION[Main]: [Tubelib] Store data...
2020-05-24 22:10:21: ACTION[Main]: [Tubelib] Data stored
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'elepower_wireless' in callback item_OnPlace(): Invalid position (expected table got nil).
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'get_node'
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: ...nap/minetest/1521/.minetest/mods/minecart/protection.lua:45: in function 'is_protected'
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_wireless/craftitems.lua:51: in function <....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_wireless/craftitems.lua:47>
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'get_node'
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: ...nap/minetest/1521/.minetest/mods/minecart/protection.lua:45: in function 'is_protected'
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_wireless/craftitems.lua:51: in function <....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_wireless/craftitems.lua:47>

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Should be fixed now. And with that, new version, Alpha 18, now released on the ContentDB.

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 13:21
Should be fixed now. And with that, new version, Alpha 18, now released on the ContentDB.
Thanks!! <3

hotcyr

by hotcyr » Post

Hi all !

That mod is awesome, thanks to IcyDiamond for making it !

I have a problem with the miner and the pump. The pump is full of water and power, the pipework is done and the miner is also getting all the power needed but it does not get water from the pump.
I know the miner work because I tested it by feeding water manually with bucket.
I have tried several placements and different plumbing options for water but no luck ??
Did I miss something ?

Here are some screenshots :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/187mc9D ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gc0ay1 ... sp=sharing

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

Hi hotcyr,

I have this working fine but my pumps are in the water. I'm not sure how that pipe underneath will affect it. I also have multiple pumps to keep up the volume required. Perhaps try that and see if it helps.

I have attached a screen shot to show my layout.
screenshot_20200823_105902.png
screenshot_20200823_105902.png (983.68 KiB) Viewed 1783 times

hotcyr

by hotcyr » Post

Well I finally understood what happened ! I tried to make it work with the wrong pump. I replaced the Pump with the Fluid Transfer Pump and it worked. The problem is the recipe for the Fluid Transfer Pump does not appear in the craft guide, even after I built one ! I had to search the lua files to obtain the recipe and after that I was able to craft one and make the miner work.

Thanks for trying to help Yeti !

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

I have ceased to work on my mods for the foreseeable future. It was nice being part of this community but I'll be going now.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm very sorry to hear that you are leaving us, but I wish you all the best. Thank you for your many brilliant contributions.

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

Seconded...what sorcerykid said.

Thanks for your contributions IcyDiamond, I have really enjoyed playing with your mods and I'm sorry to see you go.

I also wish you all the best and will hopefully see you back in this community again. Good luck to you.

HighPopes
GitHub: HighPopes

by HighPopes » Post

Well even if you're not working on it.

I have a fix for the evaporator and steam turbine. The values still need tweaking.
I don't know how to github so you'll have to get the zip.
https://github.com/HighPopes/Elepower

In short: default water didn't have a gas form so i wrote a special case for it. The usage value of the evaporator led to the steam turbine not producing power so i changed those values. With steam working alot of things opened up.

I don't know. But i patched somethings.

FrostRanger
GitHub: WulftheNordicRanger
IRC: FrostRanger FrostRanger[m]
In-game: FrostRanger FrostStar
Location: In the untamed wilderness of wherever I happen to be dimension hopping this time...

by FrostRanger » Post

HighPopes wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 04:11
Well even if you're not working on it.

I have a fix for the evaporator and steam turbine. The values still need tweaking.
I don't know how to github so you'll have to get the zip.
https://github.com/HighPopes/Elepower

In short: default water didn't have a gas form so i wrote a special case for it. The usage value of the evaporator led to the steam turbine not producing power so i changed those values. With steam working alot of things opened up.

I don't know. But i patched somethings.
The source code repo for this mod is hosted on a self hosted gitlab instance, not github: https://gitlab.icynet.eu/evert/elepower and although these instructions are for the main gitlab site, you should be able to follow the same steps on the instance elepower is on: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project ... uests.html
Sole ranger and ruler of the frozen realms of Cabin Fever and seeker of the ever elusive Dungeon Master...

hotcyr

by hotcyr » Post

Has anybody been able to use the planter ? I cant' seem to find a way to make it work...

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

I've just copied the repository across to github:

https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/elepower

I'm still getting my head around how the code works, It's well structured fairly modular and I think i understand basically how it's working. But I'll be honest i cracked open some of the code and although well written it's been written by a proper programmer, so it'll take me time to learn....

Step 1 - For me next is to construct a resource to machine map so I can see what leads to what.
Step 2 - I'll see if I can confirm Highpopes fixes all work okay and roll those into the base above.

I can't promise I'll have the same focus Icy had but of all the electrical/water/gas mods I looked at Icy's looked to be the best for what I need ie it's much more modular and I can understand whats going on so customising it for a game will be simpler.

Basically I'll see if I can un-orphan the code and at least keep it functioning, I wont promise new features or even that I can fix what may be broken or half developed....but I'll do my best.

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Start of documenting - Just a simple mod external/internal dependency diagram. I'll add all this to my git version longer term I'll also try and grab the info I can from the wiki.

This might be useful to someone though in the future so attaching it here - these are solid depends only, the optional depends list is much bigger including mesacons for example.

Attachments
elepower_mod_dependencies.PNG
elepower_mod_dependencies.PNG (61.29 KiB) Viewed 1783 times

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

I've been off sick the last few days so ripped in and started to get into learning and documenting.

First diagram shows craft items by mod to create each of the elepower items. I just gave this a rather arbitary tiering model as I needed someway to divid it up. These are just the craftitems needed to create the machines not the items the machines process. Some items on the below do need a machien to create them but I'll add that cross-referencing and sorting at a later date. Two oddities I cant find Electrum ore in any of the depends or optional depends mods and their appears to be no recipe for Invar metal?

Link for big copy: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sirro ... t_flow.png

Second Diagram this shows the machine and the craftitems needed to create. Not the number of each just a summary of the item name. Yes that side label cross-references with Diagram 1...but bear in mind some items from diagram 1 need machiens from diagram 2 so at the moment its a very loose/inaccurate link.
Link for big copy:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sirro ... t_flow.png

I can see some minor fixes that need do for 5.4 compliance as well, the change to alpha textures is producing some minor warnings in the logs. So I'll fix those as a first pass as well as figure out whats happened to electrum ore and the Invar ingot recipes.

Next up I will try and do a basic machine-in >> machine-out and document how they work or are assembled....just from the code the fusion reactor looks like a monster has anyone built that? does it work? note fusion not fission :)

Also worth noting that although things like moreores are an optional depends not having it will severally hamper your build options.

Edit: I used "dye" in the 1st diagram but its actually any item of color eg a red rose would do as an ingredient for "Dye Red".

Edit 2:
cy wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 08:43
  1. You need two gold ingots and one invar ingot to make 3 electrum ingots
  2. You need 3 iron ingots, and one nickel ingot to make 4 invar ingots.
Ahh that explains electrum...now I just need to find the recipes.....oddly hard to find

Ahh under the alloying machine, the other bits were udner dynamics, but it makes sense:
line 19/26>>elepower_machines/crafting.lua

Code: Select all

{
		recipe = { "elepower_dynamics:iron_ingot 3", "elepower_dynamics:nickel_ingot" },
		output = "elepower_dynamics:invar_ingot 4",
	},
	{
		recipe = { "default:gold_ingot 2", "elepower_dynamics:invar_ingot" },
		output = "elepower_dynamics:electrum_ingot 3",
	},
Edit 3:

Update version which gets rid of alpha warnings:
https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/elepower

Also updated fluid_lib
https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/fluid_lib

sirrobzeroone

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by sirrobzeroone » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 23:36
Pretty much the only thing holding this mod in Alpha status is the broken energy distribution code located in elepower_papi/network.lua.

Basically what the problem is that the energy is not being distributed evenly and that adding storage devices onto existing networks breaks the entire thing.

Storage devices are designed to accept energy from one network and create their own network of consumers from the attached machines. A machine should be able to accept energy from multiple networks.

In even distribution it is important to keep in mind that each machine can have a different maximum power input at any time (ele_inrush) and to consider all the possible attached storage and provider nodes.

I really need help with this code because I really can't wrap my head around it. I am willing to pay to make this happen if necessary.
IcyDiamond wrote:
TODO:
Currently, there's a problem where storage nodes are allowed to create their own graph.
When placing the storage onto a cable, it will add itself to the graph of that cable.
But, when placing a cable onto the storage, that cable is added to the storage's own graph
and thus cannot be connected to the previous graph.
I've read the notes IcyDiamond left i the code and the above and I cant replicate this behaviour has anyone come across this bug.

I can see part of the bug in that battery storage will fill up in a linear fashion not a small amount across all batteries. rather until ones full then the next. What I cant replicate is adding additional storage breaks the network I tried replicating from the code "TODO" above but again my storage just connected and eventually filled I tried giving them both there own power in then connecting them but again no luck....I'll try with some downline machines and see if I can break the network.

Anyone else using Icy's elepower and ever seen a broken network or can give me a pointer how to break it? This seemed to be the biggest concern Icy had to get this out of alpha.

Ona side note any intrest in conduit wall pass through node? basically conduit full node size so you can pass power from outside through a wall neatly to the inside. Unless I missed it I cant see a node to do this short of using a powercell?

EDIT-1
Power sharing in general appears to be only linear, if I connect 2 furnaces to a single solar panel. One furnace will fill with energy (8) while the other has to wait until the 1st is filled (on a branched conduit). This maybe related to the battery issue or not however ill see if i can fix this first so both furnaces recieve 4 units. ill need a few smarts there to allow for odd numbers so if there was 3 furnaces 2 will get 3 units and 1 will get 2 energy units

EDIT-2
So I've been looking more closely at the code at it all looks very provider_node (pnodeid) centric. Using a single solar panel to test was probably a little bit of a harsh test as it only provides 8 usable energy units. Were as each furnace can suck up 32 energy units each tick (sec) until charged (basically all machines have a backup battery :)).

I haven't delved fully into the distribution ABM or tested this but ABM runs and hits our solar_provider which can give 8 power it then runs through its users (machines/storage) nodes. Interestingly this does have a sharing check in the code and if I'm understanding correctly if the first power_users power demand exceeds supply then we break straight out of the sharing loop. This gels with what im seeing ie furnace 1 is getting all 8 power as it has a 32 demand and furnace 2 doesn't get a lookin. However that is a very specific loop break that has been put in there so it's clearly intentional design. My best guess is that it can be used as an indicator that when power supply is insufficient for devices they will go unpowered. Saying that as all our machines run with battery backup a trickle charge to everyone across the network might be better way to go or it could be there for another issue....

With the battery issue above from Icy I think this might be the problem a battery is both a provider and user of energy. Depending how its connected:

Placed then Conduit connected to existing - becomes essentially a standalone provider (own graph not sure why the term graph was picked?) - can never charge or supply power.

Placed onto end of conduit - now part of existing network as it's a user, however can provide power outwards as a provider if charged

Not that I can replicate the behaviour I've detailed above since my batteries seem to always charge...but assuming my understanding is getting there we probably need a new group for batteries so proxy_provider. so if placed alone then connected to network they are just a plain old user. However when power (abm) distribution kicks in they can act as a provider with there own sub-net of machines.

The other possibly easier solution is to have an "In" port for batteries and the rest as "out" ports...using In port then battery = user, using out port battery = provider. Slightly more annoying to connect battery bank up but solves the issue. problem is I can see in the code that side or node power directionality has been frameworked but not finished...

First step to fixing this is, is to replicate the bug which I am yet to be able to do......I might see if I can reach Icy via email maybe he fixed it before shelving the code....

ramblings as much for msyelf but I am very happy to take suggestions or ideas :)

EDIT-3
The below proves what I thought basically whomever is "1" during the network sharing check gets the max they can take and 2 gets the bit left over in this case 80

dem2 = running power demand total
user_gets = machine/battery power given
items 3-4 in my example arent drawing any power....not that they can

2021-06-11 15:34:41: [Server]: elepower_solar:solar_generator supply: 208
2021-06-11 15:34:41: [Server]: dem2: 128 user_gets: 128    -- bat1
2021-06-11 15:34:41: [Server]: dem2: 208 user_gets: 80      -- bat2
2021-06-11 15:34:41: [Server]: dem2: 208 user_gets: 0        -- furnace1
2021-06-11 15:34:41: [Server]: dem2: 208 user_gets: 0        -- furnace2
other slight oddity my 15 sized solar array is producing 208 power, which isnt divisable by 15...or a multiple of 8..however some panels are fully charged so Im thinking there must be a piece of code that allows for some of the stored to be pushed as well...kind of cool if it does.

Given that -same test with coal fired....need a big bank of those to staturate a battery....

2021-06-11 16:02:37: [Server]: elepower_machines:generator_active sup: 16
2021-06-11 16:02:37: [Server]: dem2: 16 user_gets: 16
2021-06-11 16:02:37: [Server]: dem2: 16 user_gets: 0
EDIT-4
I didnt change anything code wise but now I cant replicate those outputs above ie adding a second battery always seems to result in supply output being 0....even though the battery is still charging okay....so visually looks okay but now when I look at output very funky.....the conduit seems to have for want of a better word become scrambled....um yeh I cant actually make it work now even setting up a new network. So two issues:
1. Power isn't split between machines, its a 1st in gets the power and the rest who need it tough luck.
2. 2+ Batteries ona single conduit network do something very funky...I think something to do with the conduit crossed with being both a user and supplier. Single battery per "network" is okay but add two and behind the scenes a mess is occuring even though it looks okay user side.

I'll look at 1 first think thats a fairly easy just temp store values then do power division a bit later. Issue 2 um yes I need to dig on that....um in/outs socket is looking good....

EDIT-5
Well issue 1 as a test looks good, code needs a little cleanup and better integration, Im avoiding batteries - this was 1 solar panel and 3 furnaces - ran from 1 through to 8 furnaces and worked as expected the code balances out remander numbers by spreading them across the first few nodes and the last one - If power supplied <1 then the network "crashes" and supplies no power to any nodes a very crude overload type event:

2021-06-11 20:46:20: [Server]: elepower_solar:solar_generator - supply power: 8
2021-06-11 20:46:20: [Server]: node_user (19,9,15) Power Supplied:3
2021-06-11 20:46:20: [Server]: node_user (18,9,15) Power Supplied:2
2021-06-11 20:46:20: [Server]: node_user (20,9,17) Power Supplied:3
2021-06-11 20:46:20: [Server]: end_run
Unfortunatly before I did any code changes I played around with adding and removing furnaces to a powered conduit and theres definitly some glitches there even for simple furnaces I could make the network forget or miss furnaces which should have been included adding works everytime, but removing is were issues seem to come in....that might be the next task look at that removal code - until thats rock solid fixing batteries would be more difficult.