[Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

User avatar
mywaynotthehighway
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 21:00

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by mywaynotthehighway » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
mywaynotthehighway wrote:Some items like the Tanks don't retain their values when dug
That shouldn't happen, unless you're using a version prior to 5.0.0-dev
I am running current git head of Minetest which is Detected Git version 5.0.0-dev-debug-5a00b118

Weirdly I just noticed if I play in creative and break a tank that has contents then I get the correct thing back however in survival I dont

User avatar
IcyDiamond
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 08:55
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by IcyDiamond » Post

mywaynotthehighway wrote:
IcyDiamond wrote:
mywaynotthehighway wrote:Some items like the Tanks don't retain their values when dug
That shouldn't happen, unless you're using a version prior to 5.0.0-dev
Weirdly I just noticed if I play in creative and break a tank that has contents then I get the correct thing back however in survival I dont
I cannot reproduce this, sorry :/
By chance, are you using item_drop? I know for a fact that dropped item entities do not retain the appropriate metadata.
Web developer | Minetest modder | Systems Administrator | Donate
Mods - elepower | melterns | towny

User avatar
NetYard5
Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 20:28
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by NetYard5 » Post

I really love this mod! but I dont get exactly how nuclear generators work :P ... can anyone explain me how to use steam turbine?

User avatar
IcyDiamond
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 08:55
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by IcyDiamond » Post

Various topics on Elepower Wiki have been updated and continue being updated, such as the Fission Reactor setup.
NetYard5 wrote:I really love this mod! but I dont get exactly how nuclear generators work :P ... can anyone explain me how to use steam turbine?
See the newly updated wiki article.
Web developer | Minetest modder | Systems Administrator | Donate
Mods - elepower | melterns | towny

User avatar
IcyDiamond
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 08:55
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by IcyDiamond » Post

First alpha release of the year, Alpha 12 has been released on the ContentDB. It includes changes to fission reactors, new machine upgrades, bunch of fixes and more progress on the fusion reactor setup.
Web developer | Minetest modder | Systems Administrator | Donate
Mods - elepower | melterns | towny

User avatar
NetYard5
Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 20:28
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by NetYard5 » Post

You should add a wind turbine generator to this mod, maybe build a structural of a big wind turbine with Rotor block spawning the blades in shape of entity?

User avatar
NetYard5
Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 20:28
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by NetYard5 » Post

My first nuclear reactor fission generator.
Image
Ive finally got my answers from the last question about using fission, Im moving to how fusion reactor works for a bit, thanks to the Wiki!

User avatar
IcyDiamond
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 08:55
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by IcyDiamond » Post

NetYard5 wrote:My first nuclear reactor fission generator.
Image
Ive finally got my answers from the last question about using fission, Im moving to how fusion reactor works for a bit, thanks to the Wiki!
Sweet! Currently there is no way to set up fusion because there's a few steps missing from the process. I'll announce when it's ready to use as always. You can however set up the torus and deuterium production already.
Web developer | Minetest modder | Systems Administrator | Donate
Mods - elepower | melterns | towny

Chem871
Member
Posts: 951
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx
Location: My Basement's Attic

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by Chem871 » Post

In Technic, you could use corium to generate uranium for power, does this mod have anything like that? And, can a nuclear reactor melt down?
What is SCP-055?

User avatar
NetYard5
Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 20:28
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by NetYard5 » Post

Chem871 wrote:In Technic, you could use corium to generate uranium for power, does this mod have anything like that? And, can a nuclear reactor melt down?
Yes, Wiki says when the core heated in around 80 will cause it melt down, I never tried it

User avatar
IcyDiamond
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 08:55
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by IcyDiamond » Post

NetYard5 wrote:
Chem871 wrote:In Technic, you could use corium to generate uranium for power, does this mod have anything like that? And, can a nuclear reactor melt down?
Yes, Wiki says when the core heated in around 80 will cause it melt down, I never tried it
No, there is no corium (yet) and the meltdown is just the core node being removed. This will change.
Web developer | Minetest modder | Systems Administrator | Donate
Mods - elepower | melterns | towny

DoyleChris
Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 19:54
In-game: DoyleChris

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by DoyleChris » Post

did a singleplayer game with the mod running.
I laid out 10 solar panels in a row, connected them together, right clicked on one solar panel, toggled the button in the upper right, and i get this error.

2019-01-26 11:07:52: ERROR[Main]: Invalid tooltip element(3): '0,0;1,2.5;(c@#c60303)Energy Storage
2019-01-26 11:07:52: ERROR[Main]: (c@#c60303)(c@#ffffff)(c@#0399c6)Charge: 0 / 64 EpU(c@#ffffff)(c@#565656)
2019-01-26 11:07:52: ERROR[Main]: (c@#565656)Power Used / Generated: 0 EpU(c@#ffffff)'
2019-01-26 11:07:57: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'elepower_solar' in callback node_on_timer(): ...bin\..\mods\elepower-master\elepower_solar/generator.lua:72: attempt to call field 'raycast' (a nil value)
2019-01-26 11:07:57: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-01-26 11:07:57: ERROR[Main]: ...bin\..\mods\elepower-master\elepower_solar/generator.lua:72: in function <...bin\..\mods\elepower-master\elepower_solar/generator.lua:38>

User avatar
NetYard5
Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 20:28
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by NetYard5 » Post

DoyleChris wrote:did a singleplayer game with the mod running.
I laid out 10 solar panels in a row, connected them together, right clicked on one solar panel, toggled the button in the upper right, and i get this error.

2019-01-26 11:07:52: ERROR[Main]: Invalid tooltip element(3): '0,0;1,2.5;(c@#c60303)Energy Storage
2019-01-26 11:07:52: ERROR[Main]: (c@#c60303)(c@#ffffff)(c@#0399c6)Charge: 0 / 64 EpU(c@#ffffff)(c@#565656)
2019-01-26 11:07:52: ERROR[Main]: (c@#565656)Power Used / Generated: 0 EpU(c@#ffffff)'
2019-01-26 11:07:57: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'elepower_solar' in callback node_on_timer(): ...bin\..\mods\elepower-master\elepower_solar/generator.lua:72: attempt to call field 'raycast' (a nil value)
2019-01-26 11:07:57: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-01-26 11:07:57: ERROR[Main]: ...bin\..\mods\elepower-master\elepower_solar/generator.lua:72: in function <...bin\..\mods\elepower-master\elepower_solar/generator.lua:38>
Yes! I got the same problem too, this is a weird problem and wished to be fixed. I have to forcibly disable the elepower_solar in the mod configure and join the game and remove the unknown node to save world from keep crashing...

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6244
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by rubenwardy » Post

DoyleChris wrote:did a singleplayer game with the mod running.
I laid out 10 solar panels in a row, connected them together, right clicked on one solar panel, toggled the button in the upper right, and i get this error.

2019-01-26 11:07:52: ERROR[Main]: Invalid tooltip element(3): '0,0;1,2.5;(c@#c60303)Energy Storage
2019-01-26 11:07:52: ERROR[Main]: (c@#c60303)(c@#ffffff)(c@#0399c6)Charge: 0 / 64 EpU(c@#ffffff)(c@#565656)
2019-01-26 11:07:52: ERROR[Main]: (c@#565656)Power Used / Generated: 0 EpU(c@#ffffff)'
2019-01-26 11:07:57: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'elepower_solar' in callback node_on_timer(): ...bin\..\mods\elepower-master\elepower_solar/generator.lua:72: attempt to call field 'raycast' (a nil value)
2019-01-26 11:07:57: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-01-26 11:07:57: ERROR[Main]: ...bin\..\mods\elepower-master\elepower_solar/generator.lua:72: in function <...bin\..\mods\elepower-master\elepower_solar/generator.lua:38>

This mod is for Minetest 5.0. You're using Minetest 0.4.x, which doesn't support those features

DoyleChris
Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 19:54
In-game: DoyleChris

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by DoyleChris » Post

Ok

Chem871
Member
Posts: 951
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx
Location: My Basement's Attic

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by Chem871 » Post

How do I get 0.5.0?
What is SCP-055?

User avatar
Nathan.S
Member
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 17:47
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21
Location: Bigsby Texas
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by Nathan.S » Post

If on Linux build from source, or try the daily ppa.
https://launchpad.net/~minetestdevs/+ar ... ily-builds

On Windows or Mac you could build from source as well, not sure about builds for those platforms as I don't use either of them.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

DoyleChris
Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 19:54
In-game: DoyleChris

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by DoyleChris » Post

i only have a server running 4.17.1

User avatar
IcyDiamond
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 08:55
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by IcyDiamond » Post

An uncooled fission reactor core will now melt into Corium. Also, I think I finally managed to fix the pump.
Web developer | Minetest modder | Systems Administrator | Donate
Mods - elepower | melterns | towny

Chem871
Member
Posts: 951
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx
Location: My Basement's Attic

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by Chem871 » Post

Does damaging radiation exist in this modpack? Also, is the MP still dependent on fluid_lib?
What is SCP-055?

User avatar
IcyDiamond
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 08:55
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by IcyDiamond » Post

Chem871 wrote:Does damaging radiation exist in this modpack? Also, is the MP still dependent on fluid_lib?
No, not yet at least and yes, forever will be.
Web developer | Minetest modder | Systems Administrator | Donate
Mods - elepower | melterns | towny

User avatar
IcyDiamond
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 08:55
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by IcyDiamond » Post

A simple wind turbine
Image
Web developer | Minetest modder | Systems Administrator | Donate
Mods - elepower | melterns | towny

Festus1965
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58
In-game: bye bye

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by Festus1965 » Post

rubenwardy wrote:This mod is for Minetest 5.0. You're using Minetest 0.4.x, which doesn't support those features
maybe as of this, mods have to be signed also in subject text, what version they are for, or separate the mod threads ?
I am really confused about compatibly between 0.4.x and 5.0, but that is another thread worth
Minetest has no future

User avatar
IcyDiamond
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 08:55
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by IcyDiamond » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
rubenwardy wrote:This mod is for Minetest 5.0. You're using Minetest 0.4.x, which doesn't support those features
maybe as of this, mods have to be signed also in subject text, what version they are for, or separate the mod threads ?
I am really confused about compatibly between 0.4.x and 5.0, but that is another thread worth
I don't understand what you're trying to say. The OP clearly states that this mod is for 5.0.0-dev.
Web developer | Minetest modder | Systems Administrator | Donate
Mods - elepower | melterns | towny

Chem871
Member
Posts: 951
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx
Location: My Basement's Attic

Re: [Mod] Elepower - A new powerful modpack [elepower]

by Chem871 » Post

What about adding battery nodes to hold a lot of juice, and steam turbines, for realistic, simple power generation?
What is SCP-055?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests