[WIP] Guinea Pigs [1.0] [mobs_guineapigs] [Git]

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

Guinea Pigs
Version: 1.0
Code: LGPL 3.0
Assets: CC BY-SA 3.0
MT Version: 0.4.17.1+
Dependencies: default, mobs

For use with mobs_redo, this adds guinea pigs, wild cavies that quickly flee unless tamed and can be found on grassy hills and mountains. They can be fed and bred with just about any vegetation that is in the base game. Guinea pigs do not drop anything, they exist purely for the joy of having guinea pigs.

If anyone has tips for animating in Blender, it would be much appreciated. My first attempt resulted in Mr Stretch legs.

Source Code
Download

R-One

Re: [WIP] Guinea Pigs [1.0] [mobs_guineapigs] [Git]

by R-One » Post

Hello

It lacks a little animation in the moves to remove the slip effect.

But it's so nice and cute!

This rodent from the Cordillera des Andes is there called "Cuy" because of his cry ... It was domesticated for the first time in 5000 BC. BC by tribes of the Andean region of South America (now the southern part of Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia). The Quechua peasants and other Amerindian peoples raised him to eat, a little like the rabbit at home.

65 million cuyes are consumed annually in Peru, its presence in the local popular culture is such that the meal (the Last Supper) served to the apostles of Jesus Christ is a guinea pig dish, on the pictorial representation made in the cathedral of Cuzco.

Now the question a fork to implement this? ;-)

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

I have a video on animating in Blender, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzEjMTFyn98
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

AccidentallyRhine

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

Nathan.S wrote:I have a video on animating in Blender, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzEjMTFyn98
That is actually one of the videos I tried to follow. I got three of the legs to work independently but the front right would move the entire mesh along with the leg. I probably messed up with parenting meshes.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

They're very small animals. For those, animation is in general less important than for bigger beasts like cows. Perhaps they could move their head about a bit from time to time or climb on their hind legs or do whatever guinea pigs do. Might be tricky to build them one of those little wooden houses people generally seem to offer these pets as homes - would be too small.
A list of my mods can be found here.