[Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

[Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by DELTA_FORCE » Mon Nov 19, 2018 21:01

I made a mod that gives the player 85+ swords from the game Terraria, along with their corresponding damages, in case anyone wants to make a mod that creates mobs from Terraria as well as bosses. Also in the future I look forward to making materials and ores AND pickaxes from the game. To install, just put the file into the mods folder and rename it terrariaswords .



DELETED FOR LICENSING REASONS.
Last edited by DELTA_FORCE on Thu Jan 31, 2019 19:07, edited 26 times in total.
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
 
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: (Mod) Terrariaswords

by TumeniNodes » Mon Nov 19, 2018 21:12

DELTA_FORCE wrote:DISCLAIMER : This mod only gives you swords. The swords, pictures, and ideas are NOT my own and were used from the official game itself. Screenshots will be posted at a later time.


A disclaimer will do no good if the licensing of the artwork, etc. prohibits you from using them here.
Just be sure that all the correct and proper licensing/credits are in place and that the license of the work does not prohibit you from using these images in this manner.

It would be better if the code were uploaded to some format where people can view the code and artwork in question in this last comment.

I do not know the license terms for Terraria artwork but, just want to point out that since you are the one distributing it here, it is you who should know how it is licensed. I am unsure that simply using a disclaimer does the trick
Ich mag keine grünen Eier und Schinken, ich mag sie nicht Sam I Am
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: (Mod) Terrariaswords

by DELTA_FORCE » Mon Nov 19, 2018 21:32

TumeniNodes wrote:
DELTA_FORCE wrote:DISCLAIMER : This mod only gives you swords. The swords, pictures, and ideas are NOT my own and were used from the official game itself. Screenshots will be posted at a later time.


A disclaimer will do no good if the licensing of the artwork, etc. prohibits you from using them here.
Just be sure that all the correct and proper licensing/credits are in place and that the license of the work does not prohibit you from using these images in this manner.

It would be better if the code were uploaded to some format where people can view the code and artwork in question in this last comment.

I do not know the license terms for Terraria artwork but, just want to point out that since you are the one distributing it here, it is you who should know how it is licensed. I am unsure that simply using a disclaimer does the trick

Don't worry. I checked the licensing and it's fine, as long as I acknowledged that is is in fact not my artwork and it belongs to https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Swords, then I should be fine. Thanks for reminding me! :D
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [Mod] TerrariaSwords (terrariaswords)

by Chem871 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 23:13

Are there any dependencies or crafts?
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Mod] TerrariaSwords (terrariaswords)

by DELTA_FORCE » Mon Nov 19, 2018 23:28

There should be no dependencies. I haven't added crafting recipes yet as I would need more materials to be able to make a complete crafting recipe. Also, some swords drop from mobs so if those get added (like the Meowmere from the Moonlord fight) i'll need more stuff like mobs.
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

User avatar
davidthecreator
Member
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 19:48
Location: Lithuania
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by davidthecreator » Tue Nov 20, 2018 06:02

I like your interest in Terraria....

But personally, I'm looking forward to making something similar to Terraria for MineTest, not an exact copy.
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by DELTA_FORCE » Tue Nov 20, 2018 19:55

I understand your viewpoint and appreciate it. I don't want an EXACT copy, as not only would it be difficult but I could just play it on PC, PS4 or Xbox1 at that point. I made this mod for those Terraria fans like myself who thought it would be cool to have something that reminded them of one of their favorite games. I am hoping to add mobs, as long as I have some help, to make some from-game and some completely unique to MT. If you would like to help, just ask and we could possibly work on something, like ores or pickaxes. (I also suck at pixel art so doing that would be a big help as well.)
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

User avatar
davidthecreator
Member
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 19:48
Location: Lithuania
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by davidthecreator » Tue Nov 20, 2018 20:08

DELTA_FORCE wrote:I understand your viewpoint and appreciate it. I don't want an EXACT copy, as not only would it be difficult but I could just play it on PC, PS4 or Xbox1 at that point. I made this mod for those Terraria fans like myself who thought it would be cool to have something that reminded them of one of their favorite games. I am hoping to add mobs, as long as I have some help, to make some from-game and some completely unique to MT. If you would like to help, just ask and we could possibly work on something, like ores or pickaxes. (I also suck at pixel art so doing that would be a big help as well.)


Aight.

I might help you out when I have free time...

Feel free to ask for anything you need.
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by DELTA_FORCE » Wed Nov 21, 2018 00:23

Ummm. wow. I really wasn't expecting THAT much support, but since I do, i'll get to you guys tomorrow with some ideas for armors (like the 3d armors mod), or pickaxes. Tell me what you guys want to do (except mobs) and I can help with the scripting part. (and some textures)
Also, maybe putting ores (from the moreores mod) could be a possibility that I would need help with the textures with.
See yall tomorrow.
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by DELTA_FORCE » Wed Nov 21, 2018 16:09

Maybe I should start on ores. That way I can also find a way to add life crystals that permanently add 5HP to the character. I probably won't add life fruit, but a minetest alternative called Mesefruit, which gives the player permanently 20HP. And for a new material, I was thinking of a easier ore to get called curtanium. It would be better than meteorite but not too much better. And for bows and guns, I was thinking of using the rangedweapons mod for guns and a mod that woud work for bows. If anyone has an idea of what to add (like a weapon, item, or ore), please let me know. Thank you.
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

User avatar
davidthecreator
Member
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 19:48
Location: Lithuania
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by davidthecreator » Wed Nov 21, 2018 16:49

DELTA_FORCE wrote:Maybe I should start on ores. That way I can also find a way to add life crystals that permanently add 5HP to the character. I probably won't add life fruit, but a minetest alternative called Mesefruit, which gives the player permanently 20HP. And for a new material, I was thinking of a easier ore to get called curtanium. It would be better than meteorite but not too much better. And for bows and guns, I was thinking of using the rangedweapons mod for guns and a mod that woud work for bows. If anyone has an idea of what to add (like a weapon, item, or ore), please let me know. Thank you.

Right now, I'm working on a mod, that will add ALOT of stuff to MineTest, that is kinda similar to terraria's...
Current features:
*Critical system
*Extra HP system that will work with 0.4.17
*Bows, with several types of arrows (guns will be added too)
*Melee weapons capable of shooting projectiles when swung (just one sword for now)
*Darkness biome (like Crimson and Corruption: is dangerous... It spreads... But can supply some good weapons)
*Healing potions
*1 mob for crimson (gonna add a lot more)
*New ores (for now 1 regular and 2 for darkness biome)
*Armors with special bonuses (for now, Aqua armor with water breathing for full set, shadow armor with 60% melee boost during night, for full set, crimson armor with 6% melee boost for each part and 1hp/8sec Regen for full set)

The mod is not posted yet, and is extremelly WIP...
But I could post a demo version sometime soon, if you're inpatient.
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by DELTA_FORCE » Wed Nov 21, 2018 17:15

WOW! That is great! maybe when you have a partially completed version upload it to a website of your choice and I can try it out!
Maybe do crimson (crimson is my favorite)
Will the ores be crimtane and demonite? or other new ones?
Will this be compatible with 4.16? I can also try it out on 5.0.0 for fun.
Idea : maybe add no limit to life (500+HP) but have life stuff harder to find?
I love the idea of the sword shooting projectiles!
I love bows and guns, so its great your working on those!
Also, what are the dependencies? Will they be things like 3d armor, rangedweapons, etc.?
Do you need me to help with anything? I can try.
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

User avatar
davidthecreator
Member
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 19:48
Location: Lithuania
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by davidthecreator » Wed Nov 21, 2018 17:28

DELTA_FORCE wrote:WOW! That is great! maybe when you have a partially completed version upload it to a website of your choice and I can try it out!
Maybe do crimson (crimson is my favorite)
Will the ores be crimtane and demonite? or other new ones?
Will this be compatible with 4.16? I can also try it out on 5.0.0 for fun.
Idea : maybe add no limit to life (500+HP) but have life stuff harder to find?
I love the idea of the sword shooting projectiles!
I love bows and guns, so its great your working on those!
Also, what are the dependencies? Will they be things like 3d armor, rangedweapons, etc.?
Do you need me to help with anything? I can try.


The biome looks more like Crimson... But has ores that are similar to both, crimtane and demonite... And the ores are: Crimrubite and Shadowsteel

For now the mod depends on: Default, Farming, flowers, 3d_armor, mobs_redo

But in the future, it will probably also depend on: vessels, Mana, playereffects

And since it's just a mod, not a sub-game... The max health player could have, is 100... As the player has 20 HP by default, but damages of the weapons are lower than in Terraria, to balance it out.
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by Chem871 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 22:05

For this mod, I have an idea; you should have tiers. Stuff from lesser tiers should have less effect on stuff from greater tiers. The damage for each tier could be 3x the previous tier's power. Lemme know if this idea is good or bad.
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by DELTA_FORCE » Wed Nov 21, 2018 22:49

Chem871:
Thats a good idea but seems kind of difficult. Maybe when things are going well, we can consider this. BUT, enemies have something called defense, where lets say a sword that does 20 damage against a enemy that has 40 defense would only do 4-5 damage. For a better understanding of the game, I recommend you check out https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Terraria_Wiki for a more complete understanding of the games rules on damage and other things.
davidthecreator:
So should I divide the damages of the swords by 5? That way it would be proportionate to the 100HP.
The ores sound great!
So tell me how you plan to do armors. Will it be 3 like the game (boots, breastplate, helmet)? Or should we do 4 (boots, leggings, breastplate, helmet)? Tell me what you want to do.
Are the flowers for the herbs and plants?
And since this is in 3d, should mobs be weaker since being in 3d brings up more of a challenge? Tell me what you think.
There are a few mods that add NPC's for trading. Maybe those could be NPC's?
Your doing a great job! Keep up the good work!
Also, if you play on PS4 or Xbox1, then here's a video I think you would like. The glitch works on PS4 and is insane when used with the Nebula Blaze. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcS5LMCU3M
StarNinjas:
Great!
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

User avatar
davidthecreator
Member
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 19:48
Location: Lithuania
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by davidthecreator » Wed Nov 21, 2018 23:17

DELTA_FORCE wrote:So should I divide the damages of the swords by 5? That way it would be proportionate to the 100HP.
The ores sound great!
So tell me how you plan to do armors. Will it be 3 like the game (boots, breastplate, helmet)? Or should we do 4 (boots, leggings, breastplate, helmet)? Tell me what you want to do.
Are the flowers for the herbs and plants?
And since this is in 3d, should mobs be weaker since being in 3d brings up more of a challenge? Tell me what you think.
There are a few mods that add NPC's for trading. Maybe those could be NPC's?
Your doing a great job! Keep up the good work!
Also, if you play on PS4 or Xbox1, then here's a video I think you would like. The glitch works on PS4 and is insane when used with the Nebula Blaze. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcS5LMCU3M
StarNinjas:
Great!


Divide by 2-3x or so... as long as they don't look too OP... But there's no need to divide em by as much as 5x, as armor in MineTest is stronger...

As for armors... Currently, I'm making the standard MineTest 5-part sets (helm, chest, leggings, boots, shield) but I'm going to take the 6th slot for accessories.

As for flowers... The ones from regular flower mod, won't be used much... Unless they get corrupt by darkness and turn into a different one... The bloodbloom... Which will probably be used for potions.

The mobs will be from slightly, to highly stronger than usual MineTest mobs, depending on how much you've progressed, but They won't be as tough as some of Terraria mobs...

As for trading... So far, no plans for making items sellable, but I did try to make armsdealer NPC, and with success! So far he sells: machinetrout (pretty much like Terraria minishark... Low dmg, low crit, high speed, 33% chance not to consume ammo)
And musketballs... Which I might make craftable actually...



And for tomorrow... I kinda wanna try to make a boss... If everything will go as planned, maybie the way of summoning it, will be by smashing 3 of some kind of thingie, that I haven't came up with, but that will be similar to shadow orbs/pulsating hearts.
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by DELTA_FORCE » Wed Nov 21, 2018 23:53

Wow. I'm literally speechless. Hope it goes well for ya. Tell me when you finish so I can try a demo!
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by DELTA_FORCE » Thu Nov 22, 2018 23:23

Oh. github doesn't like me signing up with disposable email. I'll just bring back the itch.io page. Sorry about that. It's Microsoft's fault. Not mine.
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by DELTA_FORCE » Fri Nov 23, 2018 14:56

Happy Thanksgiving and have a good Black Friday and Cyber-Monday!
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

User avatar
davidthecreator
Member
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 19:48
Location: Lithuania
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by davidthecreator » Fri Nov 23, 2018 22:34

Made some improvements to this mod:

*Swords now have different: ranges, wielditem sizes, attack speeds
*Some swords have particle effects when swung (the ones that are supposed to have em')
*Some swords (the ones that are supposed to) now shoot projectiles when swung
*added "sword_config.lua" file, in which you can quickly adjust damage of the weapons in this mod
*flipped some textures, so the swords would be wielded propperly
Attachments
terrariaswords_improved.zip
(303.66 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Mod] Terraria Swords [terrariaswords]

by DELTA_FORCE » Sat Nov 24, 2018 00:17

This is really something. Will you let me make this mod package the official release? Of course I'll credit you. This is great!
Made some improvements to this mod:
Some? This is the biggest add-on to a mod I've ever seen! Great job! I really love how well you made the Arkhalis and the other swords. How like the Meowmere has a rainbow trail, and everything else is amazing! Great how you added a sword_config.lua! I believe I shall make a sword that is completely your own for just how much you have contributed to this mod. Thank you.
Last edited by DELTA_FORCE on Sat Nov 24, 2018 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

Next

Return to WIP Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests