[mod] Mystical Agriculture - Grow everything! V1.5

What features would you like to see me add?

Plant/essence xyz for mod zyz. Comment with specifics.
No votes
Direct support for some technical mod or other farming mod. Comment with specific mods and feature requests.
No votes
Slower growth speed for more valuable resources. #balance
17%
Higher-tier/Compressed growth-crystals for EVEN MORE speed.
17%
Higher-tier/Compressed plants that grow much slower but give more essence.
17%
Harder crafting recipes for more valuable resources. #balance
8%
Punching/Breaking a mature crop drops no essence but instead has a chance to drop an extra seed.
17%
Effects for essence armour.
No votes
Essence tools with upgrades and effects.
No votes
Project Singularity. I will not elaborate.
25%

Total votes: 12

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

[mod] Mystical Agriculture - Grow everything! V1.5

by TechNolaByte » Post

Mystical Agriculture (For Minetest)

The "grow-everything" mod.
Source

What does it do?

This mod allows you to farm many resources that you otherwise would be unable to farm.
The purpose is to allow passive resource generation to reduce or replace the burden of mining, exploring, etc.
Additionally, the mod can eliminate the need for destructive terraforming—if you love your world too much to destroy it for the sake of gathering dirt, stone, ore, etc... or if you play Skyblock and simply don't have the option of mining terrain, then this mod is for you! Likewise, if you play with technology mods and you seek great riches and glory, this mod is for you!

How do I farm everything?

Each compatible resource has seeds, plants, and essence.
Place seeds on farmland (or special harvest crystals) to grow plants which, when ripe and harvested, produce unique essence; collect and craft essences into the given resource. You can farm a lot of different resources, from dirt and stone all the way to diamonds.

My avarice is unsatiated. How do I get MORE and FASTER?

Crops will grow on normal farmland, but they grow slowly.
To speed things up, craft and consume magical fertilizer.
For a non-consumable option, invest in watering cans.
To invest in a passive speed buff, place a growth crystal under the soil.
Still not enough? Place crops on harvest crystals instead of soil for them to automatically harvest mature crops. (Best paired with a technical mod that allows for the automatic collection of items.)
STILL not enough? Don't forget rule #1 of farming: invest your output back into crafting more seeds and more infrastructure for a larger farm.

What does it look like?

BUT MY FAVOURITE MOD/RESOURCE ISN'T SUPPORTED :( :(

Do not be sad! It is quite easy to add new resources! Check out any of the optional dependency files for examples.

Credits

See the included file (license.txt).
Last edited by TechNolaByte on Sat Aug 05, 2023 20:52, edited 12 times in total.
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

Re: Mystical Agriculture - Grow everything! V1.0

by Fixer » Post

Congrats! Glad to see it in minetest :D

robdrake
GitHub: rgdrake
IRC: robdrake
In-game: robdrake

by robdrake » Post

Any chance, of when breaking a ripe plant, of getting 2 seeds?

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

robdrake wrote:Any chance, of when breaking a ripe plant, of getting 2 seeds?
Perhaps have someone else do it, I'm sorry, I've pretty much stopped developing for mt due to the inproportional amount of effort it takes vs the amount of people who actually use a mod.
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Pctec2012

by Pctec2012 » Post

Hello everyone ..

I am just restarting dev on this mod ..

Hope this is ok with RSLRedstonier

Many thanks

kristovish
GitHub: kristovish
In-game: kristovish

by kristovish » Post

Pctec2012 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 19:19
Hello everyone ..

I am just restarting dev on this mod ..

Hope this is ok with RSLRedstonier

Many thanks
I'm interested in this too. welcome

TechNolaByte

Re: Mystical Agriculture - Grow everything! V1.1

by TechNolaByte » Post

I've updated the mod description and provided a working link.

I am not un-abandoning it, but just dusting off the original.
Contributions are welcome if you feel like it, I think it's better to work together on the original rather than multiple people creating their own forks and trying to fix/revive the mod separately.

TechNolaByte

Re: Mystical Agriculture - Grow everything! V1.1

by TechNolaByte » Post

Update:
Apparently every crop texture was broken :/ idk how I never noticed. Fixed all the textures.
Added new screenshots and cleaned up some issues so the mod is actually usable now.

TechNolaByte

Re: Mystical Agriculture - Grow everything! V1.3

by TechNolaByte » Post

If anyone has some art skills they want to flex, lmk. Would really appreciate it.

indeeder

by indeeder » Post

How i missed this mod? It's amazing, especially for skyblock.

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

indeeder wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 07:35
How i missed this mod? It's amazing, especially for skyblock.
Thank you! Indeed, I created it many years ago to suit my skyfactory needs. Figured I should atleast maintain it for others to use aswell.

TechNolaByte

Re: Mystical Agriculture - Grow everything! V1.4

by TechNolaByte » Post

Update:
- A lot of essence crafting recipes were broken, so I have now fixed them.
- Prosperity and Inferium ores have been added for normal worlds, with nether support. Their recipes still exist, mostly for sky worlds since, given the expense, normal worlds are still better to mine.

HighPopes
GitHub: HighPopes

by HighPopes » Post

Sorry for this post. There is resource crops and mystical agriculture(redo) on the minetest contentdb.
This version isn't listed on contentdb? or do you use a different name for contentdb?

I'm on mobile and minetests mod folder is locked on my phone. So I can't download the source and install manually.

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

HighPopes wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 13:02
Sorry for this post. There is resource crops and mystical agriculture(redo) on the minetest contentdb.
This version isn't listed on contentdb? or do you use a different name for contentdb?

I'm on mobile and minetests mod folder is locked on my phone. So I can't download the source and install manually.
This mod used to be on contentdb but was taken down a few years ago for various reasons. I understand contentdb is essential for mobile users and I am working on restoring it to contentdb.

Abandoned, "Mystical Agriculture" broke down over the years and became unusable. In response to my absence, "Mystical Agriculture(redo)" was created, presumably with intent to fix the mod. But I noticed and the activity motivated me to come back to fix it myself. As of yet, "Mystical Agriculture(redo)" does not have any unique features and it is still the outdated and broken version.

"Resource Crops" is similar but unaffiliated, just us two modders independently having similar ideas. I think my mod does some parts better, but I also think his mod does some parts better as well.

Mystical Agriculture: Has more plants, more support for more other mods, multiple tiers of essence coal and essence metal and essence armour, and mystical bone meal and growth crystals. My mod does not depend on mining ores to get started with it, so it is skyblock friendly.
Resource Crops: Has "Inferno Stone" for smelting-by-crafting, uses custom and original textures (whereas all of my textures are stolen from the original Minecraft mod), and I suspect his crafting recipes are more modern and balanced. Also, his code base is much more sensible than mine (looking back at how horrible my code is makes me sick lol).

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Decided to keep working on this mod to make it great.
Added a poll to ask what features people want.

HighPopes
GitHub: HighPopes

by HighPopes » Post

The redo seems to work quite great so when contentdb gets updated with official I'll be switching. Currently testing alot of other mods so worlds switching to the official isn't a problem for me.

TechNolaByte

Re: [mod] Mystical Agriculture - Grow everything! V1.5

by TechNolaByte » Post

Update 1.5

Six tiers of watering cans!

Use watering cans to manually accelerate crop growth for more riches and glory!
Higher tiers of watering cans hold more water and have a greater area of effect.
If you don't want AOE you can alternatively direct all the water on one plant for extra growing power.
Note, fully using the AOE is more efficient for mass-growth, but pouring it all on one plant may be better if you only have 1-2 plants you want to water. The choice is yours :)

Go check out gravgun's original "Waterican" mod which I derived my watering cans from.

New harvest crystal!

There are now two types of harvest crystal.
Harvest Crystal (unchanged): harvests the mature crop growing on it after a delay. Cheap enough and intended for large automated farming setups.
Supreme Harvest Crystal: harvests the mature crop INSTANTLY. When paired with growth-accelerants this is actually a big deal. It might be game-breaking and if you play around with the watering cans long enough you'll figure out why :)

Neater code-base!

Yeah you guys probably don't care about this change, but I do.

Recipe changes, balance changes, minor tweaks, and bug fixes.

I lost track, but stuff is more polished now.

Have fun transmuting water into wealth!

TechNolaByte

Re: [mod] Mystical Agriculture - Grow everything! V1.5

by TechNolaByte » Post

I am pleased to announce that this mod is now available on Content Database!