Page 1 of 1

[Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 21:19
by runs
I love clementines (a tangerine variety)!

Image

Image

Depends: default
Optional: stairs

License: GPLv3

Minetest version: 5.0+

The schematic is available in .mts and .lua format

Source Code

Download from DownGit

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 13:44
by Clyde
Cool trees, i like it, but only a (noob)-question:

How can i download this tree-mods?
If i click on the link, i come to the repository, but there is nothing to download, only your full game with engine.

Image

Greetings, Clyde.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 14:45
by Hume2
The problem is that the mod doesn't have its own repository. The link refers to a Minetest branch with an installed game that contains this mod.

@runs: An advice for you: Put your mod into a submodule, so you can update your mods independently. Submodule is a reference to an external repository which puts the content to your repository where you want. You can find more info at git help submodule.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 15:28
by runs
Hume2 wrote:The problem is that the mod doesn't have its own repository. The link refers to a Minetest branch with an installed game that contains this mod.

@runs: An advice for you: Put your mod into a submodule, so you can update your mods independently. Submodule is a reference to an external repository which puts the content to your repository where you want. You can find more info at git help submodule.
Too much complicated (for me) hahaha. Now it can be downloaded from Gitdown.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:47
by Clyde
It's a working solution ;-).
Thx, now i was able to download your trees.

Greetings, Clyde.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 17:33
by Clyde
Hello runs,

i like your trees but i have some problems:

My config was:
Minetest 5.0.0 dev with the default game.
Added Mods are:
Moretrees
Biomes_Lib

Take a look:
clementine_shot.png
(101 KiB) Not downloaded yet
cherry_shot.png
(134.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The clementine and the cherry-tree starts to grow 1 Node above.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 17:36
by Clyde
mahogany_shot.png
(90.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The magogany-tree starts grow 1 node + x and 1 node + z
lemon_shot.png
(132.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The lemon-tree starts grow 1 node under the sapling.
Ok, maybe this is not a but, it's a feature ;-).

Greetings, Clyde.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 22:31
by runs
Clyde wrote:
mahogany_shot.png
The magogany-tree starts grow 1 node + x and 1 node + z
lemon_shot.png
The lemon-tree starts grow 1 node under the sapling.
Ok, maybe this is not a but, it's a feature ;-).

Greetings, Clyde.
Yes, it is an error. I've uploaded the fixes. Can you check it and then tell me if now is all OK?

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 23:04
by trainwrecktony
nice trree textures. i reset my server map and added your cherry, clementine, and lemon (doh! i downloaded it early and got the typo lemmon version and even though i manually typied it out a dozen times to add registrations to other mod like moreblocks, mymeshnodes, etc)

one thing to also fix in code clemetine is not dropping leaves theres typo "clementinetree:_leaves"

drop = {
max_items = 1,
items = {
{items = {"clementinetree:sapling"}, rarity = 20},
{items = {"clementinetree:_leaves"}}
}
},

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 23:22
by runs
trainwrecktony wrote:nice trree textures. i reset my server map and added your cherry, clementine, and lemon (doh! i downloaded it early and got the typo lemmon version and even though i manually typied it out a dozen times to add registrations to other mod like moreblocks, mymeshnodes, etc)

one thing to also fix in code clemetine is not dropping leaves theres typo "clementinetree:_leaves"

drop = {
max_items = 1,
items = {
{items = {"clementinetree:sapling"}, rarity = 20},
{items = {"clementinetree:_leaves"}}
}
},
Thanks, now that it is fixed too.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 01:29
by Clyde
The trees do now all the same:
I use mapgen v7, but the generated trees are growing right and without a problem.

But if you plant a tree, they start grow 2 node next to x and 2 node next to z from the sapling.
Except the mahoganytree grows now 3 node next to x and 3 nodes next to z from the sapling.

Image

Greetings, Clyde.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:56
by runs
Clyde wrote:The trees do now all the same:
I use mapgen v7, but the generated trees are growing right and without a problem.

But if you plant a tree, they start grow 2 node next to x and 2 node next to z from the sapling.
Except the mahoganytree grows now 3 node next to x and 3 nodes next to z from the sapling.

Image

Greetings, Clyde.
I fix that offset and now it could be fixed. I've checked:

Image

Image

Thanks for inform about bugs!

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 14:02
by Clyde
Hello runs,

Bugreport:

Clementinetree
Mahoganytree
Lemontree

Check the schematics, you use there always the cherrytree-schematics.

Only Mahoganytree has trouble with the coordinates:

Image

Greetings, Clyde.
treeshot_mahogany.jpg
(199.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 20:57
by runs
Clyde wrote:Hello runs,

Bugreport:

Clementinetree
Mahoganytree
Lemontree

Check the schematics, you use there always the cherrytree-schematics.

Only Mahoganytree has trouble with the coordinates:

Image

Greetings, Clyde.
treeshot_mahogany.jpg
Yes, you're right. I reuploaded a new *I hope* fixed version.

I checked carefully. Please confirm me that finally works.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 00:35
by Clyde
Next Bugreport:
Take a look on the lemontree:trunk

on_rightclick ....

There is an old function for cork, that let crash a server, if the mod isn't there.
If you replace it with on of the other on_rightclick-functions from cherry, clementine or. mahogany, then the trees works well and without problems.

Greetings, Clyde.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 21:24
by runs
Clyde wrote:Next Bugreport:
Take a look on the lemontree:trunk

on_rightclick ....

There is an old function for cork, that let crash a server, if the mod isn't there.
If you replace it with on of the other on_rightclick-functions from cherry, clementine or. mahogany, then the trees works well and without problems.

Greetings, Clyde.
Hey guy, you was right. Fixed the cork issue.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:01
by runs
New fixed version:

-Added the missed local variable to avoid the trees being spawned in a v6 mapgen:

Code: Select all

local mg_name = minetest.get_mapgen_setting("mg_name")

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 04:12
by mzs.112000
Does this conflict with other mods such as moretrees?

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 07:55
by runs
mzs.112000 wrote:Does this conflict with other mods such as moretrees?
No. It is independent. It uses schematics to place the trees.

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 23:39
by ThorfinnS
Off topic, but what texture pack is that, runs?

Re: [Mod] Clementine Tree (clementinetree)

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 21:37
by runs
ThorfinnS wrote:Off topic, but what texture pack is that, runs?
It is a mix for my private use, from here and there. I'm updating for the v5.0 version.

Download