[Mod] Mesecons Stealthnode

Clyde
GitHub: acmgit
In-game: clyde

[Mod] Mesecons Stealthnode

by Clyde » Post

Hello @ll,
do you know the ghoststones in mesecons?
Yes?
What would you say, there are ghoststones who looks like default wood, or like a jungletree?

Mesecons Stealthnode is a mod, that give you this kind of ghoststones. Ghoststones who looks like normal wood, or like a jungletree and much more.
And not enough, there exists a little API to register your own ghoststones what you want to see.

Mesecons Stealthnode

No Signal:

With Signal:

Source: https://github.com/acmgit/mesecons_stealthnode
Download: https://github.com/acmgit/mesecons_stea ... ve/1.3.zip
Depends: default, mesecons_random
Credits: Code to register the ghoststones is taken from jeija's ghoststones.
License: LGPL 3.0

For Modwriters and/or Admins:

stealthnode.register_stealthnode(modname, node)
stealthnode.register_conductnode(modname, node)

With this interface, new Stealthstones are simply created.

modname = string, the current modname like "default" but without ":"
nodename = string, nodename for the stealthstone.

Recipes:
like the ghoststones but instead of the cobble is the node and instead of the iron is tin_ingot.

Greetings, Clyde.
Last edited by Clyde on Wed Jun 07, 2023 20:26, edited 5 times in total.
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

trainwrecktony
In-game: trainwrecktony

Re: [Mod] Mesecons Stealthnode

by trainwrecktony » Post

Good mod have it enabled on my server. I added some additional mod's nodes easily but having trouble registering with a few most notably ore blocks from moreores, trunks and planks from moretrees, and blocks from mobs_animals.
Will receive message but game will still load and those stealthnodes not available example
[MOD] mesecons_stealthnode: moreores:mithril_block not found to register a stealthnode
Tried messing with depends on your mod and them no change.

Next i tried adding the code to the mod example note i'm still using moreores tin not deault and fixed any issues this may cause but errors are similar for moretrees, mobs, etc

Code: Select all

if minetest.get_modpath("mesecons_stealthnode") then

local snodes = {
                {"moreores", "mithril_block"},
				{"moreores", "silver_block"},
{"moreores", "tin_block"}

}

local register = stealthnode.register_stealthnode
	for i,value in pairs(snodes) do
		stealthnode.register_stealthnode(value[1], value[2])
	end
end
Here i get error and game will note load, server is latest minetest git

2019-07-20 06:51:17: ERROR[Main]: C:\test\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:65: Name mesecons_stealthnode:moreores_mithril_block does not follow naming conventions: "moreores:" or ":" prefix required
2019-07-20 06:51:17: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-07-20 06:51:17: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'error'
2019-07-20 06:51:17: ERROR[Main]: 	C:\test\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:65: in function 'check_modname_prefix'
2019-07-20 06:51:17: ERROR[Main]: 	C:\test\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:113: in function 'register_item'
2019-07-20 06:51:17: ERROR[Main]: 	C:\test\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:206: in function 'really_register_node'
2019-07-20 06:51:17: ERROR[Main]: 	...bin\..\games\twt\mods\technic\technic_worldgen/nodes.lua:204: in function 'really_register_node'
2019-07-20 06:51:17: ERROR[Main]: 	...in\..\games\twt\mods\technic\technic_worldgen/crafts.lua:181: in function 'register_node'
2019-07-20 06:51:17: ERROR[Main]: 	...\bin\..\games\twt\mods\mesecons_stealthnode/register.lua:31: in function 'register'
Next i tried commenting out technics 'really_register_node' code above will get similar error that will prevent game from loading

2019-07-20 18:10:35: ERROR[Main]: C:\test\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:65: Name mesecons_stealthnode:moreores_mithril_block does not follow naming conventions: "moreores:" or ":" prefix required
2019-07-20 18:10:35: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-07-20 18:10:35: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'error'
2019-07-20 18:10:35: ERROR[Main]: 	C:\test\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:65: in function 'check_modname_prefix'
2019-07-20 18:10:35: ERROR[Main]: 	C:\test\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:113: in function 'register_item'
2019-07-20 18:10:35: ERROR[Main]: 	C:\test\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:206: in function 'register_node'
2019-07-20 18:10:35: ERROR[Main]: 	...\bin\..\games\twt\mods\mesecons_stealthnode/register.lua:31: in function 'register_stealthnode'
If i remove the code i added to the mod example if minetest.get_modpath("mesecons_stealthnode") then local snodes = { {"moreores", "mithril_block"}, ....etc code i can load the game without error still with the commented out technics 'really_register_node' code
Server Owner trainwrecktony.serveminecraft.net:30000 irc.freenode.net ##minetest-trainwrecktony

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Thank you ;-).

Do you use the Release-Zip?
If yes, then please download the source directly from github.
https://github.com/acmgit/mesecons_stealthnode
In the Release was a Bug which had made troubles on registering, that is fixed.

I have seen, that you have tried to register a node, that don't exist and will register later (dependence), so mesecons_stealthnode can't register this node.

Your snippet should work, but the line with local register = stealthnode.reg..... isn't needed ;-).

if minetest.get_modpath("mesecons_stealthnode") then

local snodes = {
                                 {"moreores", "mithril_block"},
                                 {"moreores", "silver_block"},
                                 {"moreores", "tin_block"}
                              }

for i,value in pairs(snodes) do
      stealthnode.register_stealthnode(value[1], value[2])
   end

end
Take this snippet and pack it in a new little mod, add all dependencies, like in this case:
mesecons_stealthnode and moreores.
Then you can be sure, that all nodes are registered and you can create the stealth-node from the registered Nodes.
Hoping this helps.

Greetings, Clyde.
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Update:

Release 1.3:

Wrong register of Nodes fixed, thank you trainwrecktony.
The mod is now a modpack and split in 2 mods, the main-part and the register-part.
So it's easier to register new blocks, edit only the register-part and add your
nodes in the list, what you want.

Important:
If you add new Nodes from another mod, don't forget to add the new mod in depends.txt
and/or in mod.conf from register_stealthnodes.
In depends.txt with: modname?
In mod.conf with: depends = ...., modname

Greetings, Clyde.

trainwrecktony
In-game: trainwrecktony

by trainwrecktony » Post

thanks for fix all nodes i had issues with are now registered
Server Owner trainwrecktony.serveminecraft.net:30000 irc.freenode.net ##minetest-trainwrecktony

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

I had installed this release on my server and it was working there.
Then i was curiously and visited your server and have seen, you have a lot of stealth-nodes there ;-).

What new is against the old release is, that in this release now the stealth-node has the same groups
as the original node.

Greetings, Clyde.

Clyde

by Clyde » Post

Upadate:

Stealthnodes has now conducting nodes added.

New API:

register_stealthnode(modname, nodename)
register_conductnode(modname, nodename)

Greetings, Clyde.