Page 1 of 3

[ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.15)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 14:38
by runs
Image
Cool Trees

This mod includes:
-All my tree mods in one modpack.
-Also the schematics in .mts and .lua format.

Cherry Tree
Lemon Tree
Ebony Tree
Clementine Tree
Mahogany Tree
Pineapple
Chesnut Tree
Palm Tree
Birch Tree
Bamboo
Larch Tree
Jacaranda Tree
Pomegranate Bush
Weeping Willow


License
GPLv3

Depends
Depends: default
Optional: stairs

Cherry Tree
It adds some color to Deciduous Forest. After some time the blossom will turn into green leaves and the cherries can appear.
Credits for blosssom pink texture: hfok
Image
Image

Lemon Tree
Image
Image

Mahogany Tree
I hate the Rainforest biome. It's stifling. This mod adds Mahogany Trees to make this biome more immersive and less boring.
Image
Image

Clementine Tree
I love clementines (a tangerine variety)!
Image
Image

Pineapple
- Yes, I know that already exists a pineapple in Farming Redo, but the new "RootedPlant" in v5.0 is super suitable for this. The pineapple is now a rooted plant of a pineapple and its leaves.
- They spawn naturally in Rainforest (rare). If you plant the sapling you'll get the pineapple just above (see the picture above). In this case there is not wood.
Image
Image

Ebony Tree
A tropical tree with the most hard and dark wood. Persimmon fruit.
Image
Image

Chesnut Tree
Big and elegant tree for the prairies. To get the chesnut fruit open (craft) the burr.
Image
Image

Palm Tree
Coconuts!
Image
Image

Birch Tree
Image
Image

Bamboo
Image
Image

Larch
Image
Image

More variety for the coniferous forest. A yellow-orangish wood.

Jacaranda

Image
Image

Add some color to jungles.

Pomegranate

Image
Image

Delicious fruit to harvest in the savannah.

Weeping Willow

Image
Image

Savanna shore.

Download
Source Code
Download

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v1.0)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 15:03
by runs
Mod recovered!!!

The individual mods will be no recovered. It is better this compilation. All in one :-)

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v1.1)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 15:52
by Codesound
Beautiful, Thanks!!!

R

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v2)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 23:59
by runs
v2.0
Chesnuts!
-Added the Chesnut Tree for the Grasslands.
-Rare (the american one, almost extinct)

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:18
by runs
Added palm, birch and bamboo.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 16:38
by Sokomine
Thanks for combining the trees into one mod. That's far better than a mod for each tree.

The textures as such look good, but...they do seem diffrent from normal MT textures? Seems they're very high-resolution. I'm not certain how well the trunks and their planks will fit into normal MTG. The style is very realistic. So...probably...better with other textures around?

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 20:07
by runs
Sokomine wrote:Thanks for combining the trees into one mod. That's far better than a mod for each tree.

The textures as such look good, but...they do seem diffrent from normal MT textures? Seems they're very high-resolution. I'm not certain how well the trunks and their planks will fit into normal MTG. The style is very realistic. So...probably...better with other textures around?


Yes, they are 32x32 textures, sightly better than the default ones. I think that the lib_ecology mod inlñcudes my trees and the textures are 16x16.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 06:12
by ShadMOrdre
Yes, I have converted the textures to 16x16 for their inclusion into lib_ecology. I have not yet released this update, as there are some other things I'm working to include and bugs to fix as well. I do like the cherry trees, the textures converted down to 16x16 better than the others, IMHO.

runs, would you / could you, please please please, make Teak, Yew, and Larch?

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 14:54
by runs
ShadMOrdre wrote:Yes, I have converted the textures to 16x16 for their inclusion into lib_ecology. I have not yet released this update, as there are some other things I'm working to include and bugs to fix as well. I do like the cherry trees, the textures converted down to 16x16 better than the others, IMHO.

runs, would you / could you, please please please, make Teak, Yew, and Larch?


Yes, I will do.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 02:45
by CalebJ
Your wood textures are fantastic, nice job.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 02:12
by trainwrecktony
not sure if my copy since i ripped the folder from your bogart game then manually applied future commits but is there an issue with clementine tree growing 1 node too deep?

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 13:56
by ThorfinnS
Birch trees, too. I figured that was the intent -- the block becomes the roots.

Also, the chestnut spawns a grass 2 tiles east, 3 tiles south at the same level as the seedling was placed (or something like that). Put a dirt block on top of level ground, add a chestnut sapling on top of the block, wait for the tree to grow, and the floating grass makes it really obvious.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 18:33
by runs
v3.1:
-Fixed: It appeared a grass block with the chestnut tree.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 18:35
by runs
Yes, the root. If annoying or low tree then I can 'fix' it.

I've uploaded a new version with the chestnut grass issue fixed.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 02:24
by CalebJ
This is still my favorite tree mod ever.

I'd like some new trees to be added, please, to complete the rainforest and bring more of Africa to Minetest.
Here's the trees I propose: (edited)
Joshua Tree
Kapok tree (this is a big tree --- complete with bromliads and ferns on the branches?)
Kauri Tree
Za Baobab
Dragon Blood Tree


Thanks for looking! If its too annoying for you to make them, PM me. I can help you if needed :) I just can't get enough of your textures.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 21:56
by runs
Ye sI will do a lot more :-)

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 17:28
by CalebJ
Awesome! Can't wait until this is a reality :)

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 21:05
by runs
I'm working on the larch actually.

Image

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 15:37
by ThorfinnS
Oh, really quickly, if the spawn is in a region of birch and bamboo, it's very often in the trunk of a birch. I don't know if there's anything you can do about that, but its common enough that I've put a sign up in the computer lab of what to do if you spawn and get the HUD but totally black screen.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.2)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 18:12
by runs
ThorfinnS wrote:Oh, really quickly, if the spawn is in a region of birch and bamboo, it's very often in the trunk of a birch. I don't know if there's anything you can do about that, but its common enough that I've put a sign up in the computer lab of what to do if you spawn and get the HUD but totally black screen.


I've defined the 'is_ground_content = false,' in the birch trunk, wich was missed. So I guess the issue is resolved.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 18:12
by runs
v3.2:
-Fix: You could spawn into a Birch trunk.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.2)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 23:02
by ShadMOrdre
runs,

The issue above may be due to using the same noise params to define decorations, but I also experience this when just using side_len and fill_ratio, where decorations are placed on/within other decorations. I currently see a tree spawning on top of grass in areas. I'm working on a fix, but it may mean using different noises for each tree / plant that I spawn.

Just an FYI

Shad

P.S. Thanks for the Larch. I'm looking forward to adding it into lib_ecology. Also, we seem to have an abundance of northern hemisphere trees, but are really lacking in southern hemisphere trees, not including the australia and Aoteara mods.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.2)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 09:35
by runs
ShadMOrdre wrote:runs,

The issue above may be due to using the same noise params to define decorations, but I also experience this when just using side_len and fill_ratio, where decorations are placed on/within other decorations. I currently see a tree spawning on top of grass in areas. I'm working on a fix, but it may mean using different noises for each tree / plant that I spawn.

Just an FYI

Shad

P.S. Thanks for the Larch. I'm looking forward to adding it into lib_ecology. Also, we seem to have an abundance of northern hemisphere trees, but are really lacking in southern hemisphere trees, not including the australia and Aoteara mods.


But it is related to player spawning, checking a node that would be "air" maybe.

P.S. Thanks for the Larch. I'm looking forward to adding it into lib_ecology. Also, we seem to have an abundance of northern hemisphere trees, but are really lacking in southern hemisphere trees, not including the australia and Aoteara mods.


I'm a northern man :-) But in future I will add more "strange" (for me) trees.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.2)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 15:00
by ThorfinnS
Ebony's trunk grows 2 tiles north and 2 tiles east of the sapling, and leaves the original sapling where it was. I don't think that sapling will grow a second tree later. At least I have not seen it do so letting it run a couple game weeks after chopping the first grown tree.

Re: [ModPack] Cool Trees [cool_trees] (v3.2)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 21:15
by runs
v3.3
-Added larch.
-Fixed: Position of ebony tree when grown.