[mod] Draconis [2.0.5] [draconis]

SevenRichieWhite
IRC: SevenRichieWhite
In-game: SevenRichieWhite

Re: [mod] Draconis [1.1.3] [draconis]

by SevenRichieWhite » Post

A very simple solution: Type /clearobjects into the console, restart the world and be happy :)

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

by ronoaldo » Post

I have a 50yo dragon, and I can fly around with it. However, I can't make the draconic fire steel. I got it to breathe over the forge with the blood and the steel ingot for more than a minute (until dragon flame was down) but still no luck. Any tips?

Also, I don't see a way to hatch the ice egg...
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

Hello_death
GitHub: Hello-death
IRC: Hello-death
In-game: riptiderazor

by Hello_death » Post

hi all. I have a problem with the nest/cavern spawning. I have incresed the I/F spawn rate to 10000000000000000000
& enable ice & fire spawning . I searched for over an hour but am able to find a single one. Plese help me out.
PLease fix mcl5 tridents :,,(

Hello_death

by Hello_death » Post

ronoaldo wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 13:30
I have a 50yo dragon, and I can fly around with it. However, I can't make the draconic fire steel. I got it to breathe over the forge with the blood and the steel ingot for more than a minute (until dragon flame was down) but still no luck. Any tips?

Also, I don't see a way to hatch the ice egg...
The way to hatch the ice eggs is to put a block over the water source e.g cobblestone and then place the egg in the water. Over time ( 25 to 30 mins) the egg will hatch.

Hello_death

by Hello_death » Post

Hello_death wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 05:46
hi all. I have a problem with the nest/cavern spawning. I have incresed the I/F spawn rate to 10000000000000000000
& enable ice & fire spawning . I searched for over an hour but am able to find a single one. Plese help me out.
I FOUND A ICE DRAGON! Killed it (I was in creative). after it was disposed of (i got no egg from it :( ) i searched for its nest with wireframe on ( i use that to detect entities like eggs etc) and found no cavern , roost or eg :(. pls tell me what i might have done wrong or where to find a nest/roost/caver.

sza

by sza » Post

Hello_death wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 03:19
Hello_death wrote:
I FOUND A ICE DRAGON! Killed it (I was in creative). after it was disposed of (i got no egg from it :( ) i searched for its nest with wireframe on ( i use that to detect entities like eggs etc) and found no cavern , roost or eg :(. pls tell me what i might have done wrong or where to find a nest/roost/caver.
Only older dragons drop eggs (or blood more rarely). In general, they always drop scales and bones. The egg doesn't stay on the surface of the nest, it's an item they drop when killed, as are the scales and bones.

Hello_death

by Hello_death » Post

sza wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 15:18
Hello_death wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 03:19
Hello_death wrote:
Only older dragons drop eggs (or blood more rarely). In general, they always drop scales and bones. The egg doesn't stay on the surface of the nest, it's an item they drop when killed, as are the scales and bones.
so roosts and caves dont exist even if they are enabled?

Bombuzal

by Bombuzal » Post

Thanks for this nice mod, the kids love it ;-)

Just some questions:
How to catch an Ice Dragon? i put eggs into water, wait 17minutes, they hatch, aaaand they are gone...
Pretty quick little beasts they are...
Even hard to catch in creative mode with fly rights and dragon flute...

What's the Dragon Horn for? seems to be the same as the Flute?

And without creative mode it's really hard to feed/flute/ride an old (big) dragon (like 100+)
one got to be really really close to hit the right cube, and it's pretty impossible without flying,
and they move if you get to close... is that wanted?

I see Health in shift-rightclick menu, though the dragon is not hungry his health is not 100%
How can one heal a dragon?

Bombuzal

by Bombuzal » Post

One more:
It's pretty cute to have a baby dragon mounted on the shoulder ;-)
but how do i convince him to get off?

ElCeejo
GitHub: ElCeejo
In-game: ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Bombuzal wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 18:31
Thanks for this nice mod, the kids love it ;-)

Just some questions:
How to catch an Ice Dragon? i put eggs into water, wait 17minutes, they hatch, aaaand they are gone...
Pretty quick little beasts they are...
Even hard to catch in creative mode with fly rights and dragon flute...

What's the Dragon Horn for? seems to be the same as the Flute?

And without creative mode it's really hard to feed/flute/ride an old (big) dragon (like 100+)
one got to be really really close to hit the right cube, and it's pretty impossible without flying,
and they move if you get to close... is that wanted?

I see Health in shift-rightclick menu, though the dragon is not hungry his health is not 100%
How can one heal a dragon?

One more:
It's pretty cute to have a baby dragon mounted on the shoulder ;-)
but how do i convince him to get off?
Thanks for the appreciation.

Catching Dragons after they hatch can be tricky, I was present for one of the first Dragons after the 1.1 update on Mercurio and it got a bit hectic. After that I made note of the issue and plan on fixing it soon (Those fixes might have something to do with a secret I mentioned in the Animalia thread) but as of now the best way to catch them is with a Flute or Horn. They both are mainly for storing Dragons but can also be used to call them, though this functionality is a bit hard to work with as of now. The Flute can call a Dragon from up to 40 blocks away, and the Horn can do the same from up to 80. Just point at the Dragon (this can be hard with babies because of the precision required) and right-click, but they'll only come to the player that owns them.

As for feeding/riding big Dragons, that's yet another issue that'll be fixed soon (and of course by soon I mean sometime within the next decade, maybe).

Dragons should heal whenever they're fed, if they aren't then that's a bug.

To get a Dragon off of your shoulder just press your sneak key.

I'm glad you enjoy the mod and hope that some coming updates will make the experience more fun and easy to use.

Bombuzal

by Bombuzal » Post

I built a small room around the ice dragon egg, so when they hatch they are trapped, but aparently they can fly through walls...
Maybe that's a bug in Minetest...
Thanks for the explanations, looking forward to new updates for the next decade :-)

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

I don't know if ice dragons can noclip normally, but if a mob spawns in a space that's too small, it can end up spawning inside a node and the inside of a node doesn't block movement. Make your cage a little bigger, and double wall it, that should keep them in unless they literally can fly through walls.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

Hello_death

by Hello_death » Post

Hello all. i have a problem whith the dragon forge. i cant use it. i have done evrything right but it still odesnt work. also the book is bugged . half the text is out of the book. it is literally cut.

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

I am aware of the draconic steel forge not working and it's currently not fixable without potential lag issues. The keyword here is "currently". I'm making a big change soon that has allowed me to fix this bug and make the forge a lot more usable while also increasing performance. The book will also be fixed (and heavily changed) in the same update as the forge. I can't say with certainty when this update will happen, as I've set several release goals for myself and missed them all. I'm hoping it'll be soon though, but no promises.

onid246

by onid246 » Post

I have installed this mod on minetest-server (5.4.1) running on Fedora 35 but I haven't seen any dragons. This is a fresh server instance and the only mods I installed manually are draconis, mobkit, and mob_core. I have given myself fly and fast privileges because I'm tired of walking around and dying (falling off cliffs, etc.) in the search for just one dragon. The debug.txt file shows that the draconis mod has been loaded.

I've been looking for instructions or any kind of info as to how to play with this mod and there's little out there other than the description on the Draconis page on the mod website and this forum. But there's nothing about what I'm supposed to do to find a dragon or egg or whatever.

It seems the only way I can figure out what to do is to become a programmer overnight and read the .lua files.

There isn't even a good readme file in the mod archive. It's just assumed that we're all going to figure it out somehow.

Can someone please tell me what I'm supposed to do to find dragons? From what I've gathered in this forum, there are height settings for where dragons appear, and I did happen to find such a setting in the fire dragon and ice dragon lua files. But what else is there? I'm not exactly a skilled programmer who can read through all these lua files and instantly understand how this mod works. I'd like to read some instructions in plain English.

Can anyone help out here?

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

You might want to lower the settings for spawn chances if you're having trouble, and also make sure that you have your preferred spawning method enabled. I'm aware that as of now documentation isn't the best, but this is entirely intentional. The in-game Bestiary item is supposed to serve as documentation that must be unlocked through gameplay, but the concept as a whole is flawed and the execution at the moment is sub-par to say the least. It's currently being reworked with feedback from patrons and should be much better executed with the next feature update. For the time being, I'll give some rough documentation on spawning.

There are 3 settings: "Simple Spawning", "Nest Spawning", and "I/F Spawning".

Simple Spawning just randomly spawns Dragons in the same way that mobs from Animalia spawn.

Nest Spawning creates nests in mountains (and floatlands, if enabled) with a Dragon guarding each one.

I/F Spawning creates roosts on the surface (patches of scorched material) and large caverns underground, similar to the Ice and Fire mod for that other block game.

You can enable any of these simultaneously, and can adjust the chance of spawning individually.

Hopefully this helps out for the time being, while I work on replacing the Bestiary.

onid246

by onid246 » Post

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, I still can't find any dragons after changing settings. I found these settings you mentioned in the "settingtypes" file. I changed to simple_spawning and changed the simple_spawn_rate from 512 to 10 thinking this should make the dragons more dense (it says "1 in x chance per spawn tick", so I assume 'x' is the value we put in ). Unless I need to make the value higher instead of lower?

Is there any other file that I need to modify in order to start seeing dragons?

Edit: actually, I just noticed that you explained earlier in this thread that "The Dragon Spawn Rate setting is a 1 in x chance, meaning setting it to 512 means a 1 in 512 chance of a Dragon spawning every 60 seconds".

Ok now I understand it. I'm going to change this to 1 and other values and see what happens.

onid246

by onid246 » Post

Still not finding any dragons, even though I changed simple_spawn_rate to 1. I wish there was something which tells me the status of the mod in-game so I can know what's going on.

I have this on survival mode. Does it require creative mode? What are the requirements for running this mod other than having mobkit and mob_core installed?

onid246

by onid246 » Post

This doesn't even work when I try running a server from the 5.4 client. Here's the settingstypes.txt for both my standalone server and the one run from the client (on linux):

Code: Select all

simple_spawning (Simple Spawning) bool true
simple_spawn_rate (Simple Spawn Rate) float 1
nest_spawning (Nest Spawning) bool false
nest_spawn_rate (Nest Spawn Rate) float 64
i_f_spawning (Ice and Fire Spawning) bool false
roost_spawn_rate (I/F Roost Spawn Rate) float 32
cavern_spawn_rate (I/F Cavern Spawn Rate) float 32
terrain_destruction (Terrain Destruction) bool true
unique_color_chance (Unique Color Chance) float 65
Can someone else try this and see if it works for you?

onid246

by onid246 » Post

Can someone say what setups this mod is known to work on, both client and server versions? Windows? Mac? Linux?

Bombuzal

by Bombuzal » Post

onid246 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 23:55
Can someone say what setups this mod is known to work on, both client and server versions? Windows? Mac? Linux?
It's working on linux here, 5.4.1 standalone server + clients, some android clients are 5.4.2

Not sure about the spawning part, but tbh i just cheated ;-)

I enabled creative mode, got some eggs from inventory, etc
Then i disabled creative mode again

In our journey we found exactly one wild dragon's nest in the trees, pretty dangerous one...

Bombuzal

by Bombuzal » Post

I tested the settings, and i found out that the settings from settingstypes.txt are not set ;) (thx to rubenwardy)
See https://dev.minetest.net/settingtypes.txt

So the stuff in settingstypes.txt is just for the GUI, the values are not set.
You could use the menu 'All Settings' to alter the values OR set them in minetest.conf

To fix it in the mod it would probably go like this (i'm just a lua beginner, but this worked for me)
I added this to the end of init.lua to set/show defaults:

Code: Select all

-- set defaults (Change in GUI Mainmenu -> Settings -> All Settings -> Mods -> draconis)

if minetest.settings:get_bool("simple_spawning") == nil then
    minetest.settings:set_bool("simple_spawning", false)
end

if minetest.settings:get("simple_spawn_rate") == nil then
    minetest.settings:set("simple_spawn_rate", 512)
end

if minetest.settings:get_bool("nest_spawning") == nil then
    minetest.settings:set_bool("nest_spawning", true)
end

if minetest.settings:get("nest_spawn_rate") == nil then
    minetest.settings:set("nest_spawn_rate", 64)
end

if minetest.settings:get_bool("i_f_spawning") == nil then
    minetest.settings:set_bool("i_f_spawning", false)
end

if minetest.settings:get("roost_spawn_rate") == nil then
    minetest.settings:set("roost_spawn_rate", 32)
end

if minetest.settings:get("cavern_spawn_rate") == nil then
    minetest.settings:set("cavern_spawn_rate", 32)
end

if minetest.settings:get_bool("terrain_destruction") == nil then
    minetest.settings:set_bool("terrain_destruction", true)
end

if minetest.settings:get("unique_color_chance") == nil then
    minetest.settings:set("unique_color_chance", 65)
end

minetest.log("action", "[MOD] Draconis     simple_spawning: " .. tostring(minetest.settings:get_bool("simple_spawning")))
minetest.log("action", "[MOD] Draconis   simple_spawn_rate: " ..          minetest.settings:get("simple_spawn_rate"))
minetest.log("action", "[MOD] Draconis       nest_spawning: " .. tostring(minetest.settings:get_bool("nest_spawning")))
minetest.log("action", "[MOD] Draconis     nest_spawn_rate: " ..          minetest.settings:get("nest_spawn_rate"))
minetest.log("action", "[MOD] Draconis        i_f_spawning: " .. tostring(minetest.settings:get_bool("i_f_spawning")))
minetest.log("action", "[MOD] Draconis    roost_spawn_rate: " ..          minetest.settings:get("roost_spawn_rate"))
minetest.log("action", "[MOD] Draconis   cavern_spawn_rate: " ..          minetest.settings:get("cavern_spawn_rate"))
minetest.log("action", "[MOD] Draconis terrain_destruction: " .. tostring(minetest.settings:get_bool("terrain_destruction")))
minetest.log("action", "[MOD] Draconis unique_color_chance: " ..          minetest.settings:get("unique_color_chance"))

-- end of defaults

hope this helps

FrostTheLionCat

by FrostTheLionCat » Post

I cranked the nest spawn and simple spawn rates up to 10000 and made a new world but i still see no naturally spawning dragons :(
cdb_55e935e0b607

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

That makes sense. I should probably change the word "rates" to "chance" in settings, but you must set the rates to a lower number to increase spawns.

FrostTheLionCat

by FrostTheLionCat » Post

set it to one, but i can't find a dragon
cdb_55e935e0b607