ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

Re: [mod] Draconis [1.0.4] [draconis]

by ronoaldo » Post

superfloh wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 19:33
The kids and I - we are too stupid to find dragons.

I installed the mod (git clone ...) and enabled in in the world config. Anything else I forgot?
I had the same question while playing with my kids. You can enable the "simple spawn" in advanced settings. It will show up in Advanced -> Mods -> Draconis (something like that). After that, they will spawn on the surface so you can play against them. I suggest you also disable the configuration that let them break and burn the terrain :) - or leave it on if you want some fun and hardcore adversary!

You can disable it back and then move on to the quest to find them spawning naturally on biomes and also under deep caves. Both ways are the natural ways they show up.
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

superfloh
GitHub: superfloh247

by superfloh » Post

Do dragon eggs hatch in creative mode?
We want to tame hatched dragons to ride them and fly.
/edit: OK managed to hatch eggs
/edit2: what does hunger 33/33 mean? not hungry at all or very very hungry?

ElCeejo
GitHub: ElCeejo
In-game: ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Sorry I've been inactive on the forums (working on an update for this mod actually), I believe ronoaldo answered your first question so I'll answer the second regarding hunger. Hunger is represented as current hunger/max hunger. For example, 243/350 would mean the Dragon has 350 max hunger and is currently at 243 hunger. Keeping them fed is important, if their hunger drops too low they could starve to death. Any raw meat should work to feed them.

Bag0Cheese
In-game: BagoCheese

by Bag0Cheese » Post

question, can you feed your dragon with let's say, meat from other mods, let's say like the one from mobs redo or something like that?
You know the rules and so do I, SAY GOODBYE

Whiskey
GitHub: git512
In-game: Whiskey SNICKLE011

by Whiskey » Post

Bag0Cheese wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 15:29
question, can you feed your dragon with let's say, meat from other mods, let's say like the one from mobs redo or something like that?
So from what I can tell, this being the relevent section of code:

Code: Select all

local common_meat_names = {
    "beef",
    "chicken",
    "mutton",
    "porkchop",
    "meat"
}

minetest.register_on_mods_loaded(function()
    for name in pairs(minetest.registereditems) do
        for ,i in ipairs(common_meat_names) do
            if (name:match(i)
            and (name:match("raw") or name:match("uncooked")))
            or minetest.registered_items[name].groups.food_meat_raw then
                table.insert(draconis.global_meat, name)
            end
        end
    end
end)
It looks through all registered items first for one of the names in the common_meat_name table (beef,chicken,mutton,porkchop,meat)
Then out of those any that also have raw or uncooked in the name.

If it fits both criteria, it counts.

That starts at line 9 of init.lua (of the version I have) if you'd like to specify alternates or additions.

Whiskey
GitHub: git512
In-game: Whiskey SNICKLE011

by Whiskey » Post

Also, @ElCeejo. Is there any documentation on this mod outside of this forum thread?

ElCeejo

Patch 1.0.5

by ElCeejo » Post

A small patch to fix some things. While this update is nothing major, the next update will be massive. I can't make any promises on a release date but I think sometime mid-August is a safe estimate. Now unto the changes for this patch.

- Fixed server crashes
- Use Mob Core spawning

The code for the old spawning system is still present for the time being, but this new system should work a lot better. Those who use the simple spawning system should see decreased lag and more reliable spawning. Because of this, I advise anyone that had changed their settings to make Dragons spawn more often should adjust their spawn rates to avoid being flooded. The Dragon Spawn Rate setting is a 1 in x chance, meaning setting it to 512 means a 1 in 512 chance of a Dragon spawning every 60 seconds, so make sure you adjust properly.

ElCeejo

Here be Dragons.

by ElCeejo » Post

Draconis 1.1 is here, with some massive improvements to movement, behavior, and visuals.

Starting with visuals, slightly revamped models are paired with new, pixel perfect textures. These are the highest res textures ever for my mods, at 768px. The biggest visual improvement comes with something never seen before in a Minetest mod: Dynamic Animation across the Head, Neck, and Tail, making movements look incredibly lifelike and increasing immersion.

Behavior was redone from the ground up. No more fly forward, pause, breath fire, repeat. Dragons switch between ground based melee attacks and strafing breath attacks from the sky, making combat extremely difficult. They can now attack while ordered to follow, and will remember to follow you between world restarts and unloading.

Aiding in this new behavior is the new A* pathfinder from Mob Core, making it harder to escape when you inevitably flee your first Dragon encounter.

Spawning has seen an overhaul as well. Simple Spawning now works far better, and allows you to get Dragon Eggs. Mapgen Spawning has been split in two: Ice and Fire Spawning is inspired by Minecrafts Ice and Fire mod, with above ground roosts and underground caverns, both of which have seen improved generation. The second mapgen option is Nest Spawning. Nests will spawn at high altitudes with a Dragon and loot inside.

Flying a Dragon is now far smoother with pitch based altitude control and the new visuals from Dynamic Animation.

I feel fully confident in saying these are the most advanced minetest mobs to date, with Dynamic Animation, the best lua-side A* pathfnder, and amazing behavior. I hope you all enjoy this update, it's been a long time in the making but I believe it was worth every second.

But that's not the last announcement for today, I'm on Patreon now!

Join at https://www.patreon.com/ElCeejo. I hear there's already a teaser for those who join ;)

ronoaldo

Re: [mod] Draconis [1.1] [draconis]

by ronoaldo » Post

I was attacked by a blue (ice?) Dragon, and after I hit him several times it was laying on the floor, red coloured. HP said 10 or so, and there were no other way to hot. I right clicked and it poof! Disappeared without any drops. Is that normal? Or should it always drop something?

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Yes. Dragons below age 50 don't drop anything. I might change that though, since they are pretty difficult to fight.

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

in singleplayer, I spawn a fire and ice dragon and the war was amazing. Also, I saw a fire dragon kill a whole herd of sheep at once! Wow

any tips about how to find dragon spawns, with the mountian spawning enabled? What is the spawn height, how to find them more easily?

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

MisterE wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 18:27
in singleplayer, I spawn a fire and ice dragon and the war was amazing. Also, I saw a fire dragon kill a whole herd of sheep at once! Wow

any tips about how to find dragon spawns, with the mountian spawning enabled? What is the spawn height, how to find them more easily?
Nest Spawning and Simple Spawning both work at Y levels 80 and above. I'd recommend Nest Spawning if you use carpathian or v7 with floatlands enabled on singleplayer. For a server, Nest and I/F Spawning probably aren't optimal, as they can cause mapgen lag and means that there's a limited number of potential Dragons on the server.

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

Thanks for the reply. I found a bigger one and it was an amazing fight with my son and a friend :D

It was hard to kill this beast, he run away! What would be a recommended viewing distance for us to keep seeying it or is it by design that he runs away quite fast?

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

I tend to keep mine at around 200-250, but I also have my settings changed to keep objects loaded at higher distances.

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

I have changed settings a bit but now I'm seeing these errors:

Settings:

#    draconis
# Enable simple spawning so they appear more often
simple_spawning = true
simple_spawn_rate = 512
# Nest spawning
nest_spawning = true
nest_spawn_rate = 16
# Ice and Fire spawning (caverns and roosts)
i_f_spawning = true
roost_spawn_rate = 16
cavern_spawn_rate = 16
# Avoid destroying player builds for now
terrain_destruction = false
# Let's make them have moe unique colors 
unique_color_chance = 16

ElCeejo

Patch 1.1.1

by ElCeejo » Post

Looks like I forgot to add "tonumber" in there.

Changes:

- Fixed number settings crashing
- Potential fix for Dragons not always spawning
- Updated version number in startup log

ElCeejo

Patch 1.1.2

by ElCeejo » Post

2 patches in 1 day? Wow.

This time I have a final fix for Dragons not spawning in caverns, roosts, and nests.

The previous one relied too heavily on low lag and forceloaded nodes (which minetest is awful at handling), the new one just uses an ABM.

ronoaldo

Re: [mod] Draconis [1.1.2] [draconis]

by ronoaldo » Post

Amazing! Thanks!!!

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

Cool mod but whenever the dragons are defeated they just fall limp on the ground until I right click on them. I’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to be doing that.
I was playing in creative mode so maybe I should try again to see if I get the same result.
Also they follow me into the water which I thought was weird.

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Having to right click the dead body is indeed intentional, them following you into water isn't. I'll add that to the list of issues to fix.

sza

by sza » Post

@ElCeejo how to build the forge? I tried to do it according to the bestiary, but I couldn't do it at all. In the bestiary there are two images, do I need to reproduce both? or should i choose between one or the other? it was a little confusing to me, despite having the necessary materials.

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

You need to combine what you see in the image (can't really think of a better way to put it). The tutorials in the bestiary seem to be fairly widely disliked so I'll probably ditch it in favor of video tutorials soon.

Hello_death
GitHub: Hello-death
IRC: Hello-death
In-game: riptiderazor

by Hello_death » Post

ElCeejo wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 01:51
You need to combine what you see in the image (can't really think of a better way to put it). The tutorials in the bestiary seem to be fairly widely disliked so I'll probably ditch it in favor of video tutorials soon.
i have done exactly what the beistary says but it still doesnt wok :(
PLease fix mcl5 tridents :,,(

ElCeejo

Patch 1.1.3

by ElCeejo » Post

Some small fixes, nothing major for now.

- Fixed 3 crashes
- Fixed players being able to access formspecs for Dragon they don't own

For those of you wanting major changes, there may be a bit of wait. I have some big changes to the foundation of the mod coming and they will take time to finish, but you won't be disappointed. On a related note, I'm considering doing a closed beta for Patreon members. I'm not sure about this decision yet, so I'll make a follow up announcement soon.

pivert
In-game: Pivert

Re: [mod] Draconis [1.1.3] [draconis]

by pivert » Post

Hi,

After uninstalling this mod, I keep several errors on the server. How can I clear references to this module ?

2021-10-07 14:44:15: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 14:44:15: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 14:44:19: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 14:44:19: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 14:44:33: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 14:44:33: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 14:44:57: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 14:44:57: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 14:45:05: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 14:45:05: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 16:16:46: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 16:16:46: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 16:16:54: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 16:16:54: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 16:27:39: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 16:27:39: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 16:28:19: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 16:28:19: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 16:28:23: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 16:28:23: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 16:28:35: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
2021-10-07 16:28:35: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 16:29:03: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_eyes" not defined
2021-10-07 16:29:03: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "draconis:fire_dragon" not defined
Thanks !
minetestserver on 3 K8S nodes with cloudnative-pg backend