[mod] Draconis [2.0.5] [draconis]

ElCeejo
GitHub: ElCeejo
In-game: ElCeejo

[mod] Draconis [2.0.5] [draconis]

by ElCeejo » Post

Adds massive, terrifying Dragons and powerful endgame equipment.

Dragons are massive flying beasts with powerful breath, capable of laying waste to almost anything.

Dragon Eggs are a rare and valuable drop from older Dragons. When put on a 3x3 nest of Bone Piles, the Egg will "awaken" and allow you to set it alight or drown it to begin hatching.

Draconic Steel can be crafted in to tools and armor (if stu's 3d armor mod is enabled) that far exceed the capabilities of diamond. Draconic Steel is costly, time-consuming, and unstackable. Each ingot is directly tied to the Dragon that forged it, and ingots forged by different individual Dragons cannot be crafted together. Draconic Steel tools gain power from their linked Dragon, with attack strength and speed increasing the closer the tool is. Inversely, if the Dragon dies the tool will shatter upon use.

More in-depth information can be found in the Libri Draconis item.

License: MIT
Dependencies: creatura
Optional Dependencies: stairs, 3d_armor
Download
Source
Last edited by ElCeejo on Tue Oct 18, 2022 01:07, edited 26 times in total.

runs

Re: [Mod] Dragons & Wyverns [0.1] [draconis]

by runs » Post

Oh, impressive. Like the Game of Thrones ones. :-)

ElCeejo

Hot Patch 0.11

by ElCeejo » Post

Hot Patch 0.11

- Fixed bug allowing players to reuse nest spawners

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

Re: [Mod] Dragons & Wyverns [0.11] [draconis]

by FreeGamers » Post

Dinosaurs AND Dragons in the same month? You're spoiling us. Keep up the good work! My sister is very excited about Paleotest and I'll subtly add this into our server. Thanks.

So I gave them a bit of a quick test yesterday and they seem pretty good. I used egg spawners in creative to spawn a few. The aggressive towards humans ones absolutely destroyed me. The other ones just sort of flew away vertically. I'm looking forward to perhaps seeing them in the wild. I'm not sure how players would fight them successfully, they are very strong. Thats fine, as I sort of view them as a legendary mob that should be a challenge to players who are interested in mobs or combat. I'll test this more soon and share my experience. The bestiary book item was well done.
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

by FreeGamers » Post

The pictures in the OP of this topic have been 404'd or 403'd.
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Fixed.

salvamea
In-game: Salvamea

by salvamea » Post

Hi everyone, I just started playing, I'm creating my world and I've added the mod draconis and addictions, but how can I ride the dragon?

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

To tame a Fire Dragon you need to find and kill one. It will always drop an egg, that will only hatchon Super-Heated Obsidian. After hatching you need to right-click it to imprint on it.

To tame Ice/Fire Wyverns you need to find their nests in High Mountains. In these nest you will find an egg and Super-Cooled Ice/Super-Heated Obsidian depending on what type of Wyvern the nest belongs to. Once you steal the egg a mother Wyvern will appear and try to kill you, Strong Armor and a Strong Sword are recommended.
The Fire Wyvern egg will only hatch on Super-Heated Obsidian. the Ice Wyvern egg will only hatch on Super-Cooled Ice.
If you added it to an existing world you'll need to travel to an unloaded part of the map with high mountains to find the eggs/dragons. That aside, Welcome to Minetest! You'll find the community is very friendly for the most part and willing to help out in any way they can so feel free to ask questions.

Imk
In-game: Imk

by Imk » Post

Thank you. Tested and running on our server.
if the old world, do players have a chance to find a dragon's nest in a new chunk? )) Everybody's running around the mountains looking for a nest, but they haven't found it yet.

Red_King_Cyclops

by Red_King_Cyclops » Post

Isn't it true that dragons have four legs whereas wyverns have two?
Currently working on new mods.

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Imk wrote:Thank you. Tested and running on our server.
if the old world, do players have a chance to find a dragon's nest in a new chunk? )) Everybody's running around the mountains looking for a nest, but they haven't found it yet.

Nests are found in very high mountains, at Y pos 80 and above.
Red_King_Cyclops wrote:Isn't it true that dragons have four legs whereas wyverns have two?
Yep, GreenDimond made me fully aware of this. In early development there were only Wyverns, but at the time I called them Dragons (Like in GOT) but GreenDimond contested that they should be called Wyverns because they have 2 legs, and that I should instead make a 4 legged version and call it a Dragon.

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Wyverns having 2 legs and dragons 4 is pretty much a D&D thing, historically the distinctions were not clear and simple. D&D did a lot of that in systematizing mythology for gameplay use, turning broad and often nebulous mythical concepts into narrow categories with simple, concrete rules.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

Imk

by Imk » Post

I have opinions, too, how do they know which one the Minetest dragon is supposed to be?
Our on 2 and standards

In our (Russian) fairy tales, there is a Zmey Gorynych He's a dragon.
Spoiler
the player busina asked me to betray
Don't let this developer listen to anyone. Great fashion and a good idea. I was happy to run on the dragon over the square clouds.)) The dimensions of the dragon slightly cover the view, but this is not the point. The very fact that we play in the QUADRATE world, removes the limits of the developer's imagination. And what is the problem in general? A dragon is like a dragon, a wyvern for a wyvern. And they evoke great emotions among players. So don't blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Let him write more such mods. And in the direction of fantasy, or else around and everywhere one techno. In general, I'm on the side of developing.

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

I probably would have made a 4 legged Dragon in the end, whether it was suggested by someone else or not. Right now the main purpose of the Wyvern is to be a more tame, flying, destructive mount, whereas the Dragon, is more of a boss creature to make getting Wyvern eggs a bit more difficult. I do plan on emphasizing that later, but I have another project I'm focusing that requires my full attention so fr now Draconis is staying the way it is.

Red_King_Cyclops

by Red_King_Cyclops » Post

ElCeejo wrote:I probably would have made a 4 legged Dragon in the end, whether it was suggested by someone else or not. Right now the main purpose of the Wyvern is to be a more tame, flying, destructive mount, whereas the Dragon, is more of a boss creature to make getting Wyvern eggs a bit more difficult. I do plan on emphasizing that later, but I have another project I'm focusing that requires my full attention so fr now Draconis is staying the way it is.
It's none of my business, but is that project water game? I remember that Lefty said that a mob roster designed by you will be included. Then again, he might have been referring to just the water mobs from Paleotest.
Currently working on new mods.

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

The mobs I'm making for water game are going to be completely unique, they won't be taken from or added to any of my current or future mods. The project I'm talking about is PaleoTest 2.0. It's in a very broken state right now so it holds priority over all my other projects for the time being.

Imk

by Imk » Post

were making a decision to show you
Spoiler

Imk

by Imk » Post

ElCeejo, we need answers for the Russian wi-ki.

if you kill mother Wyvern
what's gonna fall off her?
beat her with three players (100 hp) wasn't enough time to disappear.

Fire Dragon, where does he live?

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Wyverns only drop meat for now. Dragons spawn between 80 and 200 blocks high near exposed stone in mountains.

Imk

by Imk » Post

How did we win the wyvern
https://vk.com/teracrime?z=video-546916 ... _-54691697

Imk

by Imk » Post

Code: Select all

2020-02-13 21:06:46: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'draconis' in callback luaentity_Step(): /home/imk/minetest/bin/../mods/mobs/mount.lua:392: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
2020-02-13 21:06:46: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-02-13 21:06:46: ERROR[Main]:       /home/imk/minetest/bin/../mods/mobs/mount.lua:392: in function 'fly'
2020-02-13 21:06:46: ERROR[Main]:       ...k/minetest/bin/../mods/draconis/mobs/fire_wyvern.lua:237: in function 'do_custom'
2020-02-13 21:06:46: ERROR[Main]:       /home/imk/minetest/bin/../mods/mobs/api.lua:3190: in function </home/imk/minetest/bin/../mods/mobs/api.lua:3104>

This bug occurs when a user sitting on a dragon leaves the server

Melkor

by Melkor » Post

cool models, nice work ElCeejo

Katzenmirzerin

by Katzenmirzerin » Post

it doesn´t work. There´s an error: How can I get default mod? it´s needed for this mod.

Pablo.R

by Pablo.R » Post

default mod is part of minetest_game

Darkdraket
GitHub: -
IRC: -
In-game: Nuuuuul

by Darkdraket » Post

How to activate this mod?