[resolved]Some problems with my mod

hmsintrepide

[resolved]Some problems with my mod

by hmsintrepide » Post

Hi guys, I got some problems with my mod.

Is the number of blocks breakable with a tool divided by 3 (from real number)) ?

And how the lastest breaking option work ? (times = {[2] = 1.10, [3] = 0.60})

And a last question, what's the maxLevel ? (maxLevel = 1)

Thank you for your answer.
Last edited by hmsintrepide on Wed Jul 04, 2012 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Retour du site minetest.fr avec un nouveau nom et design : http://minetest-fr.tk . Un wiki en cours de rédaction avec un forum !

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

the lines saying ''times = {[2] = 1.10, [3] = 0.60})'' are the lengths of time it takes to break a node of the group defined for that like (ex. ''cracky'' times = {[2] = 1.10, [3] = 0.60}) would mean it takes 1.10 seconds to break a node with the group ''cracky=2'' and 0.60 seconds to break a node with the group ''cracky=3'')
the part of the script saying ''uses = #'' defines EXACTLY how many times that tool can be used to break that type of node defined like the line saying ''cracky'' times = {[2] = 1.10, [3] = 0.60})
The MaxLevel has to do with damage, more of a level hurts more and less hurts less.
Example of a steel pickaxe:

Code: Select all

groupcaps={
            cracky={times={[1]=4.00, [2]=1.60, [3]=1.00}, uses=30, maxlevel=2}
This means it takes 4 seconds to break a node with a group as ''cracky=1'', 1.60 seconds for a node in the group ''cracky=2'', and 1.0 seconds for a node with the group ''cracky=3'', the tool can be used 30 times, and deals 2 damage per hit to an entity.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

hmsintrepide

by hmsintrepide » Post

Ok thanks, your explanation is very instructive.
Retour du site minetest.fr avec un nouveau nom et design : http://minetest-fr.tk . Un wiki en cours de rédaction avec un forum !